Links Wikipedia Backlinks - You Don’t Have A Link On The Most Trusted Google Site Ever?

wikibum

BuSo Pro
Degree
Remember the days when we were told that Wikipedia is not a reliable source by our own school teachers? I remember the teachers always saying - "don't use Wikipedia as a reference source!".

Well, guess what? They now realize that the combined input of millions of people (that is also moderated) might actually make a very reliable source. https://www.insidehighered.com/news/2022/11/09/more-professors-now-embrace-wikipedia-classroom

If teachers are saying Wikipedia is reliable + Google is going to pay to use their info soon - don't you think having a link or page from there is powerful?

wikibum

BuSo Pro
Degree
Happy Thanksgiving to those of you in the U.S!

I personally have a lot to be thankful for and being part of the BUSO community is one of them.

Let's keep growing together!

ToffeeLa

BuSo Pro
Degree
Just wanted to loop back around on this one as I mentioned I was interested in the effect of no-follow and Wikipedia 'authority' (including the sites which automatically scrape Wikipedia).

It is now three months since the original placement and, as I said before, this was on the page for the parent topic of my targeted page, and the parent topic has between five and six figures of monthly search volume and an Ahrefs KD of 60+.

Originally, my page was ranking in positions 70-90 for this parent topic (which was fine, as it does not target it). Over three months it has steadily risen and has now cracked the lower reaches of the first page of search results in the main country.

(The keywords that my page does target generally moved in the same period from the second page of results to the middle to bottom of the first page.)

Obviously, there are other possible influences, such as aging, topic authority from site inlinking, general domain reputation, seasonality, etc., but the move for the parent topic was one that I honestly was not expecting.