Introductions Thread

Hey all,

Im new here and hope to learn alot and meet some interesting people. I have been in the IM space part time for the past 3 years jumping from project to project. Hoping to finally settle down and get more serious about it.

Looks like an awesome forum and am grateful I found it :smile:

Hi BuSo!

I have been in the Digital Marketing field for several years. Made a lot of clients money but never was able to do the same for my self. I have now decided that its time I use my skills to benefit me by launching my own site. I have the idea in my head but suddenly hit a mental road block. Cold feet I guess. I became unsure of myself and started questioning whether I could actually do something that would generate revenue. Its a risk and I could end up losing money and several months of my life.

However after going through The Bragging Thread I am seriously inspired to put my ass in gear.

Wish me luck and I hope to make this journey successful!

What's up everyone.

Glad to find a community where we can pick each others brains. Here's my story and how I got started.

2008 - Age 14. Became fascinated with creating my own MySpace layouts in HTML. Spent days doing this for friends and family. Started to learn how to build websites and how the web works. Become 'alright' in html/css/php

2009 - Age 15. Discovered 'cash for downloads' or 'PPD' with sharecash.org network and started to create money guides for a popular online game and earned an easy $100. This lit the fire inside of me.

Throughout high school (2009-2012) I created hundreds of different websites and ventures to make money. I failed and I succeeded. I did it all..watch free movies, lyrics, software downloads, mini social network, clickbank products, became a eBay powerseller, sold wordpress plugins, membership sites, affiliate marketing..ETC. Shout out to moms for letting me stay on the computer for hours every day to be able to learn all this.

Fast forward today at 21 I have an LLC where all I run several different websites under a dba. I absolutely love what I do and love meeting people who share the same interests.

Lets make this money!!

I'm a 17 year old developer/designer (Rails, Js, HAML, SASS, ACS) by profession. I have recently developed a strong interest in marketing and if I'm honest, I'm becoming slight addicted to it. I find the communities, general moral and passion for the trade to be somewhat magical. I've been camping out on BHW for the past few weeks but it's quality of posts is certainly volatile so buildersociety is looking like a community I'd love to be part of.

Currently have a few marketing projects, one for local ranking and one for a large business niche which I have industry insight into through my employment. Hopefully I'll be able to post more about the projects as they develop.

Anyway, just wanted to pop my head in and wish everyone a successful 2015!

Stumbled onto the site today from one of localcasestudy's reddit threads (great content, btw), and was pleasantly surprised to see that the Wickedfire A-team has migrated en masse to a new forum, which is great because I had been lamenting the demise of that once-great forum.

I look forward to learning a lot, and also contributing to the conversation. I run a team that manages a large spend across paid search, paid social, display, and programmatic video, so when it comes to paid traffic sources, I know my way around.

Before I get started, though, I'm wondering, what are the forum rules about self-promotion? I can't seem to find anything posted.

@Minderwinter Welcome to the forum!

Basically don't be gross about self-promotion is our rule of thumb. The Marketplace isn't open yet so you can't sell any services or products here quite yet. You can link to your blog as long as it's relevant and adds value to the conversation, if it's overly promotional it'll get removed. If you're not sure, just shoot me a PM and I can give some guidance. There's always going to be a lot more leeway for active members who contribute a lot to the forum vs people who hop in to spam a few links.

Guess it's time to introduce myself.

I've been in the marketing and sales game since I was 13 years old and as of this writing i am 36 has wored within those industies up untill now and I will stay till the day I die, couse I love it.
I'm not much of a bragging kinda guy so I'll round things up here.

Love the forum btw, best one out there by a mile

Welcome, happy to have you here man! Starting at a young age with those skills already, now adding marketing into the mix is going to make you a total killer.

I read a great post in here and decided to join. I like action takers and I like the way people in here think.

I'm from Hawaii. If anyone else is here and would like to mastermind on online and offline marketing, and business building, hit me up.

Welcome to the forum!

Also sidenote: Thanks to whoever put out that FB post, it's been lighting up the analytics... If you see this, send me a PM please. :smile:

Hey, thanks. I meant to use this as a placeholder and then edit. However, it looks like my editing privaledges have been revoked and I have not done anything harmful...yet.

I should really put up something meaningful like the BoyScouts Honor creed or somesuch. How I pledge all loyalty and moniez to the good of Abob De Builder. This would make for oxytocin release and joyful hugs all around.

But instead, this:

I have rules about giving up things when acquiring new things. So, this forum got exchanged for 3 others. At least for three months. Depending on how well you fuckers behave. There is a story about that. I once was on a closed forum and I gave my number out to all members for one call in case of emergency. I did what I could. A pizza here, a love letter there. Then one dude two states away called needing to be bailed out. I did it for the story and that story led to 3 years of CRAZINESS that led to a divorce, being shot at, and an STD scare. Two of those may not be true.

I will only mindfully lie if it makes a story a bit better but not dramatically so. You know, like the dog was black instead of brown...but not purple because purple is going too far. I do attempt to keep income, scale, and advice on the real because it never ends well when you are sitting at The Table and have to tell three partners and a lawyer that you might have misrepresented minor aspects of a 10 million dollar deal. Like the million part.

Keep in mind that I have read the 48 laws of power just like you. So, there is that.

I went back to my former ways of being a bit ruthless after a break as a Buddhist monk. Picture me like the fruit, Kumquat: Sweet on the outside with a bitter center. I like it. I am thinking of adding a layer of white chocolate. This is being hashed out among my handlers.

Just because you are in my biz space does not mean we can not share a beer. We just can't do it during war. Unlike real war, fake war has breaks and events. So we can drink then. Especially if there is a move I am making and I need to keep you away from a net connection.

I like hard workers. I dislike "smart workers." I find that a way to describe not working. I only know that because I was that. I was a douche bag. I still am. Just a hard working one.

So, in summary...

The boyscout thing would have been better.

Haha.. damn, you have a nice writing style.
Welcome.

::emp::

I'm up early, because worms. Emp, your comment made my day. Thanks for taking the time. Weird how internet bleeps can make a difference. If I score big today, I'm going to give you 10% when I see you. Sadly, this also goes for negative performance. I will let you know.

Thank you for the welcomes and the snark. Both are valued.

Hello,

I currently own my own software development company building ios/android apps and looking to learn more about marketing/SEO. We have been getting more and more clients asking us to do this for them.

New to this marketing thing so willing to learn and help out as much as I can.

- Kevin

Very impressed, actually, with the community here. This is new to me (the whole posting in forums thing) I am a lurker and rarely (if ever) engage in the communities I frequent at all. But something is different about you guys .... so I am breaking my silence to say "hello." There isn't much to say about me or my internet marketing journey. I am a newbie that has been at this a long time, a perpetual student... and I do graphic design to pay the bills. I'm looking forward to stalking....I mean talking to all of you and learning so much.

I'm noticing a lot of people mentioning in their intros that they usually lurk but are deciding to participate in BuSo... always exciting to hear. Welcome, good to have you on board.

I think one of the best things about our community is that there's noone offering magic secrets to millions. Lol we're all real. And there's no guru culture. Welcome!:smile:

Hey @SomeFries - in the same position as you where I'm a long time lurker on many forums (not just marketing) but you're right, there's just something about BuSo that brings out the hidden 'poster' in everyone!

I think one of the best things about our community is that there's noone offering magic secrets to millions. Lol we're all real. And there's no guru culture. Welcome!:smile:

preach.gif

I like how real it is here. Just dude and chicks talking about marketing and making money. It's an open forum of ideas and ideals. Lots to learn, lots of connections to make. We can rule the world.

I am fairly certain it was a link sent to me by someone in a mastermind group, so whoever it was, thanks! Very impressed by the high quality of people and posts. Look forward to sharing what I have learned so far and continue to soak like a sponge from the smarter people in the room (that's you!).

Hi all. I don't quite remember how I found this forum, but I'm glad I did. Some serious knowledge being thrown around here. I think I might have seen "BuSo" on Wickedfire somewhere and googled until I landed.

A little background. A long time ago I joined Warrior Forum. I think I lasted two days before ended up at Wickedfire. I had some mild success with MFA/SEO, PPC, and PPV. Then things in my life took a turn for the worse, all the result of me making some pretty bad life decisions. So because of a drug addiction, a divorce, and the most recent some jail time...my pursuit of better life has been repeatedly hampered by my failings.

I got out of jail around 1 a.m. Christmas morning. It was here, as I wandered around downtown Las Vegas, that I made myself (another) vow. This Christmas I walked out of jail, the next one will be walking around the streets of Prague...or Copenhagen, Vienna, Geneva - someplace nice and wintery, idyllic snowcapped villages and all. This might seem like a small goal, but it would be indicative that I made it. That I'm not tied to any one location. All I really want in life it to travel and write. IM affords me that life. A life of independence.

I restarted many times. When I got clean. After my wife left. And now this legal indiscretion. When I was strolling downtown Vegas still smelling of jail and melancholy, I managed to convince myself that you only really fail the moment you decide to give up. So this is me, not giving up -- again. I've got a lot of work to do.

I read something once that I hope you can find useful. I'm going to paraphrase it to shorten it.

A man walks down a certain road and falls into a hole.

Later, he walks down the road again and dodges the first hole but falls into a second hole.

Eventually, he has enough practice to walk right around every hole, miss every bump, etc. But eventually he meets hurdles, brick walls, detours, etc.

Finally, he just chooses a different, shorter, cleaner road to his chosen destination.​

Thanks for sharing your story. Best of luck to you! Glad to have you around.

Drugs? Jail? WTF.. didn't know what happened to you Jarred.

If you make it and decide on Switzerland for next Christmas, I'll treat you to a nice fondue at a great restaurant.
(Zurich area, tho, not Geneva)

::emp::

Hey everyone! I think it's about time I introduce myself. This will probably be a lengthy post so go to the bathroom & grab some snacks before you sit down to read the rest.

A friend linked me to a thread on BuSo whilst I was in search for a better life. I checked it out and figured this is the place I want to be. I've browsed for a few weeks and finally thought it was about time I signed up and gotten involved!

So, where do I start... Well, I'm 22 and I live in Australia. I've recently finished studying Graphic Design and I'm now fully qualified. Despite being pushed by friends and family to get a job, I'm in search of a greater life. I don't want to be a desk monkey working 9-5 for the rest of my life (I don't even want to do it now haha).

I've always been fascinated with the internet, websites & making money online. It all started when I was 15. A friend of mine was coding websites and I found it interesting. I tried to learn HTML & CSS but gave up after thinking it was too hard. As time went on, I tried to make money offline whilst using the internet to my advantage. I made what I thought was a decent living throughout high school but that was short lived as I spent money faster than I was making it.

After school, I had no idea what I wanted to do. All I knew was that I wanted to work for myself. I always loved drawing so at the age of 18, I started a course in Graphic Design. I fell in love and got lazy. 6 months down the track, the ambitious me was fighting to get out and just as it did, we started a web design class. The teacher was boring, wasn't helpful and I found myself browsing the internet through class so I took initiative and taught myself HTML & CSS. It was amazing! I actually taught myself something that I never thought I could do! I knew if I could do this that anything was possible.

Throughout the course, I started several projects of my own in pursuit of the "IM life". One of the many I started was somewhat successful but has since started to die down quite quickly. Getting caught up with having a girlfriend and life, I quickly forgot what it was that I truly wanted in life. I made a lot of mistakes, did a lot of things for other people that I shouldn't have done and basically feel like I haven't lived the last 2 years of my life as I had wished.

Right before the holidays last year, I broke up with the girl that was my life for the last 3 years. It was a surprise but as they say, everything happens for a reason. Let's just say, when someone is unfaithful to you, you lose it. I wasn't in the right head space for the last few weeks but once again, that little fiery bug that was hiding inside of me came out once again. I have nothing holding me back but myself now and no one to blame but myself for any failures so it's time I put my ideas into action.

2015 is going to be a big year for me. I'm an IM noob and I have a lot to learn but I am ready to give it everything I have in pursuit of a better life.

Sorry for the lengthy post! It's nice to meet you all & I'll see you all around!

Welcome to the forum, good to have you here!

I think, as you start to really get into the grind again, you'll see it's not a matter of "nothing holding me back but myself NOW..." because it's only ever going to be you that holds you back, it only ever was you holding you back. Break through that shit, everyone has to :smile:

Looking forward to following the next chapter.

Welcome to the forum, good to have you here!

I think, as you start to really get into the grind again, you'll see it's not a matter of "nothing holding me back but myself NOW..." because it's only ever going to be you that holds you back, it only ever was you holding you back. Break through that shit, everyone has to :smile:

Looking forward to following the next chapter.

It's tough to get back into it and learn everything again etc but it's all happening. Slowly but surely. No more quitting when times get tough!

You can't control the past, but you can control your future. Get to work, son! Thanks for the intro.

Back