Show off your Pingdom test results!

i84FqfJ.png

This site is so fast its loaded before you touch the Keyboard!

Here's the results of a couple long nights
- combined + minified CSS
- dropped the JS
- Leveraged the caching
- reduced the requests

This is on a cheap shared server, no CDN implemented just yet. The page size wil go up, but by no more than a few kbs.

Going to export make this my main site/setup across the board!

Get at me :smile:

Last edited:
Just setting up my ecommerce product page...

dwC2dAU.png

Page includes full content, images, video and an api call to check stock quantity.

Just setting up my ecommerce product page...

dwC2dAU.png

Page includes full content, images, video and an api call to check stock quantity.

Killing it!, how you get the page size so low

@Murk cheers bud. Wish there was some magic secret but I just made sure that if it wasn't needed then it wasn't included, used DNS prefetching for the api service and then followed the Day 4 - Setting up Your Website guide.

uVq2f4X.jpg

Not a single caching plug-in installed into wordpress. Experimented with the nginx config file and did a small php copy/pasta to fix one other pesky problem.

Just when you think it can't get any better...
If I'm correct then you have reduced it down from 216ms solely with the DNS Prefetch? Or did you also take some other measurements?

Is this line all it takes to make the Prefetch work?

Code:
<link rel="dns-prefetch" href="//www.google-analytics.com">

If I'm correct then you have reduced it down from 216ms solely with the DNS Prefetch? Or did you also take some other measurements?

There was a TON of work done for that. I was just going at it and chopping down things 10 to 20ms at a time - I wasn't logging my steps cause I was obsessed. DNS Prefetch helped a bit, but I had to go into nginx and do some voodoo. I also had to combine files (css and javascript), and minify them - while making sure they work still. Minified all the html content - which is dynamic BTW. And those images, those poor images they were compressed to an ungodly level. Some of the images had to be turned into base64 data code. I also was forced to turn on gzip - I'm not really happy about that one cause it adds a bit of processing. For example, I mentioned in my journal that barebone I was getting 9ms with just "hello world" on the page:

kDSRznO.png

gzip fucked all that up and now I'm getting at the lowest 11ms.

KOzf277.png

Yes at that level gzip actually added more bits of data increasing the size, so it's just a sad situation now. (But it did put my performance at 100%):

I need to sleep. Please god no more, that's enough!

PYhHjF6.jpg

JmR6A4o.jpg

I managed to shave off another 19ms by putting a little time in on the site. Side benefit is I get a 100 for performance. Maybe I'll turn my attention to the server next.

Phile is pretty cool. Didn't spend any time optimizing and this site is on a budget shared server.
iN4CcJR.jpg

The blog page
MatZaNf.jpg

Last edited:
@CCarter if I use the .htaccess file from your big brand thread, does that mean I don't need a standard caching plugin?

@CCarter if I use the .htaccess file from your big brand thread, does that mean I don't need a standard caching plugin?

The .htaccess file It will not cache the full page, just the elements of the page. The CMS will be reconstructing itself ever page load, but images, CSS files, JavaScript files, and other elements will not be re-requested.

With Pico I use the caching plugin and it caches the whole HTML rendering of a page and saves each HTML so there is no need for php processes or server processing from rendering the navigation, processing data, etc.

So no the htaccess file is not enough alone, but it does help aid caching plugins in areas they normally cannot do, like they are not able to tell your browser to not re-request the logo or an image that has not changed (unless they edit htaccess themselves).

Dear Peasants,

When you are ready to get on my level, PM me to unlock the secret of SE9. It's 2007, if your website is over 1 byte your doing it wrong.

J74gcfP.png

</thread>

Back