Keyword Golden Ratio = All In Title / Search Volume

Calamari

BuSo Pro
Boot Camp
Degree
I know Im horrible, but I had to do it

http://lmgtfy.com/?s=d&q=nlp
I did that and there was basically one result, and if neuro linguistic programming is what we are talking about then we are just over complicating seo.

Admittedly I don't keep up with the latest seo buzzwords so it's totally possible we are talking about neuro linguistic programming and I'm out of the seo hot topic loop.

Degree
Here are my more recent results for those same KGR articles:
Thanks for the share Tao.

I've dabbled with KGR on a new blog set up in August. The niche is packed with KGR candidates, and performing pretty well with only branded links and social accounts (so far):

Reactions: Tao

turbin3

BuSo Pro
Degree
I'm sure, by NLP, he means natural language processing.

Calamari

BuSo Pro
Boot Camp
Degree
Any of you folks focusing on reigning in relevancy by focusing titles on your specific terms using any NLP tools or processes?
Now that I know what it is, that's a good question. It could qualify a lot more keywords.

Ryuzaki

女性以上のお金
Staff member
BuSo Pro
Digital Strategist
Degree
I found a Keyword Golden Ratio term of 0.26 KGR if you go by Ahrefs volume and 0.54 KGR if you go by SERPWoo volume.

The volume of the parent term was 1,800 (Ahrefs) and 880 (SERPWoo).

I published on October 25th I think. Here's how it went:

I'm slowly sliding up in there with nothing more than indexation and pushing it across my tiny social media network. I doubt much of that was even crawled. Here's the organic traffic to the post so far:

I'll end up interlinking to it and adding a few links to see if I can't ram the parent term up to #1 or #2. But it wasn't a bad way to add some traffic to my site. Getting a good trickle already, should explode a lot higher as the main term moves up.

KGR is fun, but not really lucrative. I have another one for a term I found today and it's child terms I'll roll out ASAP and report back.

Reactions: Tao

Andrewkar

BuSo Pro
Degree
I've found out that using loads of colorful adjectives in articles is making my content rank higher. I don't have much time to plan and then create my content accordingly to KGR or other "rules". It looks to me that by simply following rules from this day I'm getting quite decent results. Maybe I don't care anymore about things like KGR etc. because my time is limited, and maybe I've seen too much... IMO KGR is for SEO scientists who really want to know "why and how", still if I had the time to evaluate my content for KGR I'm sure my best rankers for given LTKs would surely meet criteria.

Degree
Couple of questions:

1. How long are your articles?
2. How long does it take to rank?
3. What's your success rate for example for 10 posts?

Degree
I guess this is not quite hot topic, so I'll answer myself and hope someone else finds this useful:

1. 1000 words
2. 2 weeks
3. 50% for 6 articles (if you count success on first page rankings)

So in theory they were quite a success, but the traffic is only couple of clicks even though there's quite a bit of volume on the phrases (480-1400 if I remember correct). I bought the keyword pack from Human Proof Designs.

I'm on first page half of the exact keywords, however only on positions 4-6. Impressions are ~30 per keyword for last 7 days. Let's see if I can reach higher positions and can increase the traffic.

Maybe the word count per article was bit overkill. I outsourced the writing, so scaling is impossible to make any ROI in decent amount of time. Content I ordered is great, but maybe 500 would have been enough?

Disclaimer: Still very early results, so they are probably be better once you evaluate them on a longer time period.

Tao

Degree
Mine seem to be holding up ok too, a few blips here and there but the newer ones towards the bottom are following the same sort of pattern.

I didn't mean to go for the ones where the Volume is 590 - I blame the discrepancy between keyword tools :smile:

Cash Builder

BuSo Pro
Degree
I've been having some success with these articles, I posted a lot in August/September and the keywords have been slowly rising. The majority of them are in the top 10, and 4 of them are in the top 3. All without backlinks. I am getting a good chunk of traffic from these posts now.

It takes a while to see results (as with anything in SEO), but I think it's a good idea to have a few KGR articles sprinkled into your overall content plan.

Ryuzaki

女性以上のお金
Staff member
BuSo Pro
Digital Strategist
Degree
I thought I'd come back with some more info here. If you scroll up on this page or click here to snap to it: #32, you'll see the same post. Here's the progress:

That post I said wasn't hugely lucrative is now pulling down around 4,000 pageviews a month. All I have on it is some Adsense and it's making around $12 a month. Nothing crazy but in terms of branding, hitting 4k new eyeballs a month is great. It gets some links too, if you want to bundle that up in the profit.

With this kind of info, you could start to do math equations and figure out break-even points based out how much you spend to have the content written. Eventually you could get a mathematical average going on and start to scale if you have the cash on hand to do it and can wait for the profit to kick in.

KGR doesn't seem too silly any more if you can find the right keywords. This one obviously had some volume to it and I'm also getting lots of related searches not a part of the main terms.