CC9 -- Sasha Grey

Status
Not open for further replies.
I'd love to give you some thrilling tidbit or says that OK @Politico. I Got nuthin'.

But what are you waiting for, man? Just get in there and get dirty. You don't need epic content. This piece of shit I was wrote was anything but epic.
It was just a rehash of more bullshit that's already out there. I just slapped a compelling title on it as per the instructions in the compelling content thread.

Just read a couple other threads here about reddit leaks and got reminded about CCarters advice on this and am definitely thinking differently again. Not always about being epic/unique.

You're right my dude - ima take your advice

Website Visitors: >20,000
Clicks On Affiliate Links: >4,000
...But I have definitely made at least a few hundos from this one leak.

mdnWCDD.jpg

Not even close @Ryuzaki. Thanks, but not even close. I have more goals to take down before I'm in outerspace.

I'm going to keep my feet planted on the ground.

Last edited:
Quick update for today.

The earliest I'll have decent income numbers is on Sunday. What I do know for sure is that I'll hit the next higher commission level for Amazon this month than usual. Still waiting for the other program I was using to report. They chose one hell of a time to delay updating. It's happened before so I just have to be patient.

I'm working forums today. So far I suck at it. Managed a measly 4 referrals from 2 forums. Going to go read the polarizing content thread again and carefully apply that for my next attempt.

Funny thing is that I read the thread (I am an internet stalker, and it was not hard to find) and the content was ... OK..ish...

It was actually false in some areas and the guys at reddit BLASTED him for it..

Doesn't matter, had clicks.

::emp::

It was actually false in some areas

Et tu, Brute?

I got some really nasty pm's too. If you guys are going to fly in the face of the reddit herd mind, be ready for that. It was honestly overwhelming and almost tiring.

It wasn't wrong, it just wasn't what that particular audience overwhelmingly believes to be true. For the most part, stroking the herd mind over there will get you more upvotes.

Last edited:
ModernMarketeer quoted a statement of mine in his signature: "We're here for traffic - not to win Pulitzers" - CCarter

I'll add more, Not only are we not here to win Pulitzers, we are not here for creating factual data - This is only about getting traffic - only thing that matters. There will be blow back if you get called out, but remember the Reddit audience is a bit more intelligent then average users. So taking something that's completely BS, trolling, or partially non-accurate, and submitting it to another platform that doesn't have people going ape shit cause you mis-spelled something or go out of their way to point out 1 inaccuracy on an article of 100 facts, will yield less resistance and better results.

Basically you are swimming with the sharks on Reddit, and if you can survive it that like Calamari did, you'll be able to beat newbies and people in the special olympics version of the niche. I was literally having a conversation about this the other day, and the person I was arguing with was talking about accuracy and this and that - cause he was invested in a particular niche - but I try to come into any problem or scenario with detachment - how much traffic did you walk away with? 20K in Calamari's case, how much money did you make? $XXX - sounds like a success. If Calamari was doing that daily, he wouldn't have a problem with all the hate coming his way. That's a hell of a job if I could sit there trolling the internet and making 3-5 figures daily off of people's hate. I swear people like Pewep would love that shit.

I want this to be VERY clear, YOU DO NOT have to be accurate. In fact trolling means you are stirring up controversy and creating polarizing debates usually due to the fact that you are stating something as factual which is opinion or simply highly in-accurate. On a troll level, the fact that people are talking about the accuracy of a traffic leak, means Calamari has scored over 9000 on everyone wasting time worrying about "facts".

"But, but, but..." - My answer to your mental block with this thought process - "Who cares?" I don't, I'm pretty sure Calamari's bank account and banker do not.

The problem is people aren't willing to cross the line cause there is some "integrity" involved. Notice all the people in history that cause problems and have the highest profile are all people rambling bullshit and completely fiction? When was the last time you saw someone becoming popular cause they stated something "factual" or "accurate"? This is marketing - not science class.

Realistically all those people hating just brought you some serious dollars, so who gives a shit?

We're not creating dictionary entries, wikipedia pages, or books of fact. Realistically 2 weeks from now NO ONE will remember that article or what it was about cause there will be some new topic or controversy to waste time on. So if you are in the moment, take the hit, get the revenue and make the money, and fuck everything else. You think anyone is going to remember that article a month from now? a year from now? 5 years from now? Internet points don't count in real life, money in the bank does...

QUsvJ.jpg

This is where I'm at now with getting any sort of respectable traffic from Facebook. Still trying.

Change of pace coming up early next week with one forum in particular. All the forums I had been seasoning I fucked up with.

But I registered a couple new ones after rereading the compelling content section, my own market research package, and the forum leaking guide here http://trafficleaks.com/tactics/niche-forums

No deviating from the master plan this time. Not that I ever intended to. But sometimes I get a little lost before I find my focus and start to put the pieces together. Hopefully this time I do a little better than the previous attempts.

I'm not revisiting reddit for the time being. No point in being a one trick pony.

My attempt at leaking forum traffic over the weekend was a

perfect-bellyflop-o.gif

There's nothing left for me to do but take a second look at what I did and try again.

edit: Almost forgot until I checked traffic just now. I had dropped a comment yesterday and got 2 visitors to the site today from it. Looks like I'll need to find some busier blogs.

Last edited:
General question about blog commenting for traffic to those that have done it successfully.

There are 2 ways to go about it that I have seen. One is to be interacting as a regular person and then one day dropping a link or two after estabilizing their presence.

The other is to hyperlink their name with an associated brand with every comment they make on the blog. For example, "Peter @ my awesome brand name". There are entire blogging communities propping one another up with this.

So my question is, does one work better than the other or is that going to be dependant on the blog? When in Rome...

If anyone gives a damn finding blogs and being an early commenter is a lot easier with a phone app like feedly that pulls rss feeds. That way you can drop deuces and blog comments at the same time. Or in my case drop them while at work.

I'm just going to file this idea away for later. I have 2 other goals I have to hit first.

Broken link building for traffic.

It makes me sick watching some people arguing over and over in different threads about the same topic on one particular forum.

I've come up with an angle to tie their stupid fucking arguments into the topic of my site. It's further back in the buying process so I created a new landing page for them. Now I'm working on a couple pages to funnel them closer to actually buying.

People on forums are stupid if you start watching them with a birds eye view instead of just looking at the section of the forums directly related to your niche.

If I did my market research correctly I should get the response I want. We will know sometime next week.

It makes me sick watching some people arguing over and over in different threads about the same topic on one particular forum.

I've come up with an angle to tie their stupid fucking arguments into the topic of my site. It's further back in the buying process so I created a new landing page for them. Now I'm working on a couple pages to funnel them closer to actually buying.

People on forums are stupid if you start watching them with a birds eye view instead of just looking at the section of the forums directly related to your niche.

If I did my market research correctly I should get the response I want. We will know sometime next week.

How did you seed your links in the forum conversions? Was your username already a trusted one?

I didn't drop any links yet. I'm still preparing my site and my forum account. Still learning about/from them too.

Made my move today and tried to suck some traffic from a forum full of my targeted audience. I did better but still won't be anywhere near 1000. Won't even come close to 100, but this was an improvement.

Onto the next one.

Nice, that you are trying the forums. I'm currently focused on Reddit & the blog comments.

@Calamari, what was your history in the forum before you tried to create the traffic leak?

I hung out in the forum for a little over a week, watching and posting a couple times a day. Nothing too in depth.

My drive is gone. Failure after failure tends to do that.

I'm missing something. Something just isn't clicking with the forums for me. I found myself just staring at the screen the last couple days and poking the forums with a stick without making any commitment.

I need to focus.

I haven't been this lost since trying to figure out how to beat the first panda rollout. I beat that. And then I beat penguin. I'll beat this too!

What's your forum strategy?

Are you just answering questions and positioning yourself?

Are trying to share epic, comprehensive content that gets stickied?

Sparking debate?

I remember leaking traffic to an online magazine my buddy and I started in 2011. I would basically create polarizing, QUALITY content and link to it on 2-3 relevant forums. My threads would basically be concise bullet points of my blog post's most controversial claims. I'd include a link to the post at the end of the thread, while remaining transparent about my affiliation with the site. People would be so busy debating with each other, they wouldnt notice my blatant promotion.

I ended up raking in a few hundred visitors/week for two months or so (and scored some loyal readers this way also) just off of like 2 threads.

Not sure if you've attempted this yet, but transparency and controversy has worked for me in the past.

Hey @Capital. My best result so far has been with sparking debate and that's the road I'm continuing down.

I led with a polarizing title for the thread and then had a link with compelling anchor text that was related to the title. I had a bit of text as well that stated my side of the debate to kick things off.

I haven't been transparent about it yet. But as I continue I may try that.

Thanks for affirming what I have found so far and giving me hope.

Hey @Capital. My best result so far has been with sparking debate and that's the road I'm continuing down.

I led with a polarizing title for the thread and then had a link with compelling anchor text that was related to the title. I had a bit of text as well that stated my side of the debate to kick things off.

I haven't been transparent about it yet. But as I continue I may try that.

Thanks for affirming what I have found so far and giving me hope.

For sure.

Yeah, it sounds like you're doing everything legit. It might be your audience doesn't bite as easily as others do.

Good luck, and don't lose hope until you've exhausted all conceivable strategies. I know it's easy to lose motivation in the face of failure, but you may be closer to finding a viable strategy than u think :wink:

You-never-know-how-close-you-are-Never-give-up-on-your-dreams-funny-cartoon-jokes.jpg

(cheesy quote, but the cartoon delivers lol)

"My drive is gone. Failure after failure tends to do that." - do you get enough sleep, @Calamari? :smile: It may look stupid, but IMO less sleep is causing some damage to successful traffic leaks.

@Capital what would be a nice, subtle way to state your affiliation with the magazine/website? Just blatantly stating "this is my website" or something a bit more ambiguous?

Haha I actually just found one of the two threads I posted so many moons ago.

I was basically like,

I know there's already been a lot of discussion about [topic], but here's my take on it for what it's worth:

[Link to Article Displaying Provocative "4 Reasons Why X Fails" Title in Anchor]

Anyway, [brief summary of my thoughts]

Yup. Nothing special. Mind you, the audience was receptive to my mild self-promotion because 1. It was the culture there. 2. I was just being honest. I wasn't even trying to sell them anything other than my opinions (although I do recall getting a few clicks on my Adsense ad).

Again, I'm not a traffic leaking expert. I just always seem to naturally integrate myself into communities, get noticed, and incite debates and/or stimulating conversations. These tendencies lend themselves nicely to leaking traffic.

do you get enough sleep

Hell no. During the week I don't get enough and on the weekends I get too much. I've got my excuses for my crappy sleep patterns so there is definitely room for improvement.

Motivation is back. I took the weekend and Monday off from almost all IM. I'm all set up for a link drop tomorrow.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back