Status
Not open for further replies.

The Engineer

Aegis Jaeger
Administrator
BuSo Pro
Digital Strategist
Degree
Many Builders catalogued their amazing progress in the overarching 2015 Goals Thread. We then broke our large goals down into actionable pieces during each month. If you were a participant, you can follow the link above to review your year, and please tell us in the main 2015 thread which goals were met and which were abandoned or still need a bit of work in 2016.

2016: Three Hundred and Sixty Five Days of Domination
Every passing day is another chance to manifest the life you want for yourself. Although we're largely focused on business oriented goals, there's no reason to not include some weightlifting, dieting, or other objectives as well. Growth in each area supports growth in all others.

Feel free to track your big year-long goals here, and then you can break it down per month in the following threads as they appear:
Reflect on 2015 and let us know what your next big targets are!

Last edited by a moderator:
Goals for 2016:
  • Sell two BIG sites before December
  • Build two BIG sites by the end of December
  • Find one BuSo member to partner with and build a product together. Make it "ready for sale" by the end of December.
*BIG is clearly quantified by me.

Goals this year (2016)
  • Launch v4 of music related project. Wrapping things up now and this should be out by end of Feb
  • Offer Linux Sysadmin services to marketers. Services would include full stack setup (LAMP, Ruby on Rails, Django, etc), hardening, troubleshooting and general consulting
  • Partner with one or more builders that specialize in UI/UX design. I excel at back-end programming/development and would be a good fit for those that are more into the visual end of things
  • Do all I can to ensure there won't be a repeat of 2015

1. Make at least 50k in pure profit. (it may not seem like a lot for those who come from the western countries, but here in eastern europe that's twice as the president makes per year)

The plan is to work on my current project, so I can sell it off on June. I want to make this to around 2k per month website. And then I think I should be able to sell it for at least 25 - 30k. (if I'm way off with my calculations please correct me)​

2. Start working on a different website in summer.

Now right now I'm in a viral niche and as far as I can see it, ads is the only way to make money. You could off-course try to sell some products, but I think it will be more efficient to work on a website that has more revenue generating channels. And I already have a niche where I think I could go in. (this is probably the project that I could ride until the wheels fall off as @Janiform so kindly stated in my journey thread)​

3. Stop consuming so much alcohol and start eating more healthy.

I know this is kinda of a vague goal, but I realized that at one point at this year I started drinking a lot. Like every Friday and Saturday I got totally drunk. I still don't know why I do that, my guess would be to escape the reality, but fuck, I gotta work on it. Feels like cleaning up after a tornado.

I made enough cash in 2015 that I could make zero dollars this year and not change my standard of living until 2017. That's not a brag, because my standard of living is quite low in my mind for "a boss." I say this in order to say that I have 12 months to not be stressed about money. The focus will be on risk, abundance, and absolutely slaying it.
  1. Take my Surrender & Supremacy site to $10k a month in profit by year's end through methodical, laser focused rankings along with all around traffic growth. This is my main focus.
  2. Continue to contribute to Builder Society to the best of my ability for the sake of all of us. We have a great "Give & Receive" focus of free sharing that can skyrocket us all into riches if we don't lose focus on community.
  3. I've been a gym rat my whole life. I locked in a gym and cardio schedule in 2015 that helped me build mass and lose fat. I'm locking in the diet now with healthy options and food prep (got a crockpot!). I want to move from "good shape" to "very good shape" and have a relationship with exercise and food that maintains that health without effort.
  4. I've got a formula for easy to build MFA's now. I will eventually tap out this set of keywords and leave the industry. I'm not going to compete against my own old sites I've flipped. But in the meantime, I might as well build and flip while it's easy and I have a blueprint. I've started one small site for this with a case study. I want to flip it by the end of the year as a nice bonus and cash injection into other projects. Or use it to buy myself a newer car in cash if that becomes critical.
That's it. Four seemingly simple goals. Here's to achievement! *toast*

Welcome to 2016 :smile: This list will be growing a bit, but currently these are the major goals I want to accomplish over the next year.

• Learn and Master After Effects for Videos
  • Sell current project for 7 figures
  • Learn Swift and create an app
  • Add 2-3 personal high paying clients for consultant work

• Work full time on IM between personal projects and client work.
    • This means not falling back to my old means of income because its 'easy'.
  • $5000/mo from my Crash Course Project by years end.
    • Scares me to write that.
  • Maintain or improve my current happiness and health.
    • I have the habit of letting things get way too bad before making a change for the better. Trying to keep the swings back and forth smaller with a positive trend rather than large swings with a ? trend.
Hoping everyone hits their goals and beyond this year.

To post in this thread next year!

OK Fuck it.

1) Get my dating project of off the ground. I have spoken to a full stack programmer I know and he is interested.

2) Flip two of my Viral Sites by improving the overall experience and adding more bells and whistles for at least 30 K each. Need to work on Pinterest, Snapchat and Instagram. Dominating FB already.

3) Learn to How make Android Apps. Will take an Udemy or Coursera course. I have an engineering background and I used to write C programs 15 years back, so I might as well put it to good use.

4) Start learning a new Language. French on Duolingo

5) Start working on a Travel Site idea that I abandoned few years back.

6) And lastly, if God willing and Injury free, 4 Plate squat. And also to cut down Gym Training to 3/4 times a week. I now spend a couple or more hours 6 days a week. Crucial hour as I workout in the Morning, and I usually am a Morning person.

@Ryuzaki Do you have case study for the MFA blueprint? Has it been shared, or if not, will you be sharing it. I have a bunch of good domains that I registered for multiple years. Maybe I will flip them if there is proven blueprint.

Excerpt of my 2016 Goals
- Finish a project in a new programming language
- Publish a technical book
- Read 4 technical books

My goals for 2016:
- To take control over my own chaos. I have to find balance between side money making projects, and my main project.
- Till December 24th 2016 my brand have to have recognizable position on the market (not huge, but it must become to them at least like: "OK, that's GREAT . I got all the info from this site, but let's just quickly check what ............. have to say about this")
- Want to help at least 1000 people make their life better, healthier. That's not easy to measure but hopefully I will get enough positive feedback to somehow judge the progress.
- Get a small team of people who will want to participate in this vision. I was neglecting for too long importance of other people. I can't do everything by myself, I'm not a superhuman.

2016 goal:

- $1500 per month from my first project by the end of the year

- Start another one

These don't feel like unreasonable goals.

Chopping out the goals that don't mention left me with two:

Take my Surrender & Supremacy site to $10k a month in profit by year's end through methodical, laser focused rankings along with all around traffic growth. This is my main focus.

I didn't get there, but am close. I have no doubt that I can push this project there before the first half of the year is up. I'd love to see it hit $15k or $25k before the end of next year. I'm at the point where I'll be reinvesting quite a bit into it now that it's earning well. Things will ramp up fast at this stage in the game.

I've got a formula for easy to build MFA's now. I will eventually tap out this set of keywords and leave the industry. I'm not going to compete against my own old sites I've flipped. But in the meantime, I might as well build and flip while it's easy and I have a blueprint. I've started one small site for this with a case study. I want to flip it by the end of the year as a nice bonus and cash injection into other projects. Or use it to buy myself a newer car in cash if that becomes critical.

The first site is completely done, has links, and is aging. It's ranking okay but not first page for anything yet. It needs links and I'm not about to grind it out on my time, so its been waiting for me to throw money at it. I'll be doing that in Q1 2017. I think once I offload it I won't be starting another one. It hasn't been high priority at all. It'll be nice cash to reinvest and upgrade some life things like the car I mentioned. But my real projects are doing far too good to get distracted by these one-offs.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back