Introductions Thread

I made a lot of mistakes, did a lot of things for other people that I shouldn't have done and basically feel like I haven't lived the last 2 years of my life as I had wished.

I know this feeling all too well. The only option is to put your head down and plow through it. Speaking from my experience, dwelling on the mistakes of one's past only lead to more mistakes. Learn from it and move on. Scars tell our stories, not our future.

Best of luck to ya.

If you make it

There's no if my man. It's do or die...

1. The life we live.
2. The unlived life within us.

I read that in a book, sitting at Starbucks, thinking that I need to move these two lives closer together. Part of bringing up my potential is to learn as much as I can from those who have come before me and have been successful. As i've been jumping around in different threads I've been very impressed with all of the content and value this forum brings. My background is process optimization at a manufacturing level. I'm hoping to learn and apply the nuggets of wisdom I get from here to a digital platform.

Game on.

Last edited:
My background is process optimization

Ah yisssss... You're going to love it here. Making workflows more efficient, split testing minor details to increase conversion rates, getting more out of what we already have... Can't wait for you to drop some knowledge. Glad you joined.

How's it going yall?

From Georgia, have been involved in Digital Marketing for quite a few years, got all the normal certs, adwords, trusted photographer, analytics, and optimizely. Trying to find more mentors/people to chop it up with/find more projects to to get involved in. I travel as much as I can, and sort of just stumbled upon this forum. After I read around a bit more I will add more.

Cheers!

Hello world ,

JP here from the sunny lands of Spain. Just decided to join this forum after a while :smile: Took me some time but i was really really busy.

Anyway some of you might know me some not, just wanted to say hello, glad to be here and im looking forward to see what this community is all about.

Thank you
John

Intro thread...just a guy really. Done some stuff, none of it too impressive. Been selling online since ~2001, on my own sites since 2004, started doing SEO stuff after a few years of full blown paid traffic. It's been a journey. Only he who goes too far knows how far one can go. In life and making monies online.

Some of you know me, some of you don't. Someone I respect said this forum is the best place online right now to interact with people taking action, so I signed up and here I am. Thanks for having me.

Hello Everyone,

Been "interested" in the whole Internet Marketing thing for a while now, but never really got any traction or good results. Naturally that doesn't do well for confidence, but we all have to start somewhere.

Came across CCarter's thread on his bootcamp and just absorbing any and everything I can. I will commit to building and actually finishing projects. My biggest obstacle is myself, and if i persist and follow through, I'm bound to succeed at some point.

Looking forward to learning from everyone!

Cheers!

Glad to have you around and happy to hear you're ready to commit. If motivation and persistence is one of your issues, join us in The Garden to talk about it :smile: We have discussed a lot of ways to keep our heads down, be efficient, not procrastinate, etc. Good luck with it all, looking forward to seeing you around the forum.

Hi BuSo,
I'm Darmawan from Indonesia. (Any fellow Indonesian here?)

I've been on online marketing for 2-3 years now. Done some SEO, Affiliate & CPA marketing in the past but they never "a real business".

I did nasty Black Hat SEO until a year ago, spamming everywhere for monies. I do feel bad back then, doing those things. That's why I'm trying CPA marketing, but it's not "clean" either. Most CPA offers like dating sites, PIN submits, and even email submits are just there to suck people's money without giving real benefits. Some of them are legit though.

I'm currently building an inbound marketing guide website in Indonesian. Oh and I'm going to launch a startup in a few months, it's still in the oven right now.

Would love to connect and learn more from people here.

Signed up a while ago, decided I should finally start posting.

My background is in premium content marketing and writing services, but I'm looking to expand. Love what I've read so far on the forum.

-----

Thanks MetaData.

Do you happen to know that it's intentional that you can't see other poster's profiles until you have 3 posts?

I get not being able to post yourself, but that seems a little much/annoying.

@nottheusual
Yes, it's intentional, it's there to prevent people from signing up and spamming Builders via PM. If someone's serious about being a contributing member of the community, it's a very small obstacle to overcome.

But could you block the PM without blocking being able to view the profile?

I say this because I was reading a post by @localcasestudy , and in it he mentioned a new thread he made. I was unable to find it by looking around and couldn't see his post history to check it out.

While I had already been reading the boards for a while, if someone new came along, I could see them being deterred/frustrated.

Sure I do.

It’s a pleasure to join everyone here at Builder Society. I found BuSo through CCarter’s MOE site, from which I was probably traffic leaked from WickedFire :wink:. Finally registering after lurking for a few months!

MY PAST
Hjtg66n.jpg

I started in this space at the beginning of 2011—four years later, I still consider myself very green with much to learn. A healthy amount of my education about marketing has stemmed from reading forums and school but nothing has benefited me more than throwing myself into the ring and taking action. Honestly, I believe that’s how anyone truly learns in this new fast-paced business.
“The Things which hurt, instruct.” – Benjamin Franklin
Doing so, like everyone else, I've experienced wins and have taken plenty of L's...but those failures have taught me the most and obviously made my work better.

PRESENT & BARRELING INTO THE FUTURE

7EQ6Smw.jpg

2015 has the potential to be a breakout season for me with two large projects I'm concentrating on.

The first project has been in the works for little over a year now but is just now about ready to take off. It’s a service site and app where we’ll be targeting specific local businesses as a client base (plenty of face-to-face selling/pitching in my near future :smile:). Plenty of upside with this project, as it can scale to plenty of other cities that have our particular target market but that’s only after we lock it down here at our current location.

As far as the second project goes, I've just started the foundation work this past week. I’ll be taking the CCarter big brand route with this site. It’s an informative/Entertainment site in a sizable niche with a very passionate and loyal demographic. Should be fun creating some polarizing content and putting numbers on the board with this one…
Also, might use this project as a chance to start a thread and contribute what I can here at BuSo—so look for that. Though, I’m sure most of my "contribution" will be in question form...:D

“We must all either wear out or rust out, every one of us.
My choice is to wear out.”
– Theodore Roosevelt

Back to work!

But before I go, I have a question for everyone...What was the last book you read?
I just finished rereading through Meditations by Marcus Aurelius.

Hey guys,

Last night I was browsing a big internet marketing forum and by the end of it I felt like I wasted 4 hours of my night. The forum was entirely composed of people's rehashed, oversaturated "methods" that are guaranteed not to earn money, and seeing people complain about how they're only making $0.48/day with a shady PPD network after spamming their horribly made video 50 times on YouTube.

After realizing I wasted so much time, I came up with the idea of a forum without any silly pump-n-dump methods, but a forum that focuses on mindset, creativity, and getting shit done. Then, this morning, someone in a Skype group I'm a part of linked me a case-study on this site and I was amazed that there was a money making community out there that wasn't plagued by leeches and garbage methods people spam just to increase their forum reputation or w/e. So hopefully it stays that way and as long as it does I'll be here!

I've been working online on and off for around 5 years now, but never found real success/motivation until early 2014. Made decent money doing affiliate marketing (Don't really wanna get into specifics) for all of 2014, but haven't been active at all this year so far, but I'd like to change that. I have tons of ideas for websites and tons of ideas to market said websites.

My plans for this forum is to have every post be a quality one. I wanna be that guy with more likes on his posts than total posts.

Hey there my name is Colin and I have a small background in web design and have done a few basic WordPress sites for small companies and individuals. I am looking to make a career out of IM and web design, and joined to learn more of the technical side, learn all of the backend web design that WordPress so conveniently allowed me to ignore. I've scratched the surface, now I want to dive in.

You'll be seeing more from me.

I'm a Jamaican Marketer and this is probably the best forum i've seen in about 10 years. I've read many posts and none have been spam or flaming. It's great to see there are still strong communities online and I feel welcomed to be apart of this!

Hello guys ,my name is Alex and I am 14 years old.I have registered in numerous internet marketing forums ,and I have learnt so much information about internet marketing.I am ready to take action and make my dreams come true! Glad to be member of your community!

Glad to be member of your community!

It's your community now too!

Have you started any projects yet? Failed any? Succeeded on any? We'd love to get to know you better and learn from you and hopefully teach you something too.

hello everyone -

The signal to noise ratio looks a little better.

I am a consultant and I build my own properties when I am not doing that. I sold a few, been in a few industries that died, but made some money for a while before they did. My goal this year is to work my way up a bit further along the value chain from the drop shipper relationship to exclusive drop shipper to white labeled modified products. I have to grind this year to make it happen.

I have a few of the people here on skype due to working as contractors. I don't hang out enough and shoot the shit though so no one tells me when better forums are kicking off... I think I stumbled here last night from ccarter's blog via blind ape's blog.

Greetings,

Found this forum through a friend's recommendation. Heard this was the best site around for if you actually want to learn something and see what real hustlers look like. I am a college student, a first semester Junior at one of the best colleges for women in the states, it's an interesting place as a consequence. However, I am a master of getting things done when they need to get done and I am serious about applying myself to make a difference in my financial situation this year.

I have experience copywriting, content marketing, some graphic design, have worked freelance as a writer, run more than a few CPC campaigns, started and flipped a few websites for a little with a partner. I have worked as a ghost writer for a kindle ebook publishing deal. Have traffic leaked for someone by doing all their forum posting/research/networking within the forums (I never knew the name for it) and blog commenting. My experience is decently widespread without having a focus so I am here to network and get some more experience and finally commit and focus to some projects. I will be sure to go over the rules so I don't make too much of an ass of myself.

You sound like a very worthy addition to the forum. Welcome! Looking forward to sharing with you and learning from you. See you around the forum.

Nah,to be honest I haven't started nothing seriously yet.But I promise the I will do.I am more motivated than ever and I have so many ideas.But ideas are worthless ,without action!

Hello guys,

I am a 24 year old software developer from Germany. Usually, because of company policy I code in Java, however in my free tome I love to try out rails, django (python) or laravel (php). Recently, I switched to php and I want to fokus in the future much more on wordpress development.

As you can see I did coding mostly out of "just for fun" purposes. However, I really want to change that, cause m biggest goal is to become financially independent.

For this I will focus on creating niche sites, starting with the amazon affiliate program.

I would also love to meet new people, so of you are from the DACH region, contact me!

BR,
Gregor

Always wanted to go to Germany. What made you decide on affiliate marketing?

Back