Are AI content writing software/services any good?

Degree
Hey guys,

Just signed up the other day! I come from a paid ads, funnel optimisation background, so content marketing and SEO are newer to me. I'm interested in starting a side project blog. I was wondering what people's opinions are on AI content writing software/services. Are they any good? If so, is it best to use then edit, or does anyone have any other suggestions?

Thanks guys!

Great to be on board!

Welcome!

AI content writing tools are growing in quality, but can't yet match the insights that a human can produce.

At the moment, they're used heavily for short-form sales copywriting. When it comes to long-form blog content, they're best used as a writing assistant.

I thought my writers to use conversion ai. It helps them pump out content faster. However, they are experts in the niche already and could already produce quality content. Only now it's just faster.

I think people can understand whether the article speaks to them or is another marketing page. I would put the effort to write well and build from there.

In my experience using Jarvis, it's good for smaller pieces like @stackcash said. Ecommerce product descriptions, blog intros & conclusions, quick-hitting FAQs, sentence/short paragraph rewriting, meta descriptions, things like that.

About as useful as your numpad for writing whole articles.

I don't understand these AI questions. How does a computer get creative with the written word? Would you watch a TV show written by A.I.?

It's not hard to tell that a bot wrote something versus a human. Unless you are writing technical manuals, I mean WTF?!?

Who is going to read that bland shit? And if you are looking for SEO metrics, Google monitors CTR and average time on page, so if a majority of the people are going back to Google after going to your page, your page sucks, that WILL impact your rankings.

But forget all that, what about the person reading your content?

I know SEOs hate human interaction but jesus christ. If you add just a little spice you'll get people to read your ever word. Meaning more money in your pockets.

What I don't get about the hype of AI writing software. It might create halfway decent content, but you need to fact-check every sentence created. That takes twice the time than let it write by a human.

AI writing software has been around for quite some time now. It was first introduced back in the early 2000s. The idea behind it was to create an automated way of creating content.

Today, there are many different types of AI writing software out there. Some of these programs are free while others cost a lot of money.

I am going to discuss the pros and cons of using AI writing software. Hopefully, after reading this article, you will be able to decide whether or not you should invest in this type of software.

The above text was my first time trying AI writing software, for the lols. It was created using the prompt "Should I use AI writing software?" and posted unedited, using a template where you enter your title and it writes an introduction.

I've been messing around with Jarvis for the past week or so and it can create some pretty decent content if you direct the AI by starting sentences and providing information about the topic at hand. The biggest issue I've been having is being able to write articles longer than 700-800 words without repeating the same things constantly.

It's not as easy to use as it looks. Pay attention to all of the demo articles and videos that affiliates put together and you'll notice that they use the AI to write extremely generic articles like "how to walk a dog" etc. These articles are much easier to produce than articles about less generic topics.

What I don't get about the hype of AI writing software. It might create halfway decent content, but you need to fact-check every sentence created. That takes twice the time than let it write by a human.

It seems AI work for spammers. Putting content under the fold and trying to get users to click the ad above it.

Learning to be a prolific writer is not easy. I can understand why people look for AI or Markov content; it is an easy solution.

Learning to be a prolific writer is not easy. I can understand why people look for AI or Markov content; it is an easy solution.

Why not just hire a writer? Where is it written that you have to write the content yourself?

Why not just hire a writer? Where is it written that you have to write the content yourself?
I could take that approach, but hired articles are not that great in my opinion. If you give people a really good product, they will appreciate it more I believe.

I want to see after 2-3 years, if I can build a competing financial site. If I get revenue, I will hire writers but edit it myself.

Last edited:
I want to see after 2-3 years, if I can build a competing financial site. If I get revenue, I will hire writers but edit it myself.
Are you implying that you think you'll be able to build a competing financial site in the YMYL EAT era by using AI content (which might as well be spun content)?

IF you get revenue after 2-3 years... WHAT??? You are going to put in 2-3 years of work on a project and are only thinking in "IF" you get revenue? Guys... you can make money from the internet within 24 hours of any project. However it requires you to think beyond SEO and doing actual marketing. There are people that just make money off of Twitter and Instagram without websites. 2-3 years, Jesus Fucking Christ.

If you guys are averse to traffic leaking, then you are averse to marketing. Not a single business on earth can make it without marketing, especially if your audience are consumers. If you are running an online business you need to be promoting it, period. Otherwise you'll be dead.

Come on guys, these goals are so fucking low they are non-existent. There are people that test new projects with $500 and a simple Fiverr website design and if they doesn't get traction or profit, NEXT. It takes them less than 2 days to figure out. Please God don't wait 2-3 years to get your first $1 in revenue.

There are 16 year old crushing some of the goals around here:

How are you going to let a 16 year old kid out do you?

AI copywriting tools are very good. Combine it with something like marketmuse.com, AI-powered research, and you can create really good content fast.

Jarvis is really good. It's only good if you can write the article without it but it speeds it up like 10x. Miles Beckler uses it. It's good enough for like seo and stuff. But Of course, it won't compete with things that get tons of shares and stuff.

It's good enough for like seo and stuff.

No it's not. You don't even make money with SEO from your own words on this forum. So what experience do you have to say it's good for seo?

Shouldn't you make money from SEO before making that statement?

Jarvis has not been too great for me. Lot's of misinformation and complete copy pastes of sentences from other articles.

If going the lazy route better off just finding some articles and re-writing in your own words if you don't want to do full research yourself.

So far anyone I've seen saying its good is someone pushing an affiliate link, not actually using for their own sites

No it's not. You don't even make money with SEO from your own words on this forum. So what experience do you have to say it's good for seo?

Shouldn't you make money from SEO before making that statement?
I have made money from niche sites. I wrote a few articles which is where I made money, then I used that money to just copy my competitor's articles (Copy their url and send to the writer) with no keyword research or game plan, no images added to the articles. Right now I am barely making money.

Most of the articles I got written were just copy and pasted on my blog, with 1 featured image, nothing else. 0 Care, 0 thought, sometimes I didn't even add affiliate links due to laziness.

One of my sites has like 700 articles with like 15-20 sessions per day. (NON jarvis, all by writers.)
Also on a lot of my sites, I basically did one niche and tried to cover google with my reviews. Very little informational content also. On my sites I bought web 2.0 backlinks and social profile ones. This is why I won't be building backlinks anymore, my friend who built 0 backlinks had a lot more traffic and stuff. (Sure, his articles were much higher quality and keyword research was a lot better but still)

I got approved in adsense and ezoic on the site which I said started getting 15-20 sessions per day. So technically I have made a few cents from this site.

Now, the site I have used Jarvis on, is the site that is starting to get around 15-20 sessions per day. I do needa give it to time so it ranks, also working on another site where I have like FULL relevancy and good keywords.

Also few things for using Jarvis better, you can provide things like amazon description into jarvis so it's accurate info like:
## Paste the amazon description then type ## again. Also, utilize adding *** to make sure it only picks up things from a certain section.

I also write a lot of my own paragraphs and then you hit compose to add additional info and stuff.

Also don't forget so when your writing your articles, you want to type the main keyword in google, check out some of the articles, copy a similar structure on Jarvis by putting:
##Heading <- Like adding ## for h2 and h3's basically anything that is like off on it's own.
Then also add in your own subheadings maybe via finding things in people also asked and your own thought process.

WPEagle made a video I forgot which one, he made it on live the youtube video and it's ranking high:

357179b4c1cdcbebecfdf73b9d60927c.png

for "wheelbarrow ultimate guide", ranks 1st for me.

Right now I am barely making money.

So you admit to being lazy with your SEO attempts: no keyword research, low quality content - compared to your friend, bought low quality backlinks - social profiles and web 2.0, and ended up only make a few cents, and that qualifies you to saying Jarvis is great for SEO?

Come on dude, this is ridiculous. You are literally admitting over and over you've cut corners, skipped important steps, don't care about the end users, and you are STILL baffled as to why you haven't had success with SEO or an online business?

How can that be possible? How can you be baffled?

It's clear you are looking for a shortcut, that doesn't exist.

Why waste all this time and energy towards something you clearly have contempt for?

Why put energy towards some endeavor that you aren't really interested in? And the worse part is the laziness means you willingly know you are putting NEGATIVE energy towards this. How can you possibly succeed?

Unless you take your online endeavors seriously, do the grunt work (for months - maybe years if you put no funds towards this), stop taking shortcuts, and go into a niche/industry you have some passion for, you are not going to make it. You are just wasting energy on a pipe dream.

So you admit to being lazy with your SEO attempts: no keyword research, low quality content - compared to your friend, bought low quality backlinks - social profiles and web 2.0, and ended up only make a few cents, and that qualifies you to saying Jarvis is great for SEO?

Come on dude, this is ridiculous. You are literally admitting over and over you've cut corners, skipped important steps, don't care about the end users, and you are STILL baffled as to why you haven't had success with SEO or an online business?

How can that be possible? How can you be baffled?

It's clear you are looking for a shortcut, that doesn't exist.

Why waste all this time and energy towards something you clearly have contempt for?

Why put energy towards some endeavor that you aren't really interested in? And the worse part is the laziness means you willingly know you are putting NEGATIVE energy towards this. How can you possibly succeed?

Unless you take your online endeavors seriously, do the grunt work (for months - maybe years if you put no funds towards this), stop taking shortcuts, and go into a niche/industry you have some passion for, you are not going to make it. You are just wasting energy on a pipe dream.
The low-quality stuff made me around like 20-30k. But people I talked to who take it way more seriously fail. So this makes me realize that, if I do keyword research and stuff right I can definitely outdo way more people.

Also, I shouldn't have even made the money I made tbh with how LITTLE work I put in it. This is ACTUALLY a shortcut dude. I barely put in the time to make the money I did. Most people put WAAAAY more time than I did. So I think this is a shortcut tbh.

I am doing this niche site stuff to get around 5-10k per month consistent, I think it's possible even if I don't have a passion for it nor do I care that much about it. (Planning on moving outta parents house) And after that, I can probably focus on creating a proper SAAS which would make actual big money. To create a startup/saas there's going to be a lot more sacrifices needed, you need to give everything you have.

Also, I think most people who do niche sites who make full-time generally aren't in love with it. They do it because it gives them more money than their old job and less effort + work from home.

I barely put in the time to make the money I did.

A "few cents"? That means it's worth it? Unless you've made serious money YOURSELF than it's all hypothetical and theories.

I think it's possible

Perhaps but you haven't cracked that yet so far. Everyone on the other side is telling you that it's not possible, but maybe it is. There are trillions of stars in our universe... anything is possible but given the evidence and lack of worth ethic it doesn't sound like that stars are aligned in your favor.

Planning on moving outta parents house

Jebus christ...

Also, I think most people who do niche sites who make full-time generally aren't in love with it.

They aren't writing the content themselves though.

They do it because it gives them more money than their old job and less effort + work from home.

No one serious wants to work from home. Some people make it happen but for the majority working at home means the one place you sleep and eat now becomes a source of stress. It's a part of psychology 101 on environment in university. That's why productivity levels drop when working at home.

It sounds like you are reading some blog or fantasy from bloggers giving you a dream of a life where you can do very little effort and make more money than someone doing a traditional 9-5 corporate job. It is possible but you have to put in a LOT of work at the very beginning to do this "coasting scenario". But you clearly lack the work ethic or passion, soo...

Again until you re-align your priorities and "grow up" (leave parent's home) you are destined to fail. We went in on @DanielS for months trying to convince him to leave home (and he has a nice chunk of savings), and he STILL hasn't left.

You boys now a days want to be Peter Pan, the boy that never grew up, lived in Neverland...

There are signs all around you telling that's not smart nor healthy.

A "few cents"? That means it's worth it? Unless you've made serious money YOURSELF than it's all hypothetical and theories.

Perhaps but you haven't cracked that yet so far. Everyone on the other side is telling you that it's not possible, but maybe it is. There are trillions of stars in our universe... anything is possible but given the evidence and lack of worth ethic it doesn't sound like that stars are aligned in your favor.

Jebus christ...

They aren't writing the content themselves though.

No one serious wants to work from home. Some people make it happen but for the majority working at home means the one place you sleep and eat now becomes a source of stress. It's a part of psychology 101 on environment in university. That's why productivity levels drop when working at home.

It sounds like you are reading some blog or fantasy from bloggers giving you a dream of a life where you can do very little effort and make more money than someone doing a traditional 9-5 corporate job. It is possible but you have to put in a LOT of work at the very beginning to do this "coasting scenario". But you clearly lack the work ethic or passion, soo...

Again until you re-align your priorities and "grow up" (leave parent's home) you are destined to fail. We went in on @DanielS for months trying to convince him to leave home (and he has a nice chunk of savings), and he STILL hasn't left.

You boys now a days want to be Peter Pan, the boy that never grew up, lived in Neverland...

There are signs all around you telling that's not smart nor healthy.
I am gonna prove Jarvis works. The articles are honestly good just requires a bit more effort.

How would you move out with no money?? I think it gives SERIOUS advantage if you don't have living expenses. I would have to probably do like 2 jobs to make ends meet if I were to live on my own. How would you even have time or energy for other things? I had a job once and how that was the most soul-sucking thing I had ever done, my diet went to shit, no exercise, I don't think I would have been able to work at all. AND EVERYONE told me my job was by far one of the easiest jobs. (The main issue was it was boring.) Also, you can invest literally EVERY PENNY you get so you could reinvest it all and beat your competition who are writing by hand or hiring but they also have living expenses. I literally spent the entire amount I made from niche sites. Had I done it right, I would have be making tons of money.

"It was a lot of work, but I had fun and was fulfilled. Could I grind 18 hours a day on something that doesn't give me some joy, absolutely not."
I also don't get this. How are you fulfilled when you were poor? How are you having fun?

You know I heard one of my friends talk about how most people aren't successful because they never find something they truly like. Which is true But, you're telling me you'd rather sit there work 18 hours a day than do LITERALLY ANYTHING ELSE?

You'd rather do that than watch a movie, play games, talk with friends or ANYTHING???

I had a job once and how that was the most soul-sucking thing I had ever done

We all had jobs once. The last job I worked i remember being in traffic for 3 hours going home and then deciding this employee life wasn't for me.

"Enough is enough" then the transformation begins

Everyone had to eat shit and grind until they got out of whatever hole they were in. Whatever set of cards were dealt to them, they have to play them.

How would you move out with no money?

How do you get laid while living at home? That seems like it should be the #1 reason to moving out.

you're telling me you'd rather sit there work 18 hours a day than do LITERALLY ANYTHING ELSE?

If I was poor and TRULY wanted to stop being poor yes. Was that a trick question?

You have no money, live at home with your parents, and the projects you are working on are half-assed.

The having no money part, is that's the single biggest motivation you should use as fire to stop being poor? Meaning you should grind 18+ hours a day for the next 6-12 months on a project that will make you enough money so you are no longer "poor"?

No one said you have to work 18+ hours a day FOREVER.

OR should to continue doing the waste of time activities like "watching a movie" (how many movies do you need to watch they'll be there 10 years from now still), "playing games" (jesus how hold are you?), "talking to friends", and continue being poor?

I'm the only person around here that's willing to tell you the hard cold truth, and if I'm the best you got you're in trouble.

If you no longer want to be "poor" you have to dedicate every waking moment for the next year, 2-3 years, whatever it takes and get out of the hole you are in.

Or stay in the fucking hole - no one gives a fuck.

What is it that you actually want out of this life? Cause you are on a trajectory to nothingness.

I would have to probably do like 2 jobs to make ends meet if I were to live on my own. How would you even have time or energy for other things? I had a job once and how that was the most soul-sucking thing I had ever done, my diet went to shit, no exercise, I don't think I would have been able to work at all.

Most folks don't have this luxury; They have to work to live.

I also don't get this. How are you fulfilled when you were poor? How are you having fun?

Money is a pretty good motivator for most people.

You know I heard one of my friends talk about how most people aren't successful because they never find something they truly like. Which is true But, you're telling me you'd rather sit there work 18 hours a day than do LITERALLY ANYTHING ELSE?

I mean some folks are sanitation workers and may even consider themselves successful - who the fuck am I to judge what someone else likes? They might be satisfied with making 25-30k a year.

Most of the folks on this forum love SEO/IM/Affiliate Marketing/Insert term here - Meaning they want to be working and doing only this. It just so happens that the above leads to more money than a sanitation worker.

I mean don't they say it takes like 10,000 hours to be good at something? I'm fairly certain experts in their field don't use shortcuts. If anything you can eventually get to the point where you can hire other people to function as your shortcut - writers, editors, etc.

Apart from reading your mini-rant above, it sounds like you have a general grasp of the English language. Are you able to write for the internet?

I'm not one for using motivational quotes but even someone like Kobe:

"I think the best way to prove your value is to work, is to learn, is to absorb, is to be a sponge. But you always want to outwork your potential. As hard as you believe you can work you can work harder than that."

If you're motivated by Money and you know this path makes you money then you should want to work more than 18 hours a day.

You'd rather do that than watch a movie, play games, talk with friends or ANYTHING???

Money.

Back