CC9 - Donna

Status
Not open for further replies.
@MetaData @learningcurve very valuable feedback and you are right, I'm really not sure what to do. Thats why my current goal is just to get views. I realise now i should have a better plan

Well, in that case do you blacklist AdSense advertisers? Because now anyone can sell any kind of "ultra-booster-free-trials" through your site.

Maybe i havent fully explored my options, I looked at most of the fitness affiliate products and they are really crap. Only one or 2 id say are ok

Last edited:
You're not going to get every little thing perfect, nor do you have to. Especially not yet. If I were you, I would keep working on building up my social presence (With REAL followers, not 50k bot accounts...) Your instagram gets good interaction. Twitter is mostly fake so just for vanity I guess at this point...? Pinterest might be worth a shot, especially if you write some articles that would appeal to ladies. Working on your social accounts is important because it gives you a launchpad for any new content you write and also gives you a platform to network with other people in your niche.

Adsense vs Amazon vs whatever else is going to depend a lot on where the traffic's coming from. If it's social traffic landing on something like "9 craziest bodybuilders and where are they now?" then I'd go Adsense or something similar, if it's people landing on your site that searched "what is the best preworkout supplement?" then you'll probably get more mileage by giving them some places to buy preworkouts. It'll vary by article, and the audience you choose to create for yourself, and what they come to expect from you.

So if it were me, here would be my to-do list for the next while...
[ ] Build up social accounts, interact with people, find out which types of content perform the best on said accounts...
[ ] Post more content to your site...
[ ] Try to find people with larger audiences who'll write a guest post for you (And promote it to their followers), and...
[ ] See if anyone with a more popular site will let you write for them...
[ ] Find places to promote your content (Forums, reddit, digg, whatever...)

That should keep you plenty busy with things that will have noticeable effects. Apparantly it's still up for debate whether social has an impact on SEO or not haha... But you'll be "potentially" sending some positive ranking signals with the work that you put into your social, and while the goals of these guest posts is to get traffic and attention to your site and your brand, a few backlinks from relevant sites are nice to have.

Last edited:
You're not going to get every little thing perfect, nor do you have to. Especially not yet. If I were you, I would keep working on building up my social presence (With REAL followers, not 50k bot accounts...) Your instagram gets good interaction. Twitter is mostly fake so just for vanity I guess at this point...? Pinterest might be worth a shot, especially if you write some articles that would appeal to ladies. Working on your social accounts is important because it gives you a launchpad for any new content you write and also gives you a platform to network with other people in your niche.

Adsense vs Amazon vs whatever else is going to depend a lot on where the traffic's coming from. If it's social traffic landing on something like "9 craziest bodybuilders and where are they now?" then I'd go Adsense or something similar, if it's people landing on your site that searched "what is the best preworkout supplement?" then you'll probably get more mileage by giving them some places to buy preworkouts. It'll vary by article, and the audience you choose to create for yourself, and what they come to expect from you.

My twitter acc is real, its my main source of traffic at this moment. I have about 17k followers. IG is a pain in the ass because you can't post links but I use it to grow some brand presence.

Very good info, made me understand a bit more. The only problem I have is with the affiliate networks and getting paid because I'm from South Africa. main reason I chose adsense

gave me some ideas for my next few posts

I mean, yeah, it's not an imaginary Twitter account... but you have a lot of fake followers don't you?
No not really, I used tweepi to build it so followed people in my niche etc

No not really, I used tweepi to build it so followed people in my niche etc

Along with the thousands of fake followers you already talked about buying earlier in this thread lol :confused:...

Anyways, I'm not the fake follower police, I was just clarifying that my suggestion to build up your social accounts was to get real people following you, since you were asking questions about building 50k bot armies in another thread. Just wanted to make sure that was clear, because it's the real followers that are going to visit your site and get you paid. That checklist I made is for the next time you're like "I don't know what do next".

Last edited:
Along with the thousands of fake followers you already talked about buying earlier in this thread...

Anyways, I'm not the fake follower police, I was just clarifying that my suggestion to build up your social accounts was to get real people following you, since you were asking questions about building 50k bot armies in another thread. Just wanted to make sure that was clear, because it's the real followers that are going to visit your site and get you paid. That checklist I made is for the next time you're like "I don't know what do next".
Yeah I wanted to start selling my own followers lol.

but yeah I did buy 3k followers and then I got this weird message "the lord giveth and the lord taketh away" and then all the followers pretty much unfollowed. Was pretty embarrassing, and i realised i got scammed lol. another reason I wanted to make my own bot army

Get a job?

---

You paid $1 for thousands of fake Twitter followers that ended up getting caught and deleted, and your next thought is "I should get into the fake follower business even though I have absolutely no idea how it works or what I'm doing?"

Way to make me look like an asshole for saying you're on the right path lol :D...

Last edited:
^ lol was just a crazy idea I had. I'm actually focused, I just like to get opinions on my ideas

On a serious note. I've decided along with adsense, I will create advertising space on my site and reach out and see what happens.

Just have to keep pushing for more traffic

Things look they are going well, just got to keep doing what I'm doing.

Just stick to this, except make sure the "what I'm doing" isn't crazy shit like selling fake social signals on Fiverr. There are better ways you can earn a few bucks without starting a totally unrelated "business", and they'll help to promote your blog as well.

Just stick to this, except make sure the "what I'm doing" isn't crazy shit like selling fake social signals on Fiverr. There are better ways you can earn a few bucks without starting a totally unrelated "business", and they'll help to promote your blog as well.
My mind is my worst enemy

On a serious note. I've decided along with adsense, I will create advertising space on my site and reach out and see what happens.

What are you expecting from this site? In your vision for this property, how do you see the money rolling in? Because it seems to me you're rather fickle in your attempts to monetize, bouncing from one thing to the next without ever giving something a chance to work.

You have traffic, so why are you not testing monetization avenues available to you right now instead of trying to build Twitter bot armies? I'm going to guess that the name of your site is fairly easy to figure out, and looking at it I only see some ad sense banners in your posts. Nothing else. Nothing in the header, nothing in the sidebar. There are plenty of affiliate offers that are not shady. It took me 10 seconds to log into my MaxBounty account and find offers for p90x.

Also, why you no Amazon bro? Read this and implement. - http://www.nichepursuits.com/9-ways-increase-amazon-affiliate-earnings/

Reactions: OG
My mind is my worst enemy

Dude. You're literally blowing my mind. You keep on posting things that literally force people who are trying to grow this community and be helpful to answer you...and then your response is always "Oh yeah, maybe I didn't think that through"...."Oh yeah, I haven't thought about that"...."Lol, yeah, I'll stop posting". You're wasting everyone's time because you don't care about the answers you're getting.

You get a helpful answer, realize it's not going to make you instant riches, and then come back with another hairbrained scheme. Then all of us poor schmucks who haven't realized how ridiculous you are yet try to help you.....and the cycle continues.

You literally have enough information from all of your manic posts to keep you busy for a year. Why are you continuing to ask new questions that have absolutely nothing to do with we were all helping you with before? Are you just copying all of our responses and creating an eBook. Is this the first monster troll of BuSo?

I wish there was a polling option, because I'd cast a vote to throttle the number of questions you ask.

By the way, how's that link building course doing....ya know... the one that you said you'd focus on and stop posting until you got through it?

Really learning a lot lately by looking at which of my posts do well etc. The things that I thought were great were not really what my market wanted, and its giving me a new "awareness" to start building a stronger base from

I don't know if this is good or not but my backlinks have doubled in the last 2 weeks.
Haven't touched anything in terms of backlinks.

ZvQZe95.png

I'm not sure, but someone in your niche could be spamming your website? Those could be real bad spam links.
That's a comment you made getting into the "recent comments" widget and becoming a site-wide link until pushed down. See ref. domain/ref. page ratio.

Or someone on this forum, lol.

Could be some cheeky member on here, i hope not cant really analyze anything because im not using a payed acc on ahrefs.

Will check the bolded part, thanks for the feedback

I had 4 organic searches. The rest was youtube and twitter.

Im following the pointblankseo link building course, and doing keyword research/writing content.

Im trying to follow CCarters traffic leaks.

More social media promotion.

The reason for 50k, no idea. Just seems like a good short term goal.
What's your process for finding / evaluating / scoring keywords? How are you going after them?

What's your process for finding / evaluating / scoring keywords? How are you going after them?
As of right now, im gearing towards content that doesnt target any keywords but is something that i know people will enjoy and share.

Im getting my topic ideas from thread titles, since most people have the same questions out there.

As of right now, im gearing towards content that doesnt target any keywords but is something that i know people will enjoy and share.

Im getting my topic ideas from thread titles, since most people have the same questions out there.
Content can be enjoyable/shareable and still rank for terms that have search impact...

Content can be enjoyable/shareable and still rank for terms that have search impact...

To be honest I kinda gave up on ranking. The first few results are always the same websites, doesnt matter if its a long tail KW with 10 searches a month or a short KW with thousands the first few results are from the same domains.

How do you compete with brands that dominate your niche?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back