Goals for February 2017

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ryuzaki

お前はもう死んでいる
BuSo Pro
Digital Strategist
Degree
The first month of the year came and went FAST.

Hopefully you aren't resting on your laurels, riding off the high of the holiday earnings. They aren't real. They are illusory. You want to know how you're REALLY doing? January tells you. All the money has been spent and you're now looking at your raw, non-inflated earnings. Do you like what you see? Did you even bother to look? Because that's what you're going to get until November unless you get your ass in gear RIGHT NOW.

If you busted ass in January, I commend you. If you came into the new year on fire, looking forward to 10 months of grind time to see if you can beat the last holiday's record, you're a champion. If you're sitting around in your PJ's playing with Christmas presents and taking it easy, you're an idiot and deserve to fail, because things change fast. You stay engaged or you get left behind. And that's just to keep up, let alone get ahead.

giphy.gif

It's February. Go back and review January. Now... What are you going to do this month to achieve your dreams?

I kicked January's ass, and it kicked mine right back. Here's what's on my radar for Feb:
  • Handle the end of the 30 day monetization pause on my main project with a logical, long term approach and make the best decisions I can without emotion playing a role.
  • Do 4 pillar posts on my authority site 2 project by doing keyword and competitor research.
  • Spend my first dollars ever on outsourced content.
  • Build new links 5 days a week or more.
  • Continue to explore and learn new topics by reading all the posts in the crash course.

My Goals for Feb
Affiliate Marketing Project
  • Atleast 20 new articles
  • Mini-book to increase my email list sign-up rate
  • Get Social Accounts up and running
  • Begin Outreach
SaaS Project
  • Start Customer development on 2 ideas.
  • Select the more promising one and outline the strategy for further development.
Reading List
  • The Lean Startup by Eric Ries
  • Digital Strategy Crash Course (Reread)

Got my butt kicked in so many ways in Jan. Outside of building and during building. Been averaging less than 3 hours of sleep per night. Largest income I've had and it really reminded me I need to be 100% focused on making money. Not just blindly building as fucking hard as I can. My goals for this month are to do everything with profit in mind, no spinning my wheels. Literally, I'm going to worry about the specifics day by day, with pen and paper and my 'on track thread,' and broad picture just focus on what will bring in $. In order to do this I'm also going to need to take breaks to orient myself.

Main Project:
  • Content out the whazoo.
  • Continue getting content out of my expert I signed on.
  • Get some non-expert stuff from WordAgents.
  • Publish like a mad man. Top priority.
Quick Flip:
  • Get these new links in I ordered and get them indexed.
  • Find another package I can use safely that won't screw over a future buyer.
JV Project:
  • Get signed up to some new offers.
  • Order 2 large pieces of content.
  • Format and publish.
  • Hopefully aim a link or two at each one.
Karma Coming Back to Bite Me:
  • About 2 or 3 years ago I promised someone I'd build them a site if they ever finished writing their book (it was obvious at the time it wasn't going to happen). This bastard wrote 7 entire books and a commentary book on the series and is trying to get the first one published so marketing can start... which means I'll be smashing out a quick static site. Drives me nuts since I just wrote off web design for other people. He wants to pay me something so it's whatever. I can likely get this done in a day or two with Lightning as the base.

The fire is back.

Feb Project Goals:
  • 10 x "Best XYZ" articles published
  • 1 x "Top 50 ABC Blogs" article published
  • 50 x Outreach emails sent.

Better late than never with this one. I hesitated because I was going through a transition and I didn't have a clear idea what is next. Whilst it still isn't crystal clear, I now have a general direction.

Goals for Feb:
  • Line up a minimum of $2000 income for the month of March for the locksmith site
  • Look into what is needed to successfully flip the locksmith site.
    • Have set up a clear action plan and taken at least 1 action.
  • Have eased into my new role.
  • Start creating the foundation for my next online venture.
    • Have completed all actions specified in Day 1 and Day 2 of the crash course and ready to sink my teeth into some solid market research and planning in march.

Coming in late on this because I've been out of commission with personal issues and then another project which demanded my attention to finish. Overall the first 10 days have been volatile to say the least.
Goals for myself:
  • Publish 30 articles for around 20,000 - 30,000 words (all written by myself)
  • Outreach to 200 people with infographics
  • Tidy up the existing content which I've been meaning to get to
  • Plan out the next sub-section of the industry I want to focus on
  • Complete short consulting gig
The consulting is for a large financial firm and would pay extremely well, just have to see if I can fit it in with a tight schedule for one week this month. I will pursue it if I can but I'm not going to halt other tasks for it. The momentum cannot stop.

There's a life changing opportunity I have available too, I need to spend time thinking about whether it's the right decision for me. More on this next month.

Main Project:
  • Continue getting content out of my expert I signed on. - HAPPENING
  • Get some non-expert stuff from WordAgents. - ordering today
  • Publish like a mad man. Top priority. - KIND OF DONE - lots of content coming in now, but not tons published yet.
Quick Flip:
  • Get these new links in I ordered and get them indexed. - DONE
  • Find another package I can use safely that won't screw over a future buyer. - DONE
JV Project:
  • Get signed up to some new offers. - DONE
  • Order 2 large pieces of content. - DONE
  • Format and publish. - DONE
  • Hopefully aim a link or two at each one. - not time yet, some kinks to iron out
Karma Coming Back to Bite Me:
  • About 2 or 3 years ago I promised someone I'd build them a site... - 95% DONE
_________

I must say, despite me trying to close all of these other open loops, I still managed to stay on track. I'm very pleased. March will see loops close and top level focus on the Main Project with some outsourcing done on the other two. I'll accept no new offers, I don't care how attractive, how fast I can do them, what money I can make to reinvest. None of that matters if I don't have time to manage my current projects. That's where I'm at and staying now.

Goals for Feb:
  • Line up a minimum of $2000 income for the month of March for the locksmith site - Nope. Got halfway.
  • Look into what is needed to successfully flip the locksmith site. - yep
    • Have set up a clear action plan and taken at least 1 action. - yep
  • Have eased into my new role. - yep.
  • Start creating the foundation for my next online venture.
    • Have completed all actions specified in Day 1 and Day 2 of the crash course and ready to sink my teeth into some solid market research and planning in march. - I would say I'm halfway through Day 2. Selecting the niche involves some deep market research in a select number of niches I'm looking at.

My Goals for Feb
Affiliate Marketing Project
  • Atleast 20 new articles - Failed (only 10)
  • Mini-book to increase my email list sign-up rate - Failed, still writing it
  • Get Social Accounts up and running - Done
  • Begin Outreach - None
SaaS Project
  • Start Customer development on 2 ideas. Only on 1
  • Select the more promising one and outline the strategy for further development. Done
Reading List
  • The Lean Startup by Eric Ries No, but started another book
  • Digital Strategy Crash Course (Reread) Yup, its my go to course whenever I feel lost. start working on applying it as much as possible
In hindsight, I think I made unrealistic goals on my MFA site. I need to focus/prioritize it otherwise it will lead nowhere.

I had a single goal in February, forgot to post it, been in the trenches for too long:

February Goals:

Personal

- Exit Condo - Done

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back