Are AI content writing software/services any good?

Degree
Hey guys,

Just signed up the other day! I come from a paid ads, funnel optimisation background, so content marketing and SEO are newer to me. I'm interested in starting a side project blog. I was wondering what people's opinions are on AI content writing software/services. Are they any good? If so, is it best to use then edit, or does anyone have any other suggestions?

Thanks guys!

Great to be on board!

stackcash

I Sell Words
BuSo Pro
Digital Strategist
Degree
Welcome!

AI content writing tools are growing in quality, but can't yet match the insights that a human can produce.

At the moment, they're used heavily for short-form sales copywriting. When it comes to long-form blog content, they're best used as a writing assistant.

Degree
I thought my writers to use conversion ai. It helps them pump out content faster. However, they are experts in the niche already and could already produce quality content. Only now it's just faster.

Degree
I think people can understand whether the article speaks to them or is another marketing page. I would put the effort to write well and build from there.

Boy

Reusable Block Buster
BuSo Pro
Degree
In my experience using Jarvis, it's good for smaller pieces like @stackcash said. Ecommerce product descriptions, blog intros & conclusions, quick-hitting FAQs, sentence/short paragraph rewriting, meta descriptions, things like that.

About as useful as your numpad for writing whole articles.

CCarter

Director
BuSo Pro
Boot Camp
Digital Strategist
Degree
I don't understand these AI questions. How does a computer get creative with the written word? Would you watch a TV show written by A.I.?

It's not hard to tell that a bot wrote something versus a human. Unless you are writing technical manuals, I mean WTF?!?

Who is going to read that bland shit? And if you are looking for SEO metrics, Google monitors CTR and average time on page, so if a majority of the people are going back to Google after going to your page, your page sucks, that WILL impact your rankings.

But forget all that, what about the person reading your content?

I know SEOs hate human interaction but jesus christ. If you add just a little spice you'll get people to read your ever word. Meaning more money in your pockets.

Degree
What I don't get about the hype of AI writing software. It might create halfway decent content, but you need to fact-check every sentence created. That takes twice the time than let it write by a human.

Potatoe

sigma σ simba σ sugma
BuSo Pro
Degree
AI writing software has been around for quite some time now. It was first introduced back in the early 2000s. The idea behind it was to create an automated way of creating content.

Today, there are many different types of AI writing software out there. Some of these programs are free while others cost a lot of money.

I am going to discuss the pros and cons of using AI writing software. Hopefully, after reading this article, you will be able to decide whether or not you should invest in this type of software.

The above text was my first time trying AI writing software, for the lols. It was created using the prompt "Should I use AI writing software?" and posted unedited, using a template where you enter your title and it writes an introduction.

Degree
I've been messing around with Jarvis for the past week or so and it can create some pretty decent content if you direct the AI by starting sentences and providing information about the topic at hand. The biggest issue I've been having is being able to write articles longer than 700-800 words without repeating the same things constantly.

It's not as easy to use as it looks. Pay attention to all of the demo articles and videos that affiliates put together and you'll notice that they use the AI to write extremely generic articles like "how to walk a dog" etc. These articles are much easier to produce than articles about less generic topics.

Degree
What I don't get about the hype of AI writing software. It might create halfway decent content, but you need to fact-check every sentence created. That takes twice the time than let it write by a human.

It seems AI work for spammers. Putting content under the fold and trying to get users to click the ad above it.

Learning to be a prolific writer is not easy. I can understand why people look for AI or Markov content; it is an easy solution.

CCarter

Director
BuSo Pro
Boot Camp
Digital Strategist
Degree
Learning to be a prolific writer is not easy. I can understand why people look for AI or Markov content; it is an easy solution.

Why not just hire a writer? Where is it written that you have to write the content yourself?

Degree
Why not just hire a writer? Where is it written that you have to write the content yourself?
I could take that approach, but hired articles are not that great in my opinion. If you give people a really good product, they will appreciate it more I believe.

I want to see after 2-3 years, if I can build a competing financial site. If I get revenue, I will hire writers but edit it myself.

Last edited:
Degree
I want to see after 2-3 years, if I can build a competing financial site. If I get revenue, I will hire writers but edit it myself.
Are you implying that you think you'll be able to build a competing financial site in the YMYL EAT era by using AI content (which might as well be spun content)?

CCarter

Director
BuSo Pro
Boot Camp
Digital Strategist
Degree

IF you get revenue after 2-3 years... WHAT??? You are going to put in 2-3 years of work on a project and are only thinking in "IF" you get revenue? Guys... you can make money from the internet within 24 hours of any project. However it requires you to think beyond SEO and doing actual marketing. There are people that just make money off of Twitter and Instagram without websites. 2-3 years, Jesus Fucking Christ.

If you guys are averse to traffic leaking, then you are averse to marketing. Not a single business on earth can make it without marketing, especially if your audience are consumers. If you are running an online business you need to be promoting it, period. Otherwise you'll be dead.

Come on guys, these goals are so fucking low they are non-existent. There are people that test new projects with $500 and a simple Fiverr website design and if they doesn't get traction or profit, NEXT. It takes them less than 2 days to figure out. Please God don't wait 2-3 years to get your first $1 in revenue.

There are 16 year old crushing some of the goals around here:

How are you going to let a 16 year old kid out do you?