Authority Hacker system?

Degree
Anyone have experience with their course? It's at sale for $598 at the moment.

I listen to their podcast every time (one of very few) and I think it's really good, but I have no idea what you get with this full course. I'd sign up for something like this if it included more personal advice/attention. I'm not sure, how much benefit someone like me would get, from only reading materials and videos, which we have here as well.

Calamari

BuSo Pro
Boot Camp
Degree
I see them struggling with a lot of the same stuff most of us struggle with and I see them making the same mistakes most of us do. They don't have super powers or secrets that you can't find for free on the internet.

Their course will help you cut through a lot (not all) of the bullshit, but if you're a decent seo as it is I'd skip it. There's nothing new there.

The podcast is good though. I have gotten some new ideas and approaches from there.

Degree
I stumbled across a login to the course a while back but was not that impressed.
Most of the information you can get from the other usual sources, they just tart it up with lots of video content and blueprints (which you can find via Google if you know what you are looking for).
I know they have relaunched recently, so the new one might be better?

darkzerothree

DunkelNullDrei
Degree
If you look at the 30 day course on here, you should be set.
The rest is implementation, sweat, experimentation, and applied brainpower.

Don't spend nearly 600 bucks (YIKES) on a mistery meat package.

Degree
The Digital Strategy Crash Course has been great for me as well, really incredible value and for free. However, the reason I'm tempted is to get more up to date named recommendations. I realize some will consider this the lazy way out, but in one of their podcasts they recommended Elementor page builder. I had no idea it even existed and that has been a serious game changer for me. If I could a few more equally good recommendations, then that would be awesome. I also hear they have a closed Facebook group, which is also something I'd like to be part of.

On the flipside, I realize that most of this comes down to socializing and networking more irl with other marketers. We all tend to share more with those we know. Just having met someone a few times makes all the difference.

Calamari

BuSo Pro
Boot Camp
Degree
Elementor page builder and closed Facebook group
Sounds like you have made your mind up so go for it. I did the same thing a couple years ago.

There isn't any amazing sharing happening in the Facebook group. I haven't used Elementor but hopping on the bandwagon with things like Elementor is just going to land you in hot water. Sooner or later you're going to want to ditch it and move to something else for one reason or another and getting away from Elementor will be a huge hurdle. If you can get away from what most other people are doing and carve your own path you'll be better off.

I didn't pay to join authority hacker so I could copy their system. I joined to see what that herd was doing so I could be sure not to be doing it too. I have gotten some good ideas along the way from them but I didn't join to copy them.

When you're taking their advice keep in mind that they earn a hefty commission for getting people to sign up for Elementor. Are there better ways to build a website than with Elementor? Heck yeah there is! When they recommend WPX hosting do they get a commission for that? Hell yes they do! But there are better and cheaper options than WPX too.

They even say Wordpress is the only sensible way to build a website. Trust me, it's not. There are much better options but there's much less commission to be made anyplace else because Wordpress has mass adoption.

I'm sure they believe the advice they are giving but there are other points of view to consider than what the herd is doing.

I'm not trying to convince you not to sign up. I actually want you to but do it with a critical eye and think about how you can do things differently and better than the herd.

Last edited:

eliquid

SERPWoo
Digital Strategist
Degree
I'm going to weigh in too.

First off, do what you feel best for you.

However, take some of the advice in this thread too and at least mull it over before pulling the trigger.

Like you, I had FOMO and thought I needed to be in lots of different courses and groups because I found 1 gold nugget or interesting idea in it ( like a podcast nugget or FB tip ) and thought "this will be different" and I need to join. Trust me, this is FOMO you have...

I'm not going to embarrass myself in how much money I have spend over the years in ebooks, memberships, groups, courses, etc.. but lets just say it's more than most people make in a year's salary at least. Let's also not talk about the time wasted to go through them and think about them, etc only to find out nothing new in them.

Here is what I learned:

1. Things like this are aimed at Newbs. Are you a noobie? Really think that over. How do I know this? Because they are no courses out there in anything focused on taking a medium level person to an advanced guru. There are no courses out there taking a guru higher or continuing their education. There really isnt, go look around. Because of this fact alone, all courses ( or groups and books ) focus on taking a new person somewhere past Noob stage. Do you really want to pay for that because the content in it will be all Noob content.

2. You might have found 1 or 2 gems now. But that doesn't mean you will later especially when you consider #1 above.

3. Everyone knows some kind of info you don't. You pointed out Elementor. Ok cool.. but like @Calamari said there are other solutions that could be and are better. I could probably drop 3 or 4 here right now. I could also tell you the best way to grow fish in a salt water tank. Should you sign up for my $600 or $1200 course to learn something like that you can find for free online.. no.

4. I have a collection of courses from different gurus on different topics on a 3TB drive. The drive is full. I've watched most of them. I have a ton of ebooks and audible books too. I've been through most. I;ve been on private forums too and paid to be in masterminds. I can honestly tell you its been a waste of money and time for 99% of them. The gems I picked up where not even worth the money or time I spent to find them. Why? because Im not a noob in most subjects and I can read between the lines better than most people.

The main point is, handle your expectations.

That piece of advice will change your life ( see bold above ).

But handle your expectations. Go in knowing you will maybe not find anything of use expect 1 or 2 more things, and then you will be OK. If that is not OK with you, don't buy the course.

Degree
of course they said that - but they were very happy to ride the "success" of healthambition.com as proof of their authority system but not so much now

Degree
A friend of mine bought it and let me log in to check it out. It's very basic newbie stuff. The content they post on their blog is far more advanced than what is in the course. There's no golden nuggets in there. It's just 1) "how to install wordpress" 2) "how to install the theme we recommend" 3) "how to choose a domain name" and on and on.

eliquid

SERPWoo
Digital Strategist
Degree
Looks like they got hit by a mix of the un-named update and medic. Largely prob medic update.