Introductions Thread

How did I end up on this site?
IDK
but I was reading emp's thread on shooting fish in a barrel and he said this:
""If you don't have five contacts to push your stuff....Traffic leaking is the least of your worries.""
well, bro, I don't. I've been doing this for, then as, my business for going on five years... in a vacuum.

So... what's up?

I figured out in 2010 that it would be best to control the links that one built. I guess you could say I had a pbn fully functional at the end of that year. This worked for me and I still think it's the key to certain of my kw rankings but I've never really got off the ground. Never had time to spam the shit out of tier 2. Have all the blogs hosted, until recently, on same domain as money site. I've reduced the original extent of the pbn mainly cuz posterous went offline and it's a huge time suck to maintain 50 sites. I think in retrospect that this was a mistake and I should have kept all the sites live.

But it's cost/benefit...
I been thinking that it would be great to set up a ghost network. not blogs but static pages. scoop recently expireds, rebuild em from archive, add a links page or whatever w some authority links and yours truly.
But this is a huge pita. and the cost/benefit doesn't add up esp since I'm concentrated with a real product in one niche.

So I recently started expanding...
my product is laser focus but I'm starting a new site and accompanying fb that's a bit more broad. I'll use this eventually for ads and affs but right now not monetized. Maybe a broader focus will bring more fish into the funnel...

I have lots of ideas on how to grow my little niche corner. But it's hard to make it all happen cuz you know sleep.

I recently found a (seemingly) highly competent writer on somelance who is working on posts for approx 350 pics for one of my pbn sites.

I have two more with a similar number of pics for her to write posts for.

I have another site that I want to make posts that link to the top ranked videos for certain kws. Throw my own vids in there as well.

Well that's all I got for right now... Where's a good place to start in this forum?

I'd consider not expanding the PBN to any more sites and just maintaining what you have. Largely just because I feel like it's a long-term risk for a short-term gain with a lot of overhead to do it right. And "right" isn't really security against the gatekeepers when they decide to sniff you out.

Moving into legit marketing and attracting high quality links is where I'd focus the most of my time, along with content production.

Thanks for joining. Looks like you have no lack of drive and motivation. You're a welcomed addition for sure :smile:

@emp :: one of my social media profile pics is alfred e newman... :smile:

@ryu :: Thanks for the welcome

I won't be expanding the pbn for the reasons detailed above.

And straight up, cuz that's how I am :smile: the high-quality links game only goes so far.
I have some super high quality links from manufacturer's associations, legit edu lists, etc, but I still watch my rankings get bounced around by spam churning up the serps...

That's why I'm changing things up and thinking that by broadening my coverage of my current niche I can generate some secondary revenue from the broader site while also driving more people into my actual real product funnel.

Hello guys,

I'm Marc and I am a dreamer. Or at least, that's what I call myself on the internet. In our real world, I'm a student, balancing owning a digital agency with studies & hobbies. I consider myself a dreamer because, at the end of the day, that's all I am and where all my motivation comes from.

I've read quite a few introduction posts and most of you are coming from other Internet Marketing communities, this is my first one so I'm a newbie, don't be harsh. I'm a front-end guy, the weird little fella from the other side of the world that makes sure everyone has a usable & good-looking small corner of the internet. That fascinates me. I have worked with people from 13 different states in the US, people from the UK, from Australia, Russia, India, UAE, and the list goes on and on. Know what the funny thing is? All that happened while I was sitting in my comfy little Ikea chair in an under-developed piece of the world called Romania. I have never seen these people, visited their countries or spoke to them, but we worked together on a beautiful project, and that is just magical.

My technical skills include basic SEO, as I work with a SEO agency from Dallas when not on solo-projects and I've learned small tips & tricks from the pros, magical web developing hands and an eye that spots beauty. I use that to pay my rent and go up the social ladder.

How are things going for you? Give me some stuff we can talk about, ask me some questions and cheers to having a good time.

Keep reading mate,but be sure to build your own thing, don't hope to find some miraculous group where you will learn in 10 mins how to be a millionaire.Start building your own thing and eventually you will get to meet really serious guys.

Had a buddy recommend this forum to me. Looking forward to meeting you all! I've been doing AM/IM for about 8 years now.

Cool.. the more I read, the more familiar people I see here!

I've seen your company's advertisements around the web! Welcome to BuSo. I desperately need to work on my photoshop chops. Do you know of any tutorial sites that are worthwhile?

Thanks Ryuzaki! For tutorials, you may want to check out Youtube or TutsPlus.com.

He responds to a post titled: "Any interest in some info about Instagram Marketing and an Instagram Marketing Conference in NYC?"

Claims he is "very interested."

Then mentions:

I do absolutely nothing involving Twitter. The content on there is recycled junk that everyone has seen hundreds of times. I do know people who have ran stuff on twitter, and the return on those 5-10k accounts are not nearly what you would probably expect...very very minimal at best. I could probably build those size accounts in a week or so...but like I said..more effort than what it is worth. In terms of content, I have contacted numerous people and have licensed all of my material so I am all in the clear in that as well. With my returns I repeat this process for newer material.

And since he specifically mentions "followers" in related postings, I'm really leaning towards IG. It could be Vine and the above post could very well be misdirection, but I'm setting up to run some tests with IG nonetheless. A lot of the rest is just an assumption based on reading his posts. I could be super wrong.

Hey dude, glad to see more web design/dev people around here! Can you PM me your agency's website?

I just checked out your Polygn site and it instantly reminded me of this site which I was on two hours ago. Though you might enjoy the design.

Sup bros, Vince aka StackCash said this was a pretty cool forum to kick it without all of the bullshit of every other internet marketing forum. I then viewed the threads and saw some of the other members and decided to join.

Hello BuSo, I was directed here from Reddit. Always wanted to start an affiliate site and finally getting my stuff together to make it happen. Picked up some good stuff from the forum so far, but what would you say is the starting point on the forum? Looking forward to learn :smile:

@Sh0ckw4ve

A definitive 1, 2, 3 roadmap of threads that will lead you from beginner to monster status are in the works, for now I'd suggest starting in the Lab and seeing which threads pique your interest, and checking out the Traffic Leaks Boot Camp section of the lab. See who's doing stuff that interests you, see what you can learn from their missteps, and always feel free to ask tons of questions. IMO the best thing you can do is to try and the best way to learn is by failing, but we're here to help you avoid some of the common pitfalls.

Welcome to the forum, good to have you on board and I'm looking forward to seeing your progress :smile:

Sup fellas, i think i skipped this part before posting in the orientation room. I do mostly french marketing, less competition but also less products/tools/bodies to market to. Ended up here after googling CCarter (what a character). Anyways looking to learn lots specially ways to not hav to rely on the big G. Chao for now

You've come to the right place! Less competition and less demand might not be that bad of a situation because that means there's more gaps where there is very specific and peculiar demand. You could find a "hole" like that and clean up real well, you know. Inventing your own niche.

Hey @animalstyle welcome to the forum good to have you here.

As far as language goes, we're "Safe for work" when it comes to images but you can definitely say fuck, shit, fuckers and bastards. The rule of thumb is that if someone would need to literally be standing over your shoulder reading your screen to see the content, it's safe to post whatever, but if somebody could be walking past while you're in a coffee shop or something and catch a glimpse of it then keep it clean.

Hello everyone,

Been lurking for awhile and finally decide to participate in the forum. I have meddled with IM for quite sometime, started off with arbitraging goods from taobao and selling them on ebay then got lost with SEO and affiliate marketing(I decide to leave ebay for affiliate marketing when google open up their zoo). Start hogging on MMO products and become IM/Warrior forum ultimate target segment.

Fast forward,Came across the millionaire fastlane book and the idea of creating online assets cross my mind. I googled for more information regarding this matter when I finally after so long came across this forum.

Look through some threads by @builttodominate and @Grind22 really inspired me and thus that is how i ended with this thread.

anyway i hope to learn from all of you and be as successful as all of you.

cheers!

p.s that is not me in the DP :tongue:

Welcome to the forum. It's a shame you didn't find us before wasting time and money on some of that other nonsense, but you're here now so what's what counts!

Hi aviators, great to see you!
Keep us updated on your progress! :cool:

Welcome to the forum. It's a shame you didn't find us before wasting time and money on some of that other nonsense, but you're here now so what's what counts!

Thanks for welcoming me to the forum @Grind22 & @MetaData . Sadly I have burned more than $2k from them courses. Anyway I hope you guys can give your input on my "idea"
https://www.buildersociety.com/threads/what-do-you-guys-think-about-my-idea.778/

:tongue:

Been watching this forum for a few months now....fantastic content and community! I've signed up because one of my goals for 2015 was to do more networking. I don't like networking in the traditional way by going to these corny local events swapping business cards... I think BuSo is a much better place to start and I am looking forward to contribute. I always love these case studies and I want to start one myself soon here as well.

I've been in IM full-time for over 5 years now. Started with a simple affiliate website and built this out to a diverse portfolio. Had some money to invest when I started and used this to acquire quite a few websites through Flippa. Especially the first few years when websites were valued too low in general (imo), I've bought a lot. Have gathered quite a bit of knowledge in the field of website acquisition so if I can help anyone, just shoot me a message.

Lately I'm trying to focus more on a few of my most promising projects and let the rest run on autopilot. This is definitely a challenge for me, but it needs to be done.

Looking forward to beeing a member here!

Hello everyone, I'm new here, but not too new to IM. I've already read some cool stuff, looks like its going to be a good time. The green messagebox wants me to post in here, so yeah.

You're not new to IM but do you have experience? If so, what kind of sites are you building? What kind of monetization methods are you into? What have you been reading?

Back