Facebook Marketing - Buso Tactics, Testing, Discussions

Degree
Sup everyone? Thought I’d start a thread specifically on Facebook marketing and share experience, tactics etc. My goal is to hit a $100+/Day from FB alone, before pulling traffic a different platform. Please share you experiences and buso tactics on Facebook so we can pick each others brains.

For noobs/semi-noobs starting out, I'd read these sections before-hand or in reference with. And obviously finish orientation and digital crash course first.

Traffic Leaks
Polarizing Content
Art Of Commenting
Creating Compelling Content
Social Supremacy
Social Media Beast
Audience Psychology

Facebook study notes: Please modify or change the notes you see fit or add to it. And share if you can please.​

Main Profile Building: Build the main profile into an authoritative profile and gain groupies along the way. Post on your wall on your niche. Post off topic stuff too like a regular human being. Admins/mods/group members do check out your profile and timeline! Add Admins and mods in groups and like minded people to your friends list.

Use your real or create a fake persona, but make it look legit. Growing your main profile is number 1 priority. Connect with people. All about human connections and interactions, community growth. I talk to a few on the phone (You don't have to, that's just me. Just chatting online with them is fine if you want to remain anonymous)

Facebook Reach: (Edgerank High Reach Factors)
  • High Post Engagement (reactions, shares, comments) on GREAT posts, do NOT settle for good.
  • Moderate Daily activity (posting frequency + replying/commenting on other posts)
  • High Amount of Followers/Fans/Friends on your list (Note: if your posts are shitty having a high amount of followers etc. It won't matter and your reach will die and almost impossible to recover. I've seen pages with over million likes and no reach, while other millon liked pages had killer reach.)
  • Good Posting Time (Posting at optimal times won't necessarily result in high reach, but for the most part it will, play around with it.) I've posted the same exact post at different times. One had a low reach and the other had a high reach. Tested this 5 times.
Things To Note: Make sure you take everything else in consideration and combine Profile Building + the 4 factors.

Facebook Pages

Growing your FB page:
Stick with one page at first don't do too much.

Paid (ADS):
  • Boosting posts. Target high cheap english speaking counties (new dehli, phillpines etc) The Cost Per Engagement is cheap. The more likes you get the more reach you'll get(as long as your posts are great!).
  • Start getting 30 to 50 likes a day then Snowballs effect kicks in to 50 to 100 a day, 100 to 200 a day, 300 a day etc. I got 280 a day in 2 days, and my page had only a 1000 likes(before just getting 5-12 likes a week. Still experimenting. Spent only 3 bucks for a 250 likes on my first boost(the number of likes will go up from the snowball effect)
  • After that, then target norway, UK, USA, other highly english speaking countries etc. (I haven't gone to this part yet, but I will)
  • Page promotion itself cost too much, not paying 10-20 cents for one silly like(for me at least, let me know if you have any luck).
  • Invite all the people who react to your post. 450 is the daily limit of any invites. Anymore the the feature will get disabled for 24 hours. Any further abuse will result in further consequences.
  • Reply with emotion inducing in mind. (Can be something helpful/thoughtful or a funny GIF/Image etc).
  • Make sure you add a facebook group link to your CTA button on your FB page (you can do your website but i would rather focus on growing my group and gain more access to more people when I make a post from my website)

Organic (No ADS):

Invite your friends
: make sure you make a good enticing message instead of the generic FB "Hi i'm inviting you to like my page". Add personality. "SUP my Fam!"

• Page2group: Get moderately-highly active in the group(but not obnoxiously or spamming with comments etc.), mingle with members,admins,mods, build trust, then start sharing from your page, when you feel the time is right(could be a week or 2) Invite everyone reacted to like your page. Make sure you make an enticing message instead
  • Page2page: Find 100's of pages in your niche,sister niche, vertical etc. and comment early on posts that are getting high engagements with images(if not allowed use a compelling quote) relevant to that post. Invite anyone who reacted to them Use FB inviter chrome extension to auto invite people. Click the reaction and click "all" reactions, then invite.
  • Page2blog: Find FB comment enabled blog comments(highly active articles) and comment as your page. Invite any of them who liked your comment.

FB Groups
  • Get active in other groups and get active and trusted(your niche, sister niches, vertical etc.) Start sharing from your group, but don't spam it.
  • Invite everyone on you friends list. (make sure you got like 50 posts prior ready to go. Make sure the group is fully created, full description before you get posting and inviting. )
  • Create Public group: Because that share button is there and increase your reach big time. If its an embarrasing niche,there's ways around that(read social media beast)
  • Invite admins/mods of other groups and give them admin/mod powers after you get about 1k people to your group.
  • Page2group: post from your page to your goup to help boost group reach.
  • Go to youtube , reddit, pin and start sharing cross platforming channels. Hit up 100's of youtube channels and leak your group(don't spam 100's at a time on youtube.)
Things To Note:
1) Pages with high engagement/reach
can help boost the reach of groups with really low reach.
2) The amount of friends/followers a certain member has in that group is going to effect the reach as well.

That's it guys, if you got anything to add,modify etc. feel free. Will keep this updated time to time.

Last edited:
Target high cheap english speaking counties (new dehli, phillpines etc)

This might cause a problem down the road with your revenue. For example if you have a huge audience from India or the Philippines - monetization might be a problem if your audiences consists of this audience but your product/service you are selling only caters to USA and Canada.

The core audience is critical since they will also be engaging with your other audience members. Now if your end product/service you are selling happens to be international you are good. But it is something to think about very early on. I made mistakes like this in the past where having a huge audience from 3rd world countries ended up meaning nothing since they didn't buy the product or service I wanted to push cause it was overpriced in their minds, but a mostly USA audience would have eaten it up.

Big A, my man, you seem to be one of the Facebook Group experts here, so let me ask you a question . . .

I have a red-hot group in a red-hot lifestyle industry. This industry encompasses dozens (if not hundreds) of items. I have an affiliate site reviewing these items.

Here's what I need to know . . .

What's the best way to showcase my entire site (meaning individual pages) to my group? Basically, I want like an inventory of the products I'm promoting, so if a member of the group is looking for something in particular, they can find it and hop on over to the corresponding page.

The best way I know of would be to create a single post with all of the product titles and links in it. Do you know of a more sophisticated setup?

Thanks.

Here's what I need to know . . .

What's the best way to showcase my entire site (meaning individual pages) to my group? Basically, I want like an inventory of the products I'm promoting, so if a member of the group is looking for something in particular, they can find it and hop on over to the corresponding page.

Facebook has features where you can categorize your group posts by topic. I personally don't see any value in them as far as branding or making money because I don't see people using them. They just introduced "keyword alert" recently last week, but again I really think there is no value or going to be any value for now, maybe in the future, but I doubt it. Wait and see.

This might cause a problem down the road with your revenue. For example if you have a huge audience from India or the Philippines - monetization might be a problem if your audiences consists of this audience but your product/service you are selling only caters to USA and Canada.

True, but I figured the page has about nearly 5-10k fans, it will increase in reach after running the later USA campaigns = increase in reach for only like 10 bucks. And also I post in groups with my page(invite people who reacted) that get USA/European targeted people so it's not just indians that like my page. I have personal ADs on and services/products in my niche are international.

Mini Update

Things To Note

FB groups:
You will find admins/mods in the same vertical or niche that don't like each other. Try to be the neutral stand. Sometimes that won't be the case and you, take the winning side(most you'll bank from).

FB Group Reach: Fb group reach is tougher than pages. Because groups is a community of people posting whereas pages is not( For pages you're not competing for reach in the community, only for the newsfeed of your fans). So for groups, it's best to keep posting 3 or 5 or more times a day depending in the group you're in.

Trying to get admin/mod position by asking:

Ask if they need help:
After friending and mingling with mods/admins for a month and being group active, msg them and ask if them if they have open volunteering mod/admin position.
"What's up mike? I noticed some admins or mods aren't so active in your group, would you like help modding, getting rid of spam etc.?

Watermark a meme with their FB group URL: This is something I was thinking of doing to get attention of the mods/admin. Then maybe asking if they have positions available. I'm going to try it with this big group i'm in.

Page invitation The member request limit is 490, according but I've also heard 1000 is the limit. I don't want to try again because the first time I got caught inviting 2k at once. Anyone willing to test out a 1000?

My Plan Of Action To Get To A $100/Daily
14 groups and 3 pages
I'm currently active on .

Get my pages tons of likes. one page(my branded page) to a million likes, 2nd page to 100k, and the 3rd. page to 10k.

5 new groups I just started mingling in the past 2 weeks. I'm trying to get admin/mod position. Some of the groups I'm in are a 100K and some 3k.

I figured posting 2-3 times a day from site will get me close to it. I realize I'm going to need some help writing too to get there.

It really also depends on the post. some psts can make a lot of loot. My buddy on FB showed me his gf made 1500 dollar from one affiliate post.

Again, it all depends on the niche and type of approach of monetizing and the type of site you have. Big variables.

But for my niche it'll take more content creation. Most I made from one FB post was 10 bucks I believe. Think that was last year lol. Highly targeted traffic and it was only like 40 people.

So my estimate to a 100 a day is So with 14 groups, 3 pages optimized fully and posting 2-3 times a day from my site. Right now it's crumbs to more crumbs.

Last edited:
Quick Update
Something is up with the Facebook algo. Is anyone else notice a drop in their group reach? It's pretty freaking annoying. My reach in 2 of my groups was massive and probably enough to make some decent cash flow. All of a sudden this shit dropped out of nowhere.

Here are my recent findings:

Pages don't seem affected (This of course makes sense a lot since your page wall is only posted by you, groups are posted by many, but still should be getting high group reach if i was getting it before).

Some of my group post still get high reach not as much, near 100+ but not 400+. Even low reaching posts, it would still get 80 to 150 reactions. And reach is slower seems to be working much slower, even on the high reaching ones. Some posts even hitting only 10-20 reactions.

It seems that other members admins and mods get low reach too sometimes.

Reasons:
1- Edgerank anomalies effecting the reach of certain profiles in the group? Even posting at the same time it seems that ederanks gives big time reach to others. Some profiles have a few post recently hitting low reach now in the past 3-4 days as dec 4, 2019. While others still remain at high reach with almost each post.

2- Bad posting time for me? Sometimes even good posting times get bad reach(how often though rare?). Or has the best post timing slots changed? Adapt change for the month?

3- FB Algo changed and third party publishing tools limiting group reach? Pages reach isn't effected. Still testing. Some third party posts are still getting decent reach though. Not as high as before. For jarvee I don't think they can tell, it uses their own browser.

4- Saturation. This could very well be a part of it. Sometimes not the case but if there passes a certain threshold it could effect the reach. In this case need to post when everyone's asleep. Saturation does not apply so much if the group has a high average group reach.

Steps To Take:
  • Try uploading it directly and posting in those groups instead of jarvee, see what happens.
  • post 3-5 max times daily from now on then. Use different time slots, note the high reaching ones.
  • Find when people reacted at that time of the post for the week then post the same time when people reacted the most.
  • Post at high and low popular times 2x each.
  • post exactly around 5-15 minutes apart from a members post getting high reach.

Where my FB Marketers AT? Anyone else noticed this?? If you have other solutions please share!

Last edited:
I just found this interesting article. This however pertains to pages. But if there was an algo change, then I'm sure groups are affected by this change, depending on the possible reasons above.

"Facebook’s December News Feed algorithm change is so far punishing brand pages, regardless of how interested fans are in that page’s content, according to a new analysis by Ignite Social Media. Ignite analysts reviewed 689 posts across 21 brand pages (all of significant size, across a variety of industries) and found that, in the week since December 1, organic reach and organic reach percentage have each declined by 44% on average, with some pages seeing declines as high as 88%. Only one page in the analysis had improved reach, which came in at 5.6%.

As reach declined, the raw number of engaged users plunged as well, falling on average by 35%. Some pages saw engaged users fall as much as 76%. Only one page in the data set had an increase in the number of engaged users, coming in at 0.7%.

For the analysis, we excluded pages that were in the midst of instituting any significant changes to their content strategy that could impact performance."

fb-reach-data.png

Source: https://www.ignitesocialmedia.com/facebook-marketing/facebook-brand-pages-suffer-44-decline-reach-since-december-1

Last edited:
I'd assume, just knowing the motivations of Facebook, that they're algorithm is being increasingly tweaked to reduce the reach of anything that risks sending a user off platform. It's been that way for a long time and people are like frogs slowly boiling in a pot, not caring because the temperature increase is so gradual.

Mark Cuban pulled all his companies off Facebook after they sold everyone Page Fans through their advertising and then destroyed the reach. I'm not even sure how that was legal to be honest.

One thing you may consider testing is their Instant Articles feature, like Google's AMP, where they don't actually leave the platform. I'm not sure if you can still show ads but affiliate links should still work, I'd assume.

That's just it @Ryuzaki. It's not even outbound links to my site! In-house posts.

A few were links to my site and they got pretty good reach. I"m learning in my niche ads is the way to go. Better than amazon. Amazon is crap in my niche with low paying products.

With Ads, there are services that pay better for my niche.

I remember you mentioning clickbank before, that might work, but right now I'm just focused on monetizing and mastering one revenue.

The funny thing is this isn't affecting my page.

My pages are doing really well! Groups are the problem as of recently.

I wanted to add to another step to take that I thought of.
  • Post all over your facebook groups all at once. This might kickstart edgerank to get some F'in reach. argggghh

Last edited:
Not sure if you've already mentioned the reason, but any particular reason you're not just buying fans for your pages? So much faster than posting in all those groups. Constantly split test the ads to drive the price down while targeting the most relevant users. If you occasionally post things that lead back to your site, then many of those new fans (which get an immediate boost in reach from FB) will go to your site making you money from your display ads. Those ads will help pay for your advertising on FB, thus, you get new fans for even cheaper yet. Study what they react to most, create more content for that, constantly honing in on exactly what they like. Eventually you'll get to a point where you can make many articles go viral every month because you know what triggers the fans. That's when things will tip and you'll start to earn a profit. And you'll get there 10x faster than what you're doing now and have a ton of data on your users and how to continually profit.

I spend money on boosted posts. The cost per way engagement is way too high to target, even in third world countries for page likes ad campaigns. I spend money on boosted posts and auto invite people to like find this way to build a page much faster and the average like count starts growing. Also group sharign those boosted posts. One organic way is by collaborating with someone. We both invited some of our friends and did page2group posts. We got a new page to 9k likes in 3 weeks, recently.

My pages are fine, they're aren't the problem. It's FB Groups. It's the in-house group posts that's the issue. It's an epidemic happening to a lot of people as i brought it to their attention because I take note of their reach etc.. Some msg'd me a few days later saying it's happening to them too. It's the edgerank virus. I caught it. And it's starting to happening to others now. I plan on reaching out and asking people to pay for a post(only people I know and mod/admin and engage with, no strangers, might get reported ban etc.)

Last edited:
FB Organic Group Reach Is Blasting Off Again

For a month, this edgerank virus has been affecting some users with no pattern to it. My reach is booming now along with others I'm noticing today. Did my 10 minute FB weekly check. Funny how organic reach is doing well now for certain users, but people are still having AD problems. Facebook's algo and AD system is an unpredictable ass-backwards tidal wave.

Anyways, take advantage now of fartrank. Right now I'm focused on youtube and pin, but luckily the content I'm creating for youtube is going on FB as well. Win/win.

Plus I have edited my jarvee posts and got a bunch on autopilot for jarvee, so I really don't need to spend a lot of time on FB. I'm pretty much established as an authority on FB.

Last edited:
"Reminder: Graph API v2.11 will be deprecated on Jan 28, 2020. Please use the API Upgrade Tool to understand how this might impact your app. For more details see the changelog "

"As part of our ongoing commitments to privacy and security, we are making updates to our platform. These updates include removing access to a number of APIs, updating our platform policies, and regularly evaluating an app's access to user permissions.

A list of APIs that will be removed from the platform can be found here. Please review this list to determine if your app is impacted. Existing apps using these APIs will no longer have access as of July 30, 2019. No new apps will have access to these APIs as of April 30, 2019.

Additionally, our Facebook Platform Policies are being updated to include provisions that apps with minimal utility, such as personality quizzes, may not be permitted on the platform. The update also clarifies that apps may not ask for data that doesn't enrich the in-app, user experience.

Also as of today, previously approved user permissions that your app has not used or accessed in the past 90 days may be considered expired. Access to expired permissions will be revoked. Going forward, we will periodically review, audit, and remove permissions that your app has not used. Developers can submit for App Review to re-gain access to expired permissions.

In the coming months, we will be releasing a more significant update to our policies. In response to developer feedback, we will be moving toward a more streamlined and straightforward experience for developers and eliminating the need for certain supplemental terms. We're committed to supporting our developers and providing resources for building on our platform."

April, 2019 - Source: https://developers.facebook.com/blog/post/2019/04/25/api-updates/

Back