Status
Not open for further replies.

The Engineer

Aegis Jaeger
Administrator
BuSo Pro
Digital Strategist
Degree
For two full years now lots of us Builders have been tracking our progress monthly here in the Garden.

Guess which members are seeing the most success?
The reason is is that finding and harnessing your peak performance is a process, not an event. You need to catalog all of your movements and correlate times and activities to find out how they affect you and your business.

Sometimes the work we doubled down on because we thought they were THE efforts that were red-lining the money meter were the goofiest moves we could have been making:
  • "Yeah, bro, I'm going to write 100 more articles!"
    • (meanwhile nothing gets traffic because I'm not promoting)
  • "Of course I'm posting all over social media, I need to build up my traffic source!"
    • (meanwhile I can't control the platform while my own suffers from lack of attention)
  • "I'll launch when my store has 200 mediocre products for a big first impression"
    • (instead of one perfected product to prove the concept and get cash flowing)
It's the easiest thing in the world to not see where we screw ourselves over if we aren't keeping track and posting for others to give insight and help hold us accountable.

That's why for two years now even the most elite marketers have been keeping track of their goals and accomplishments with annual goals broken into monthly chunks:

If you haven't been analyzing the data of your life, there's no better time to start than today...

ZXcE5xz.png

2017: Renewal, Coordination, Execution - YOUR Year

The reality nobody likes to face is that time is constantly slipping away. Each day that passes where we don't see our goals clearly and have a S.M.A.R.T. action plan that allows us to persevere even when motivation wanes is a day wasted.

Your success is determined by the compounding results of the actions you took yesterday, are determined to take today, and will take tomorrow. Map out your game plan and get feedback. 2017 can be your year, the year you break free. Keep your reasons for winning in mind and join us monthly in making sure you're moving towards completion:
If you were a part of this in the past years, make sure you review your annual goals for the past couple of years before slapping any down here. Let's get it right so we can think less and do more!

- Make $20 000
- 100k Instagram followers
- Hit 1 million page views
- Get my body fat to 10% and maintain
- Get my drivers license

- Raise gross revenue by 50%
- Get Master's Degree
- Develop and Launch Course
- Ski in the Alps, Dive in the Mediterranean, Stand on the Rock of Gibralter.
- Increase investing to 15% of revenue.

• 5 figure profit a month by the end of the year.
  • As a minimum, have a team taking care of content creation and promotion. Outsourced all major processes so I'm no longer the bottleneck in the company and can go on holidays for 2 weeks.
  • Join my wife in Japan for 2 weeks in September for a holiday before she starts her 1 year student exchange there.
  • Have my health back on track. Consistently training once again and remaining healthy.

• Launch "The" business ( secret stuff, cant devulge bc of the copycats )
  • Lunch/dinner with CCarter, maybe have some SERPWoo members join us this year.
  • Incorp. an offshore IBC/LLC and offshore bank account ( as an American ). Prob gonna set up a call with Bobby Casey or one of those other nomad/wealth people to find out more.
  • Have vacation off the mainland US. Maybe even use my passport before it expires.
  • Drop 50 lbs - I did this last year, will do again.
  • Get some talks ready and schedule 2018 presentations at shows like AdTech, LeadsCon, A4D, and ASW/E

I'm listing one over-arching goal per current project:
  • Take main project to at least $10,000 per month revenue through massive reinvesting.
  • Spend some cash to rank the site I made for the sole intention of flipping.
  • "Finish" and rank the JV site and decide if we flip or keep it.
  • Take on attractive web design projects for the cash to reinvest unless cash flow from sites outpace the earnings.
  • Lose weight by June for a beach trip already scheduled. Get my diet in order and increase cardio.

• Increase income by at least 25% from 2016.
  • Reinvest at least 10% of earnings back into the business.

Goal for 2017

- Increase personal income by 300%
- Increase revenue for SAAS #1 by 200%
- Generate revenue SAAS #2 equal to SAAS #1 Year 1
- Get new revenue source up and running
- Re-read @Savtrn's Stop fucking around. once a month.
- Do my affirmations twice a day

2017 Overall Goals
-Increase business revenue YOY by 25%
-Have secondary project running
-Personal revenue increased by 150%
-Become fluent in Spanish
-Hit a 1700 total (615 squat / 400 bench / 685 deadlift)

January 2017 Goals
-Close consulting deal with client
-Meet with business owner for investment and product opportunity
-Regain growth for company lost via negative SEO attacks
-2 Press Releases

· Being able to make an "We built and established our own IM automation brand" AMA before end of December
· Multiplying net earnings by 200% before end of December
· 2X weekly dedication to Aikido training by August the 15th

Alright I got some goals for this year
  1. Loose any weight gained at the when I quite nicotine, day 26 in the writing moment. Gained 5kg so far.
  2. Grow sales team to 20 man team 4 at the moment
  3. Do first $1M Gross.
  4. Start my own brand of products in the niche I'm in right now.

Business goals:

- Become a well known SEO/Internet Marketer so I can sell my services and products.
- Build lists in several I.M. sub-niches (like SEO, social media, etc ...) and start killin' with the affiliate marketing (no spam though)
- Release a few webinars and paid courses.

Personal goals:

- Travel to 12 countries (for lindy hop/dancing purposes ... oh and sight-seeing, obviously)
- Become a very well known lindy hop blogger and vlogger (youtuber) worldwide (not just London)
- Lose excess weight (I got a few pounds that I could give away, pm me to claim yours)

2017 Goals
- Launch new product for new publishing business created in 11/16. Scale to min $20k/mo.
- Triple size of agency. Did this in 2016, plan to do it again.
- Move agency headquarters to NAS (already in progress, fly down 2/8 to finalize paperwork).
- Drop 20 lbs before 4th of july trip already booked.
- Wife pregnant between 11/1 and 12/31 (before end of year).
- Purchase 2 more investment properties
- Continue active management of stock portfolio; https://www.screencast.com/t/CZi1L3SSL
- Continue monthly cashflow accumulation; https://www.screencast.com/t/KoIuVrNRRni

Q1 Goals
- Launch lead magnet for new publishing product to dial in messaging / market fit
- Get back to running min 10 miles/week
- Gracefully exit current Ecomm
- Launch private paid slack channel to open up market on member site
- Rebuild personal site (again)
- Fold blog into agency site, separate all products to stand-alones

January Goals (1 week left)
- Finalize sale of Aston
- Shoot 2 more videos for membership group
- Place in local chili cook-off (this Saturday)

• Flip my first site for at least $20k
  • Clear all my debts
  • Use what's left (10k) to invest in my new website
  • Get my new website earning at least $2k per month
  • Not get a 'real' job
If I were to make these goals 2 years ago I would have thought I was crazy, but the real crazy thing is these goals are now achievable for me.

- $100M in my bank account.
- 1000x brand profit 2016 vs 2017.
- Move to a new city. (30 days of travel to pick out a new place while working. Not a vacation.)
- Build something that takes most people 30 years to pay off, by the end of 2017. Early, far ahead of goal schedule. PAID in full when ground breaks.
- Move from the serp shadows to the speaker spotlight to command the world's attention.
- Complete recording studio. Audio/video gear ordered. Software all setup.

Goal for 2017

- Increase personal income by 300% Done
- Increase revenue for SAAS #1 by 200% Got close but busy with a lot of legacy technical debt
- Generate revenue SAAS #2 equal to SAAS #1 Year 1 Decided to hold off until we hit a certain mark with SAAS #1
- Get new revenue source up and running Done
- Re-read @Savtrn's Stop fucking around. once a month. Once a week - reminders helped
- Do my affirmations twice a day Got it done at least once a day

Overall a good year but I could have hustled a lot harder. A lot of time was spent on Legacy Technical debt and new obstacles that popped up. The good news is the technical debt is almost paid off due to the re-coding that started with C language in the middle of the year. I give this year a C+.

• Take main project to at least $10,000 per month revenue through massive reinvesting. FAIL
Didn't make it to $10k a month. But I must say, it was real nice to weather a ton of storms and not have to sweat it, from commission rates getting slashed to countless algorithm shifts. Some I coasted through, some hit me and I made up the loss, some hit me and time healed the wound. But it feels good to not fear the changes. I hope to bust the $10k mark this year.

• Spend some cash to rank the site I made for the sole intention of flipping. SUCCESS
This site... I did what I said I would and it earned the investment back and immediately the pay-per-call offer was paused. My affiliate manager said she had other offers but damn if I can't get her to actually tell me what they are or get me set up for them. I'm pretty much done with that network due to her behavior. It's a sign of bad things behind the scenes, I think. So I'm just letting this site sit. It'll likely never get sold. It was a bad niche decision from the get-go, but I think I'll try again this year with a better choice.

• "Finish" and rank the JV site and decide if we flip or keep it. SUCCESS
We pulled this off for the most part. It's been a nightmare of a ride with Google. We definitely got it earning again, reinvested some, and waited to see what happened with the new links and then got distracted. But it's been some nice extra cashflow. I suppose we need to talk about the "flip or keep" part. Keeping a pay-per-call offer on there that stays live has been a nightmare, but the CPA aspect is going great.

• Take on attractive web design projects for the cash to reinvest unless cash flow from sites outpace the earnings. SUCCESS
I did exactly this. I designed some sites until my main project outpaced the earnings from designing. I may turn back towards this at some point, because I could then use 100% of the funds to throw at my projects. Since my earnings from my main project is essentially passive, I could nearly double my income for huge reinvestments. We'll see, but it was a success.

• Lose weight by June for a beach trip already scheduled. Get my diet in order and increase cardio. FAIL
Nope. Still right where I was, no better or worse off. I've got to rehab my shoulders and get back into a lifting routine and get some cardio going. It wasn't really business related so I'm not surprised I backburner'd it.

• Flip my first site for at least $20k - Success
  • Clear all my debts - Success
  • Use what's left (10k) to invest in my new website - Fail, I grossly underestimated how long the money from my site flip would last and how much I needed for day to day living. I won't be making that mistake again!
  • Get my new website earning at least $2k per month - Success, just scraped it in November but just below for December. I expect this is normal and earnings will increase again in January.
  • Not get a 'real' job - Success
Overall, a very successful first full year of being full-time self-employed!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back