Keyword Golden Ratio = All In Title / Search Volume

I don't have the site on which I did most of my articles. I only have 2 pages left from them.

Article 1: 123 pageviews last 30 days, published in July. KGR 0,03
Article 2: 82 pageviews last 30 days, published in July. KGR 0,09

These were articles that I deliberately tried to find using a KGR method as described.

I would say that is pretty average for a lot of my articles. Obviously if you do ads for pageviews then that is not going to earn you more than a dollar or two, however, I don't use them for that, I use them to feed into my affiliate pages.

I usually don't use the KGR method, I just look at stuff like "people also ask" or Ahref questions or what pops up in Google after clicking around in the related searches.

An example is how I wrote an article answering a question about "Can you have a Llama in an apartment", well not a Llama, but something else and I linked directly from this post to a Llama seller.

That article has had only 190 pageviews in the last 6 months, but it has made $89 in affiliate commissions. That is an RPM of $468 compared to what? $10 or $20 on Ezoic?

So for me, in the space I am in and small geographical area, optimizing for ads doesn't make sense. I'd rather hit every small search phrase out of the park and link to affiliate offers.

Kind of the same, I try to use them to funnel people. The page itself isn't super valuable. But that's not the point, the point is to cast a wide net. "Build a moat" as Ryuzaki said.

Yeah, it's all about trying to overdeliver. It's something I learned early on working as a teen in various supermarkets and such. I slacked off like most young people, but I also learned to enjoy putting maximum effort into these very simple tasks. If you can really pour your heart and effort into something basic and take pride in it, then people notice that. A job well done is always worth doing.

I still really like that with my sites. To find some small topic and just massively overdeliver.

So, I was wondering, we start out with KGR low comp keywords early on and stuff. But, should you do like an exact topic that has way higher competition to increase topical relevance? Or build a different cluster on a somewhat less similar topic. I am not really doing the exact avalanche method but, I am doing some KGR keywords and making relevant clusters.

Also what would get more traffic in a shorter time a website that has VERY specific topical relevancy on not just low comp keywords but also high comp <- OR Work on similar topics all KGR but, not as strong topical relevance???

My site already doesn't have like FULL focus on a certain topic so that's why I was wondering cus I left my niche a lot broader.

Back