Authority Hacker system?

bernard

BuSo Pro
Degree
Anyone have experience with their course? It's at sale for $598 at the moment.

I listen to their podcast every time (one of very few) and I think it's really good, but I have no idea what you get with this full course. I'd sign up for something like this if it included more personal advice/attention. I'm not sure, how much benefit someone like me would get, from only reading materials and videos, which we have here as well.

I see them struggling with a lot of the same stuff most of us struggle with and I see them making the same mistakes most of us do. They don't have super powers or secrets that you can't find for free on the internet.

Their course will help you cut through a lot (not all) of the bullshit, but if you're a decent seo as it is I'd skip it. There's nothing new there.

The podcast is good though. I have gotten some new ideas and approaches from there.

I stumbled across a login to the course a while back but was not that impressed.
Most of the information you can get from the other usual sources, they just tart it up with lots of video content and blueprints (which you can find via Google if you know what you are looking for).
I know they have relaunched recently, so the new one might be better?

If you look at the 30 day course on here, you should be set.
The rest is implementation, sweat, experimentation, and applied brainpower.

Don't spend nearly 600 bucks (YIKES) on a mistery meat package.

The Digital Strategy Crash Course has been great for me as well, really incredible value and for free. However, the reason I'm tempted is to get more up to date named recommendations. I realize some will consider this the lazy way out, but in one of their podcasts they recommended Elementor page builder. I had no idea it even existed and that has been a serious game changer for me. If I could a few more equally good recommendations, then that would be awesome. I also hear they have a closed Facebook group, which is also something I'd like to be part of.

On the flipside, I realize that most of this comes down to socializing and networking more irl with other marketers. We all tend to share more with those we know. Just having met someone a few times makes all the difference.

Elementor page builder and closed Facebook group

Sounds like you have made your mind up so go for it. I did the same thing a couple years ago.

There isn't any amazing sharing happening in the Facebook group. I haven't used Elementor but hopping on the bandwagon with things like Elementor is just going to land you in hot water. Sooner or later you're going to want to ditch it and move to something else for one reason or another and getting away from Elementor will be a huge hurdle. If you can get away from what most other people are doing and carve your own path you'll be better off.

I didn't pay to join authority hacker so I could copy their system. I joined to see what that herd was doing so I could be sure not to be doing it too. I have gotten some good ideas along the way from them but I didn't join to copy them.

When you're taking their advice keep in mind that they earn a hefty commission for getting people to sign up for Elementor. Are there better ways to build a website than with Elementor? Heck yeah there is! When they recommend WPX hosting do they get a commission for that? Hell yes they do! But there are better and cheaper options than WPX too.

They even say Wordpress is the only sensible way to build a website. Trust me, it's not. There are much better options but there's much less commission to be made anyplace else because Wordpress has mass adoption.

I'm sure they believe the advice they are giving but there are other points of view to consider than what the herd is doing.

I'm not trying to convince you not to sign up. I actually want you to but do it with a critical eye and think about how you can do things differently and better than the herd.

Last edited:
I'm going to weigh in too.

First off, do what you feel best for you.

However, take some of the advice in this thread too and at least mull it over before pulling the trigger.

Like you, I had FOMO and thought I needed to be in lots of different courses and groups because I found 1 gold nugget or interesting idea in it ( like a podcast nugget or FB tip ) and thought "this will be different" and I need to join. Trust me, this is FOMO you have...

I'm not going to embarrass myself in how much money I have spend over the years in ebooks, memberships, groups, courses, etc.. but lets just say it's more than most people make in a year's salary at least. Let's also not talk about the time wasted to go through them and think about them, etc only to find out nothing new in them.

Here is what I learned:

1. Things like this are aimed at Newbs. Are you a noobie? Really think that over. How do I know this? Because they are no courses out there in anything focused on taking a medium level person to an advanced guru. There are no courses out there taking a guru higher or continuing their education. There really isnt, go look around. Because of this fact alone, all courses ( or groups and books ) focus on taking a new person somewhere past Noob stage. Do you really want to pay for that because the content in it will be all Noob content.

2. You might have found 1 or 2 gems now. But that doesn't mean you will later especially when you consider #1 above.

3. Everyone knows some kind of info you don't. You pointed out Elementor. Ok cool.. but like @Calamari said there are other solutions that could be and are better. I could probably drop 3 or 4 here right now. I could also tell you the best way to grow fish in a salt water tank. Should you sign up for my $600 or $1200 course to learn something like that you can find for free online.. no.

4. I have a collection of courses from different gurus on different topics on a 3TB drive. The drive is full. I've watched most of them. I have a ton of ebooks and audible books too. I've been through most. I;ve been on private forums too and paid to be in masterminds. I can honestly tell you its been a waste of money and time for 99% of them. The gems I picked up where not even worth the money or time I spent to find them. Why? because Im not a noob in most subjects and I can read between the lines better than most people.

The main point is, handle your expectations.

That piece of advice will change your life ( see bold above ).

But handle your expectations. Go in knowing you will maybe not find anything of use expect 1 or 2 more things, and then you will be OK. If that is not OK with you, don't buy the course.

[image went down]

might be why their course is on sale?

Last edited by a moderator:
of course they said that - but they were very happy to ride the "success" of healthambition.com as proof of their authority system but not so much now

A friend of mine bought it and let me log in to check it out. It's very basic newbie stuff. The content they post on their blog is far more advanced than what is in the course. There's no golden nuggets in there. It's just 1) "how to install wordpress" 2) "how to install the theme we recommend" 3) "how to choose a domain name" and on and on.

Looks like they got hit by a mix of the un-named update and medic. Largely prob medic update.

Great post eliquid. I’d recommend you buy the course (or any course) if you commit to getting it done. That’s the power of courses - the investment forces you to commit. If you have a tendency towards “shiny object syndrome,” the $600 might be a wash.

First of all, I have nothing against newbies, lurkers, and so on. I am a great example of both types of people. I read more than I write. I hit the Like button pretty often. I don't know much about anything, and I am putting the advice I read in action. Some stuff works for me, some stuff doesn't, I'm still trying to figure things out.

Great post eliquid. I’d recommend you buy the course (or any course) if you commit to getting it done. That’s the power of courses - the investment forces you to commit. If you have a tendency towards “shiny object syndrome,” the $600 might be a wash.

First @mikeb23 comes, posts one single post in this old thread on Aug. 5th, and he was last seen on Aug. 7th - a mere 2 days after his first and only post quoted above. Didn't even bother to write a presentation post.

my friend told me seo that works is a good course? any reviews?

Then @einstein comes. He posts the above message, he posts another super short piece of advice in another thread, and that's it. This poster joined the forum today, Aug. 17th, so I'll give him the benefit of the doubt here because he might still be considering to post an introduction thread.

I could also be very wrong here and pointing fingers, in which case I apologize.

What really grinds my gears here is that they could have at least introduced themselves. But that would mean they would have read @Ryuzaki 's Day 11 at the digital strategy crash course. It has to be the poorest execution of @CCarter 's traffic leaks on the history of the internet.

I just find it curious how this old thread was resurrected after a 7-month interval. The day before yesterday, Aug. 15th, I have received an email from authority hackers selling their course. The very course mentioned in this thread.

Isn't that too much of a coincidence?

It has to be the poorest execution of @CCarter 's traffic leaks on the history of the internet.
Yeah, pretty weak. If the poster's IP address was based in Hungary (where they're located) then that would be extra funny. :D

Let's face the fact that these courses are ridiculously overpriced and that $1,000 is a lot of money for some (most?) of us that could be better invested elsewhere.

Last edited by a moderator:
Then @einstein comes. He posts the above message, he posts another super short piece of advice in another thread, and that's it. This poster joined the forum today, Aug. 17th, so I'll give him the benefit of the doubt here because he might still be considering to post an introduction thread.

I could also be very wrong here and pointing fingers, in which case I apologize.

What really grinds my gears here is that they could have at least introduced themselves. But that would mean they would have read @Ryuzaki 's Day 11 at the digital strategy crash course. It has to be the poorest execution of @CCarter 's traffic leaks on the history of the internet.

hello, i dont see where i can post an introduction thread, and the system told me that it's a new account, i have a limited place that i can reply. so i thought might as well directly jump into the threads?

First @mikeb23 comes, posts one single post in this old thread on Aug. 5th, and he was last seen on Aug. 7th - a mere 2 days after his first and only post quoted above. Didn't even bother to write a presentation post.

Hey man, apologies if this came off spammy. I'm obviously new to this forum and wasn't aware of the introductory guidelines. I commented on this thread because I knew I'd be able to contribute to it. The reason being - I don't have that much IM experience. But, I have taken AH's course, so I can confidently comment on it. Just trying to add value where I can.

Not Authority Hacker, but I've been binging the Income School YouTube videos this morning while grinding Alterac Valley reputation in World of Warcraft Classic.

I'm impressed by how good the videos are. They do a good job of explaining the basics to new people. Even better, they explain that it takes time to rank. I believe they said 45 weeks or something before a post will fully rank to its potential.

Obviously they're very salesy and some of there comments are a bit disingenuous, such as a site that ranks will continue to earn passive income for years (hello Google updates).

But I can't argue with the beginning of their process: get a domain, write 30 information articles in 30 days, then write a couple of monetized articles and link internally to them, start building a community (social channels and YouTube), and repeat.

I try to stay away from courses that "teach you the secrets". Most of the time, those things don't apply to average marketers or are just fake.

Think about time and budget. If it's my first site or one that makes me 1k/month(for some people the only source of income), it's a little hard for me to do AB on it for 6-12 months to get it to an optimal version of itself. Or get "great links" from high authority sites that cost 200-600$/link. They recommend only content that is $100 per 1.000 words, really clean, must s**t rainbows and so on.

And I think it's a psychological move. "Well, you did not do x and that's why you are not ranking". The buyer would feel that he did something wrong and not say something bad about the course.

If they ranked something, it's a "really tough keyword". Must not have exact anchors. Must kiss Matt Cutts ass over and over. I have a site with content at 3$ per 1000 words and guess what, it ranks and makes a decent amount of money, really good ROI on it.

This industry is full of fakes. For example, I don't trust some links sellers(pbn for example), that post those screenshots with progress. Short story. I've bought some links from bhw, a big seller. In his screenshots, he bragged about ranking a 90k keyword in tourism. Doing some research, I've found out that some trackers show the same volume for words with typos, like "airplan ticket". Obviously he did not rank the proper keyword, he ranked some stupid typo that was useless. Got my refund but ...

The truth is, basically every "how to build an affiliate website" course is full of the exact same content that can be found on Google/YouTube for free, but in a single and organized place, which makes it easier to follow the "roadmap" of sorts.

I've been through a lot of courses (and am still poor, mind you) and it is nice to go from module 1 to module 2. The completion of each module and progression through the course makes you feel like you're "getting somewhere" as opposed to piecing together individual articles and/or videos from different sources.

Hard, consistent work will always give better results than any of the "secrets" given in 99% of the courses available online (most "secrets" are just a different way of organizing keywords or whatever).

Personally, I like authority hacker a lot.

That said, I never have and never will buy any sort of marketing course. (other then wasting a bunch of money at various colleges)

The problem with marketing courses is that the more popular they get the worse the specific tactical advice they give gets. Marketing tactics lose effectiveness as their utilization rises.

Do your own thing and make hay when you're on meta.

It really doesn't matter what you do as long as you're willing to adapt to the market and find a demand profile to serve.

Taking the time and money you would spend on courses and spending it throwing shit at the fan will teach you way more and maybe even yield a winner if you get lucky.

Last edited:
I went and signed up for the Authority Hacker Pro system.

It's about $3000 or a payment plan for 11 months of $249 (which I chose).

There's a 30 day refund policy.

I signed up because I want to really take my business to the next level. The free podcasts on AH has given me several very actionable recommendations and strategies, that I now use as a core part of my business. I was finally sold on the course, with one of the in depth videos that Gael did recently, as a primer for the AH Pro launch. AH stands out imo, by being very actionable. There's no reading between the lines.

I've learned a lot from BuSo, it is by far the best free resource out here, and a great community. It will be very interesting to compare the two systems and communities.

I look forward to trying out the program, but won't be ashamed to ask for a refund, if it doesn't live up to the, relatively speaking, hefty pricing.

Last edited:
$3K.....

Not being a dick but you could have bought a ton of content and some high powered links for that.

What do you hope to learn that will deliver an ROI will stop you from hitting the refund button?

Back