CC9 - Donna

Status
Not open for further replies.
Lately ive been a bit demotivated.

I wont lie, im starting to doubt myself in terms of making money. Im confident on the traffic, but I need to make money too.

Is it possible to make alot of money with a business like this? Keep in mind its just me working on the site with enough money for hosting. @Tavin @CCarter @emp

It's a marathon not a sprint.
The guy who just posted above you sold a $1,000,000 brand in your same niche.
I know but im not @Tavin lol. I still need to make 1k a month and it seems impossible with my low budget

@builttodominate you gotta push forward. Remember that if you stop now, you will stay at where you are. No chances of 1k month. 0!

I read all your thread, you have @emp helping you in private converstaions, you are in the @CCarter bootcamp so you've got that. For fucks sake, keep pushing forward. You have support of the most advanced members, don't embarrass yourself by quitting

The night is the darkest right before dawn. I'm feeling some cheezy motivation, so here, here. have some too:

Last edited:
I know but im not @Tavin lol. I still need to make 1k a month and it seems impossible with my low budget

But just yesterday you said you'd rather take on the elite athlete than the peasant?

Go grind, man. If you won't work your way out of a hole, keep digging yourself further down. There's nothing in between.

Quit being a bitch.

Stop treating this like a sprint and treat it like a marathon. The feverish pace you were working at was not sustainable. Slow down and pace yourself while you wait for organic traffic to kick in. When that starts to happen your motivation will return. But when it does, continue to pace yourself.

Some people are beyond help - anyone consider that?

Sorry to be blunt but if you spent half the time doing instead of whining then you would have something to show.

I spent many many many days making $0.12 a day in the early days now its pulling a nice $4-5k a month and I'm just getting started.

When you have actually worked then you can whine.

Until then STFU :smile:

Your negative thinking and doubting yourself is what is killing you. Look at the positive of what you learned and what you still have left.

If you need motivation, view:

Some people are beyond help

My boy B2D is not beyond help. He is new to this and very young. It takes time, experience, failure, and success to get your head on straight when it comes to this stuff. It will happen for him, as long as he doesn't give up or grind himself down into flour.

Last edited:
Hey,

think logical!

You got some traffic coming in, but this traffic does not convert. Who are these people that take bandwith from your site? Who is your demographic? Are these just students, who want something for free?
I am facing the same problem at the moment. Having traffic, BUT this traffic does not convert.
Right now I see two solution-strategies for the above described problem:

1. Try to get as many people from your audience as you could possibly get(Get so large amounts of traffic that they cannot ignore you!)
This strategy is simply said:
Hitting the nail with a big hammer by doing so much traffic leaking that you will be the new cool resource for your community.
The problem is that this will require a lot of content and will take a long time to build your resourcebase.

2. Being a sniper and hit the needs of your target audience.
@Tavin wrote in one of his threads/posts, that he looked for "holes in the digital landscape" and for a "passionate community".
Know your community. What content(content is equal to your service/product that you provide) do they want? Which content are they looking for? Who is your demographic? @CCarter has a great thread about market research and also provides a great template for that!!!

I would say it all comes down to:
Who are the guys, who buy stuff over the internet and where do they hang out? Most important: What content do they want to read, which I can provide them?

Btw this is why traffic from google converts so well, because they send you people who are actually looking for specific keyword(like "buy product x review"). When they arrive on your webpage their intention is clear. All you have to do then, is to provide them with great information about product x and redirect them via an affiliate link. You will definitely have a great high chance that these people are actual buyers.

Btw for your current traffic, I would think about: Do they add any value besides showing up? How can I use them, to get more than some higher stats in google analytics?

Best regards!

@MrMedia where did i say i was going to quit?

read what i wrote "I wont lie, im starting to doubt myself in terms of making money. Im confident on the traffic, but I need to make money too."

I didnt whine, and say im going to quit.

Last edited by a moderator:
Ride the motivational wave! We all feel the ups and downs in motivation, energy, positive and negative outlook, hope, faith, etc.

There's no doubt that you can grind and build. The question now becomes HOW to grind and build. Is what you're doing as effective as you hope? Are there better ways to spend this energy? How can you keep your mind calm, collected, and positive?

Get some guest posts done so you get some juice flowing through your site. You'll start getting hands-free organic traffic. Right now you're working for every visitor, which is basically a day job. That's not why we do this. Get a snowball rolling!

Update:

Started designing my own products, the great thing is that this wont directly compete with the affiliate offers so it will be an added stream of revenue

@builttodominate How mutch traffic are you getting now and how much is it converting? (CTR)

by the way I checked the website, have you tried placing adds in your content? Not just the one button that you have?

@builttodominate How mutch traffic are you getting now and how much is it converting? (CTR)

by the way I checked the website, have you tried placing adds in your content? Not just the one button that you have?

The only ads I have at the moment are paid spots. So i could use adsense in the content or any other ideas? I have 8-9k views this week, amazon conversion is about 4%

Wow, really impressive for me.
Loved how your reddit accounts posted to your site and other relevant sites where your content or comment could be found. :smile:

UPDATE - Sold my site for $5k, so I have started a new project.

HMIpBji.jpg

Good job! Your first windfall! Tell us how it feels. Are you happy with how it went? Are you reinvigorated for this new project even more? What can you tell us about the new project?

Way to go bud. You 100% made the right decision. I know you were on the fence about it but taking into consideration that...
  • You could flip a switch and send all of that traffic to your next project,
  • The multiple you got for your site, especially considering that it's not passive,
  • Build your next site better from the ground up with everything you've learned,
  • Couldn't even afford hosting a few weeks ago...
This is a big win. And you've already hit the ground running on your next project, which you'll be able to murder since you've got some resources now, more knowledge, more experience... I don't think this could have gone any better. So glad you took the win on this one. Congrats, nice work!

Good job! Your first windfall! Tell us how it feels. Are you happy with how it went? Are you reinvigorated for this new project even more? What can you tell us about the new project?

I'm happy, my new project is sort of like viralnova but its niched down. Its traffic leaking at its finest IMO. I'm really excited about it because I love grinding for traffic, and overall I don't feel as constrained. Again, I'm confident I will be banking in the next few months :D

Congrats. Nothing wrong with taking a win. Now this new website won't be under capitalized and you can swing for the fences.

You're first sale is the hardest. You did it. Keep going, more fun times ahead.
Thanks man, hopefully soon I'll be on your level :D

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back