Introductions Thread

From what I've seen, there is no limit to what subforums can come out once there is enough questions. Welcome to BuSo, excited to see your inputs!

Hey Guys,

Hopefully nobody gets offended by my post title :smile:

I've been in the website development game for about 10 years (closer to 11 at this point), and own/operate a handful of Ecommerce businesses. [Redacted], a few software company's (CMS, link intelligence tools, and some social data mining), and I invest in tech and real estate.

I'm here to meet other like-minded folks (hungry, determined, interested in what works NOT what people write about), and would love to meet someone interested in partnering up to help me with one of my lead-gen businesses. If you're interested in learning more about that please PM me, but know while the site *has* traffic and sign-ups there's a *LOT* of work left to be done before it becomes a sustainable revenue source (so please don't hit me up if you think you can just "plug in" and start earning).

Cheers,
B

Last edited by a moderator:
Hello everyone, I'm new here, but not so new to the general community. I'm currently in college, but Ive always had interest in making money online and I've got time to invest into an IM venture next semester. Looking forward to getting to know you all better.

Also, CCarter, if you see this post, check your PMs at WF please :smile:

Sweet intro thread Benni! [Redacted]... unless you're actually Rand Fishkin. kidding! :wink: Would you be willing to do like an AMA thread or something? You obviously have a tonne of experience and seem willing to share. Anywho.. Welcome to BuSo! Although, I see that you're rather well acquainted already :tongue:

Sweet intro thread Benni! [Redacted] ... unless you're actually Rand Fishkin. kidding! :wink: Would you be willing to do like an AMA thread or something? You obviously have a tonne of experience and seem willing to share. Anywho.. Welcome to BuSo! Although, I see that you're rather well acquainted already :tongue:
[Redacted] :smile: I doubt I'd have much to contribute by way of AMA; there's far more qualified folks here.. but the general idea of an AMA I love, and would like to opportunity to be able to pick the brains of a number of guys here like ( @CCarter, @MetaData, @Tavin ).

Thank you. [Redacted] :smile: I doubt I'd have much to contribute by way of AMA; there's far more qualified folks here.. but the general idea of an AMA I love, and would like to opportunity to be able to pick the brains of a number of guys here like ( @CCarter, @MetaData, @Tavin ).

Cool stuff man. I know who you are, won't let the cat out of the bag, but props for being where you are on that SERP. Was seriously worried you was [Redacted] for a brief second :wink:

I, for one, am pretty amped to gather some of your knowledge of this here seo and lead gen game. But more so to hear about some of these wild nights with strippers...
the-hangover-11.jpg

If anyone's wondering why this thread turned into a top-secret-document... I removed some personally identifiable info at the request of OP and in return he owes us an AMA thread :wink:

I, for one, am pretty amped to gather some of your knowledge of this here seo and lead gen game. But more so to hear about some of these wild nights with strippers...
the-hangover-11.jpg
Might need to move this to a PM then, but the most outrageous to date was a visit to MIA to visit another well known SEO who know's the darker side of that town; it was fantastic.

I am a Builder and aspiring Marketer. My name is Keith and I am here to learn from real people.
I have been a victim of SOS(Shiny Object Syndrome), but I have made a decision to Focus and Do.
That focus is SEO.
I think in time this will be my favorite forum.

Hi guys,

I'd like to introduce myself to all of you. I'm Noir, a seasoned internet marketer working on his affiliate sites and local clients. I've been in IM since 2009. I recently heard about this community on BHC and decided to join. I'll try to share what I know with all of you and maybe you can share yours with me :smile:

Thanks for having me.

Hi all.
I'm Dave from Dave's Meat & Nuts. www.davesmeatandnuts.com A new company doing Beef Jerky & Roasted Nuts. I will be launching a few other sites and products in the near future.
I am a one man show and don't have the resources to hire someone for SEO and even if I did, I am too ignorant on the subject to know if I was spending my money well.

I was recommended to come here and pic your brains so please drop some knowledge on me.

I want to build my page rankings for beef jerky, jerky, buy jerky online, wholesale jerky, private label jerky and anything else that makes sense. I am also very interested in driving traffic and sales on my site.

I have no idea where to begin so any information is greatly appreciated.
Thanks
Dave

Hey Dave, I'm glad you accepted my invitation, it's great to have you on board!

First things first, take a look into how to perform basic keyword research. There are a lot of schools of thought on that, but the basics are more or less the same. That traffic leaks thread I linked you to will probably get a lot wheels spinning in your mind, I recommend reading through it with a sheet of paper to take notes on how different sections will apply to your business. Information overload is a very real problem, so it's always helpful to break things down into smaller chunks. The more smaller chunks you're able to digest, the more the big-picture starts to come together.

Hey Dave. Your goals aren't to rank for those terms. Wanting to rank for those is just vanity.

You did say you were "also interested" in driving traffic and sales. But that shouldn't be an also. That's your goal.

Lol @Calamari I was about to say the exact same thing. The only reason you want to rank for the terms is to drive traffic and sales. I think that's the main problem with SEO these days. Everyone's so caught up with "beating" Google, and "conquering the SERPs" they've forgotten why they even wanted it in the first place.

Hi all. New to the board, looks like a great community for such a fresh board. Looking forward to being a part of the conversation.

I'm an old fart, about 12 years in the AM world with a focus on CRO for the last few years. SEO for lead gen as a hobby and outsourced service through some great SEO's I've met through the years(some are here already I see). Have a couple of my own offers and agent a few more. Feel free to PM me and happy holidays to everyone in the holiday season.

--------

I'm sure he ultimately meant the traffic and revs as the goal. While many guys are hyper focused on the ranking as a badge of honor, reading between the lines I think he just want's kw's that will bring more rev's. Because roi is better than the ranking or the traffic right?

My advice to OP is, if the seo work for this property is important to execute immediately, perhaps hire out or rev share JV with an already seasoned and good SEO to get it done more quickly with as little drama as possible all while learning from experience along the way. A good agreement and NDA/non compete along with some trust can make for good business.

If it's not an acute need for you to seo the site seamlessly right now, you're in the right community to learn how to do it yourself with minimal drama but likely a longer timeline, as you have haven't build out an optimized system for yourself yet. It's a damn fun diy project/world for the analytical type though and you are definitely amongst the rare folks actually capable of giving actionable advice rather than diluted guidance and simply another ebook to buy (what you tend to find from too many IM communities online).

Best of success.

Hi guys & girls,

Happy to join this board and to see so many familiar 'faces' :smile:

I've been in SEO for 6 years, self-employed for the past 2 and I'm constantly branching out into tons of other stuff. I have a pretty diverse and creative background but I'll save all the yapping for more appropriate posts.

I may not be the most talkative guy myself but be sure I'm reading everything thoroughly and watching everyone, muahaha. I'm always happy to help where I can though, so call me maybe.

I've been lurking for a while now, so I figure it's time I say hello.

I found this place after intensely lurking and watching the BlackHatUnderground forum and left following the meltdown. This seems like an awesome alternative, and it's nice to see some familiar names here. I've never been big into forums, but I'm excited to get involved here.

Otherwise, I know a bit about SEO, but I'm still learning. I landed a, essentially, paid internship in a super small agency who works with local clients and have been learning through this. I have also managed to rank for a few competitive terms, but it was doing basic things like tags, etc. I've found that I'm really more of an analytics guy (Just got a Google Analytics cert, for what it's worth), but I'm trying to learn more about PPC too.

I'm looking to build my first website too. I've got some ideas, but haven't built anything yet. I'm still in the process of building a personal website too. See, there's a comedian who has my name...and I feel, as an SEO, that it would be best if I was rank 1 instead of him.

Other than that, I look forward to reading what you all have to say & learning along with you.

Just joined this forum and figured I'd do an intro post here.

I graduated college in 2009 and midway through my final year I realized I really had to get my butt in gear or graduate into a job I likely wouldn't be fond of. I found WF and nickycakes blog and it inspired me to figure, "Other idiots seem to me making bank with paid traffic why not me?" and with that determination I had made enough money in 6 months to be able to comfortably transition into just doing IM full time when I graduated.

So now it's been 6 years I've been doing IM almost. It has had it's ups and downs but I'm a big saver and never spent much during the good times so I haven't had the big busts many have had. Kind of boring I know. I've always done paid traffic to CPA offers for the most part. It can be very volatile because I go after "big" stuff. There have been months where my net was higher than an entire year at a slower time. It does mess with your head/emotions to have swings like that but I'm lucky to have dealt with it pretty good.

I'm not the type to post screen shots of a bank account or anything but I feel pretty comfortably finance wise and very lucky I stumbled it IM from hunting online "how to make money". I've been able to achieve a major goal from when I was in college and that's being able to afford to fly on international 1st class flights. Here's a picture of my wife and I flying to Japan. Not bad for a lazy bum that just rather be playing video games and watching movies!

1516368_1493974160830563_858011267_n.jpg

Note my SC2 t-shirt and Clickbooth fleece that I actually wear because that's how cheap I am. Told you I'm pretty boring.

Mike, I am the same way!

I still wear my Wickedfire shirt from ASW09 I got from Jon.

I guess this is as good as any place to intro myself. Was brought here By CCarter in BHC. Learned this is one of the places to be! Look forward to learning and helping when I can. I have many years in this biz as an expensive hobby that I am now going to turn into a business while I am working at a business to pay the bills. That sounds complicated!

Look forward to meeting all you. Perhaps someone could point me to a thread or two that are MUST READS?

Hello.

1. Anything in the Garden area.
2. Anything on the forum in general that interests you.

Welcome to BuSo.

Back