Links Wikipedia Backlinks - You Don’t Have A Link On The Most Trusted Google Site Ever?

Remember the days when we were told that Wikipedia is not a reliable source by our own school teachers? I remember the teachers always saying - "don't use Wikipedia as a reference source!".

Well, guess what? They now realize that the combined input of millions of people (that is also moderated) might actually make a very reliable source. https://www.insidehighered.com/news/2022/11/09/more-professors-now-embrace-wikipedia-classroom

If teachers are saying Wikipedia is reliable + Google is going to pay to use their info soon - don't you think having a link or page from there is powerful?

Happy Thanksgiving to those of you in the U.S!

I personally have a lot to be thankful for and being part of the BUSO community is one of them.

Let's keep growing together!

Just wanted to loop back around on this one as I mentioned I was interested in the effect of no-follow and Wikipedia 'authority' (including the sites which automatically scrape Wikipedia).

It is now three months since the original placement and, as I said before, this was on the page for the parent topic of my targeted page, and the parent topic has between five and six figures of monthly search volume and an Ahrefs KD of 60+.

Originally, my page was ranking in positions 70-90 for this parent topic (which was fine, as it does not target it). Over three months it has steadily risen and has now cracked the lower reaches of the first page of search results in the main country.

(The keywords that my page does target generally moved in the same period from the second page of results to the middle to bottom of the first page.)

Obviously, there are other possible influences, such as aging, topic authority from site inlinking, general domain reputation, seasonality, etc., but the move for the parent topic was one that I honestly was not expecting.

From initial inquiry to placement wikibum was very helpful and informative. He made some great recommendations as to the content on my page that we were linking to and once I implemented his feedback he promptly got the link placed in a very natural way on the most relevant wikipedia page (actually the one i requested).

Link just went live so i'll report back about it's sticking power but so far the experience is first rate!

Can vouch for this.

Pretty satisfied with how the link was placed. You can tell @wikibum actually read my page, found a way to include a factoid I stipulated, and added me to the citations list. The account used was also clean and had performed several "newcomer tasks" leading up to that point.

So far so good in terms of stickiness (it's only been 24 hours) but time will tell. Based on how it was placed though, I suspect it will be there for quite a while.

Will be back in the future.

It's been ~7 months since we started this service on BUSO. It has been an amazing experience so far! Everyone we worked with is understanding and well versed in SEO, which makes our job easier.

If you are still not sure about this service. Check out what others had to say so far!

Edit: I'm back after 31 days and my link is still live, as expected. It was placed well in a non-greedy, non-lazy, non-stupid way. I suspect this link will stick for years. We didn't care about getting traffic or clout from it, we just wanted one single link to stay forever for SEO purposes. This team seems to know how to slide those kind of links in perfectly.

I contacted wikibum to take a look at my wikipedia presence. I already have multiple links on Wikipedia and after carefully analyzing my current links, wikibum suggested that it would be best to NOT pursue further links. This to me is super honest and the sign of a good business. It's like taking your car to a mechanic and being told that there's not that much that needs to be done.

5 STAR professional service and customer experience. Responsive and took time to explain. If you are into Semantic SEO and Knowledge Grid manipulation, this is an amazing Gig. Get this gig without fear - deliver exactly what is stated - highly courteous vendor. Pleasant to deal with. Fast TAT and keeps you updated.

I'm aware that a few weeks is not much to judge any results and it is anyway difficult to isolate the effects of a single incoming link. However I was interested in the reputational effects of a link like this on the overall site and not necessarily banking on any direct improvement in page rankings so am impressed to see what appear to be ancillary benefits.

Very happy with the service and the results.

Overall, I'm very satisfied with @wikibum's work. I recommend using this service if you want to get that link from Wikipedia, and I am planning to order more links too (though it's important not to overdo this of course).

The service itself from start to finish has been great and I appreciate how honest and transparent @wikibum was when deciding if the link placement would be a good fit and also during/after the service to check everything is as it should be.

Would definitely recommend the service.

Link is still in place after 50+ days. So happy with the service.

I can pretty much repeat what @ToffeeLa and @milkandhoney found out and can recommend this service.

- Link is still there and I don't see a reason why it would get removed either as it's genuinely useful
- Ahrefs shows I've picked ~10 NF scraper links and couple of F scraper links. No effect on DR though.

Great job @wikibum !

3-month update
The link was placed 3 months ago, and the link is still active.
I've it's been live for this amount of time, I doubt it will be deleted.
Great job @wikibum

It is now three months since the original placement and, as I said before, this was on the page for the parent topic of my targeted page, and the parent topic has between five and six figures of monthly search volume and an Ahrefs KD of 60+.

My Wikipedia Link Update. Still alive after 4 months since placement.
Incredible, especially since my target page, is kinda thin.

From initial inquiry to placement wikibum was very helpful and informative. He made some great recommendations as to the content on my page that we were linking to and once I implemented his feedback he promptly got the link placed in a very natural way on the most relevant wikipedia page (actually the one i requested).

Link just went live so i'll report back about it's sticking power but so far the experience is first rate!

Can vouch for this.

Pretty satisfied with how the link was placed. You can tell @wikibum actually read my page, found a way to include a factoid I stipulated, and added me to the citations list. The account used was also clean and had performed several "newcomer tasks" leading up to that point.

We really appreciate all the reviews and will continue to do our best.

giphy.gif

Review: Exceptional Service & Awesome Value

I’ve used this service a couple times now and had excellent service with wikibum. The value of what’s being offered here is very apparent to many - If you don’t realize the value of this, that might be better for the rest of us :wink: But the intricacies of doing this properly, along with providing the level of customer service in order to do so, is what makes wikibum’s service top notch.
I’ve dealt with him on multiple occasions, each with specific queries for that certain client/situation and wikibum has gone above and beyond when needed to offer insight and expertise (I’ll admit, I can be that guy for my client’s sites). So two thumbs up from me, highly recommended.

Review: Very Good Service

Initially, I thought this was going to take a long time. However, Wikibums proved me wrong. Sent over my website to him and he quickly identified what needed to be done on my part for the wiki link to stick.

Overall, I'm really happy with the service. I might update this after 30 days.

They did a great job delivering some hard-to-place links - will likely use them again on other projects.

Review: Very Good Service

Initially, I thought this was going to take a long time. However, Wikibums proved me wrong. Sent over my website to him and he quickly identified what needed to be done on my part for the wiki link to stick.

Overall, I'm really happy with the service. I might update this after 30 days.

My link is still on Wikipedia after more than 31 days. I highly recommend these guys.

Let me say that I've used a few Wiki services and often the links go down just after their guarantee. This is why I was cautious here and took my time before leaving my review.

This says it all:
It's been 9 months and my link is still active. That's what really counts with this service.

I will be ordering more soon. They delivered, the link stuck and is still there. Great service and very professional.
Alex

I’ve used this service a couple times now and had excellent service with wikibum. The value of what’s being offered here is very apparent to many - If you don’t realize the value of this, that might be better for the rest of us :wink: But the intricacies of doing this properly, along with providing the level of customer service in order to do so, is what makes wikibum’s service top notch.

They did a great job delivering some hard-to-place links - will likely use them again on other projects.

My link is still on Wikipedia after more than 31 days. I highly recommend these guys.

This says it all:
It's been 9 months and my link is still active. That's what really counts with this service.

I just wanted to take a moment to say a big, giant thank you to all of you who have used our service. Your business and support means the world to us!

We really appreciate the positive feedback and reviews, and we're thrilled that we've been able to help so many of you to boost your online presence. We promise to continue providing the best service possible, and to always get you the best possible links and results.

If you have any questions about the service or just looking for recommendations/guidance around Wikipedia, I would be happy to offer my honest advice, so feel free to PM me.

If any of these things apply to you, it's time to get a Wikipedia link:

- Your competitor has a Wikipedia or multiple links? No problem. We can get you more links than them.
- Your competitor doesn't have a Wikipedia link? Nice. Let's get you one so you can increase your trust.
- Not sure if your website is eligible for a Wikipedia link? All good. I can take a look and give you some advice on what you can do.

Whatever the situation is - a Wikipedia link can help. You know why? It is one of Google's most trusted websites and any links from there increase trust in your website.

A little-known fact about Wikipedia is that there is a feature called "Wikipedia's Featured Articles" (FA) that highlights outstanding articles. These articles undergo strict review and represent high-quality content. Only a small portion of Wikipedia articles achieve FA status, making it a significant recognition.

Looking at those articles will give you a better idea on how to structure your content, source it, etc.. since we know Google's most trusted website is Wikipedia.

A list of FA articles can be found here: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Wikipedia:Featured_articles

How many Wikipedia links does your competitor have? If the answer is ZERO - they why don't you get one and get a leg up? That's an easy win!

If the answers is 1, 2 or more - then why not get more to beat them?

In very rare cases do websites have more than 3 Wikipedia links, because most are happy with just one. But you have me on your side. I can get you more links than them (and will make sure they last longterm too).

Let's check off Wikipedia from your to do list.

Great service right here. @wikibum was very communicative and answered everything fully. We went back and forth on what the ideal strategy was, and ended up going with his recommendation. I'm very happy with the link. 45 days+ and still alive. Highly recommended

Link is active for more than 35 days. @wikibum was very kind to guide me on what to do to make the link sticks. Very professional and great service. Definitely come back to him if I need more wiki links.

I get many questions on this forum about Wikipedia and I just want to share some misconceptions that I had to answer recently.

1. Wikipedia is Unreliable: One common misconception is that Wikipedia is inherently unreliable due to its open editing structure. While it's true that Wikipedia can be edited by anyone, it also has a vigilant community of editors who monitor changes, verify sources, and strive to maintain accuracy. Part of why it's so hard to just paste a link in there.

2. Wikipedia is All-Encompassing: Some people assume that Wikipedia covers every single topic comprehensively, but in reality, there are gaps in coverage. Articles might be missing for niche subjects or rapidly changing topics. Wikipedia's content is determined by the interests and contributions of its editors, so while it covers a vast array of subjects, it doesn't have everything.

Hope this helps answer some of these misconceptions. Will try and cover more on my next post

Back