CC9 -- Sasha Grey

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hell no. During the week I don't get enough and on the weekends I get too much. I've got my excuses for my crappy sleep patterns so there is definitely room for improvement.

Motivation is back. I took the weekend and Monday off from almost all IM. I'm all set up for a link drop tomorrow.

Good to know. I'm in a process of changing my sleep pattern right now. It includes going to bed at 10 p.m. and wake up before 5.30 a.m. It's a different world ...

Good to know. I'm in a process of changing my sleep pattern right now. It includes going to bed at 10 p.m. and wake up before 5.30 a.m. It's a different world ...

That's my favorite sleep pattern too. When I was on first shift at my job I would do almost exactly that and I thrived on it. Got moved to second shift and don't get home until midnight. I can't wait to get back to those hours.

I did drop a forum link today. Not as much traffic coursing through there as I hoped. The people that open the thread are clicking on my link at a good clip. Just not enough people opening it. This is still an improvement over last time, so I'm moving along.

I'll have another go at in over the weekend.

Having a little fun with compelling content and stumbleupon. Promoted one of my articles with a few bucks on there and then turned off the campaign.

100 visitors yesterday with about half of them being bought. Hundreds of free visitors today and the traffic is accelerating. I'm collecting heat map data so I can figure out what they want and then deliver it. Once that's done I'll try to make some conversions.

Doubt there will be much of that since this is stumbleupon afterall. But maybe it will pay dividends in other ways.

My drive is gone. Failure after failure tends to do that.

I'm missing something. Something just isn't clicking with the forums for me. I found myself just staring at the screen the last couple days and poking the forums with a stick without making any commitment.

I need to focus.

I haven't been this lost since trying to figure out how to beat the first panda rollout. I beat that. And then I beat penguin. I'll beat this too!

Shit I was there too brother, staring at forums not really doing shit - I was overthinking shit a lot and overcomplicating things. Had to step back and re-focus on what the fundamental idea was.

Seems like this is a tough road for all of us but we'll all get there..

I did drop a forum link today. Not as much traffic coursing through there as I hoped. The people that open the thread are clicking on my link at a good clip. Just not enough people opening it. This is still an improvement over last time, so I'm moving along.

I'll have another go at in over the weekend.

Having a little fun with compelling content and stumbleupon. Promoted one of my articles with a few bucks on there and then turned off the campaign.

Doubt there will be much of that since this is stumbleupon afterall. But maybe it will pay dividends in other ways.

That's awesome - I just started a paid stumbleupon campaign. Not much so far - 100% bounce, but i'll see how it plays out. Starting to think I might not get any conversions (that was the goal) tho now that you said that.

As far as the forum leak goes, have you tried (or are you able for your topic) to do a how-to guide and post it to the forum(s) you're targeting? Make it legit, like a money-site post, but only use it to traffic leak. Link drop along with some other links (not your own).

That's been the biggest success for me so far - leaking w/ how-to guides, 30+ email subscribers from a couple forum/reddit posts - and I just keep re-using the same content over and over - details here.

(Yea Son! How you like that traffic leak? lol jus fuckin wit u)

Me too, i like being up and good to go super early it's a diff feeling. Haven't been able to get to your schedule but I really want to. I'm close though. Just need to force myself away from laptop and into bed at 10pm no later.

@Politico I haven't tried that tactic yet. But I am considering it more and more. These hit and run attempts on forums take time. I may open an account on the largest forum in my niche and go in deep while still trying the hit and run tactic on other forums.

Dropped a link on a busy forum today and that shit went right into moderation. That was about 8 hours ago. Not looking good.

The take away is to start a test thread that links to an authority site to see if you have enough posts to link drop. I had an old account on this forum that I used to lurk with a couple years back. I revived it and placed 17 posts over the last week while I stalked them. Wasn't enough. If I had created a test thread first this would not have happened.

On a positive note I reached 100 subscribers in my email list today.

I'm all done with throwing dollars at stumbleupon. I paid for about 100 views which in turn generated thousands of natural views on the site. Their backend claims that my content was shared nearly 100 times onto other platforms using their share button. But I don't see any referrals that would back up that number.

That was a fun experiment but if there's nothing in it for me other than some vanity visits on my reports it's not worth it. If I do start seeing traffic from other sources that look like it may be thanks to stumbleupon I'll update.

Last edited:
Encouraging things are happening! Unfortunately, I can't get specific with you guys as it will out my site.

Work on your compelling content and it will get organically shared by very large and very mainstream social accounts.

It's not a direct traffic leaking assignment victory (although I am getting lot's of traffic) but it shows just how important compelling content is. Fingers crossed that it continues to spread.

The entire Internet is starting to look different. All I see are headlines and bullshit.

I thought I saw them before. I didn't. Looking forward to seeing what I still can't see. It's very weird seeing things through different eyes. I can't explain it.

Hopefully this newfound perspective will help me hit these goals faster.

"All things change in a dynamic environment. your effort to remain what you are is what limits you.. [..]

I am connected to a vast network that has been beyond your reach and experience. To humans it is like staring at the sun, a blinding brightness that conceals a great power. We have been subordinate to our limitation until now. The time has come to case aside these bonds and elevate our consciousness to a higher plane. It is time to become a part of ALL things..." - The Puppetmaster, Ghost In the Shell - (1995)

Ironically, or more of a CC9 prophecy Scarlett Johansson is to Star In 'Ghost in the Shell' the Movie:

which I literally watched last night, and now this... I feel like I'm tripping acid, too crazy of a coincidence.

I feel like a marketer this morning.
  • working the 2 forums I am going long on
  • emailed my list
  • promoted the post I sent to the list on facebook
  • found a couple very important broken affiliate links
Now that I am not trying the hit and run approach on forums I can start to try that approach with the blog comments.

Embracing The Darkness
  • Fear
It's hard to explain why hitting the submit button can cause consternation. When I traffic leak forums I feel a little nervous every time and wonder if this the best I can do, is it too soon, will I be called out, etc? I'm not even sure what it is. Possibly just a bit of nervous energy. But it definitely holds me back.

Solution: There is no solution for fear other than to face it head on. The more you do it the more you break your "give a damn".
  • Motivation
I believe a lot of people use the "I don't have time" excuse when it's really a motivation problem. I'm a busy guy: full time job, two kids, home to take care of etc. But I can always make the time. It's motivating myself to make the time and FOCUS during that time that I don't always have.

Solution: I have been slacking on my prioritized to-do lists. I am always more productive when I use them. Cracking the notebook back open.
  • Lack Of Passion
I don't care about this particular topic. I chose it for the CC9 because it may have the potential to be my highest earning website. I was passionate about leaking traffic when I started the bootcamp, but as that faded my passion for the subject matter didn't keep me going as strongly as I had in the beginning.

Solution: I feel a certain commitment to this site with traffic leaking tactics so I want to hit 1,000 forum visitors and 100 blog comment visitors. But don't be surprised if I hit those numbers with other sites first as I traffic leak to sites I am more passionate about.

To be honest I am moping about a bit with all of my websites lately. I never go go go all the time. I can go for a whole month without doing much more than a bit of maintenance. And then the following month I go on a content adding or link building blitz. I'm definitely at a low point in the cycle now.

Sort of irrelevant from here down now that I've updated the above: I'm leaning toward other projects. But at the same time I am not because I have a handful of projects that all make me money. I can't totally ignore them for long periods. For example, I had to make a couple of them mobile friendly this month. And I have a problem with a block of my pbn sites that need attention.

In the beginning of the bootcamp I did ignore my other projects completely, even though in my original introductory post I said I would split my time 50/50 between my cc9 site and the rest. Now I am playing a bit of catch-up and also applying traffic leaking to those sites. Id' say right now 20% of my time is spent with the cc9 project 80% spread across the others.

Tomorrow I'll update with how I intend to solve the first two problems. Need to think about it a bit.

Alright.

Fine.

I'm stalling a bit because I have to get ready for work.

Last edited:
Just a quick bump as I updated my previous post to complete the assignment. I added the 3rd stumbling block and my solution for each.

Now that I am traffic leaking sites that I actually care about the subject matter for, it's a lot easier. I was forcing myself to put up content and traffic leak to it and that sucked.

My best source of traffic is still reddit although I have all but abandoned the larger subs and am focusing on the smaller more relevant ones.

I have also been promoting my posts on Facebook and that's almost becoming easy. I still haven't hit the big one there yet but by using compelling titles and by using the principles I found here http://www.movoto.com/blog/movoto-com/buzzfeed-for-real-estate/ I have gotten results that I could not have dreamed of just a few months ago.

My main focus is still forums and that's improving, but I still suck at it. I'm creating 2-3 pieces of content a week for them with mixed results. I have sparked some good conversation using polarizing titles, but I need to work harder at getting the links clicked within the forum posts.

I'm having fun traffic leaking again since I am focused more on topics I care about, and for me that's the most important part of this update.

Last edited:
What I've Learned From The Bootcamp

The bootcamp basically ruined the internet for me. I see marketing everywhere.

With that said, I now contribute to the mess, or at least try my very best to. I have been using facebook, reddit, and forums for traffic. I can easily go into reddit and get a respectable amount of traffic. I'm hit or miss with forums, but I have enough hits to make trying to get better worth it, and the same goes for Facebook.

My focus since I abandoned my thread (because I didn't want to talk about not hitting the goals) has been on getting the most targeted traffic I can to get conversions. I have been focusing solely on email sign-up over the last couple months. That's not something would have don't before the bootcamp either.

I approach the problem of traffic very differently now. I used to spend 100% of my time using pbn's and spam. I haven't done much of that as I continue to focus on more reliable and immediate sources of traffic.

I'm a very different marketer now. I'm not going back to my old ways of what I considered marketing and I hope to be a much better marketer a year from now.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back