WickedFire just DIED (1-8-2019) while reading FatBat TumbleWeed Thread in STS

Degree
Wondering if Jon finally let the hosting die or just server down at the moment.

Was ironic to see it die just as I saw the call to Buso here and CCarter post in that thread.

Ok, came back up now. Must have been Jon's cheap hosting.

turbin3

BuSo Pro
Degree
Wickedfire? Never heard of her.

Syrinj

BuSo Pro
Degree
@CCarter watched me post about my membership purchase not working a few months back. People thought I was dumb for it, and trolled my thread, but I knew exactly why I was doing this: I paid ~$45 once to compile the entirety of the Enlightened Threads for myself for life. If I remember where I came from, I've spent more time and money on drugs in just one day, so I think by comparison this wasn't such a bad decision.

EyesExist

king potential
Degree
WickedFire..... wow.. Good ol' days for me... i used to find money for everything there

stackcash

I Sell Words
BuSo Pro
Digital Strategist
Degree
I'm amazed that people have still been posting there.

Degree
Do any of you remember an ex-pat forum that a few internet marketers were in, but it had reputable people in it?

What is STS?

I'm trying to remember all the forums from the past to fnd some new resources.

Degree
Whew, what a shitshow that turned out to be.
True, but you and I interacted on WF, and we each had thousands of posts when we did. Shitshow or not, the joint promoted interaction without consequence. I'm averaging a post a month here, and from what I can tell, so are you.

It raises an interesting question about the cross-section of moderation and member activity.

(and I say that in fear of getting banned)

CCarter

If they cease to believe in u, do u even exist?
Staff member
BuSo Pro
Boot Camp
Digital Strategist
Degree
Shitshow or not, the joint promoted interaction without consequence.
The problem I saw and BoFu made me realize was the constant shitting on newbie and struggling members. There was a 1-2 year phase where new members were roasted when they took the time to write a decent 1-2 paragraphs question about a problem. If you constantly burnt newbies, but older members slowly grow out of the scene or move on then the place will shrink double rapidly from a lack of new blood and a dying off of the old (or killing off).

(and I say that in fear of getting banned)
It takes A LOT to get banned from here unless you are straight spamming or going out of your way to cause problems. Even then easy rebuttals are more effective. Some complainers can’t handle our rebuttal or can’t debate properly and cry “tyranny” - LOLWTF? If it was tyranny we’d erase you, instead we rebuffed a claim in a debate - that’s a world of difference. If one can’t handle opposition to their idea or view what in the world is the point of participating in a discussion board?

One user went out of their way to cause constant disruption - and it took over 2 years tilll he was banned (ironically a past mod at the other place). But he has been back, within days, under different usernames carrying on now.

People that are complaining are usually salty about something they went out of their way to do and eventually after 2-3 years of ridiculous behavior - enough is enough.

Honestly you can insult my chocolate chip cookie recipe or insult our mothers and we wouldn’t bat an eye cause we got more important things IRL to concern ourselves with.

Our goal is to simply create an environment where people aren’t afraid to ask legit question to help them grow their business. At certain point the Frat House life has to come to an end; the internet needs a free resource where online marketers and businesses can seek help and get it from experienced marketers willing to put their FREE time and energy without having to waddle through the gurus trying to sell their $99 ebook/course with regurgitated content that they literally got from this forum.

Ryuzaki

女性以上のお金
Staff member
BuSo Pro
Digital Strategist
Degree
To be fair, this Water Cooler section is the place where there can be somewhat of a free for all. The general rules still apply but the the standard for quality is a lot lower. It's about relaxed and casual fun-having, even some civilized arguing. We just don't allow adult images and obvious NSFW stuff.

I don't know who's running around talking about "BuSo Bans People," but I have a good guess. I think we've only had to ban 2 legitimate users in ~5 years of operation, one of which was enough of a problem that he got banned from Wickedfire many moons ago too, the other was constantly trying to undermine the community and create schisms and all that. That's who I'd guess is spreading rumors.

What we do do outside of the Water Cooler is moderate posts that don't reach the obvious quality standard meant for outside of this Water Cooler section. We delete low-effort, one-line, litter posts and we delete posts where people type "thanks" instead of hitting the like button. That's really about it.

____

In my mind, Wickedfire died due to four things that happened in this order:
  1. Resisting new users' attempts at joining the culture, which meant the active user base was steadily dwindling.
  2. Penguin destroying 90% of the user base's income overnight, sending most of them off into the Bitcoin world, the closes equivalent to the EMD world of the pre-Penguin era.
  3. Raising the price of the BST to just under $250 a month, while requiring you to start a new thread every 2 weeks and constantly lose all momentum. This meant the cheap stuff like social bookmarks couldn't exist there, and thus at least half of the lurkers and posters had no reason to lurk any more.
  4. Forcing a paid subscription on content even to the users who wrote the content. I suspect less than 1% of the user base signed up, and most of that was for one month to scrape the content and then cancel.
That's what happens when saving face is more important than admitting you made a mistake and being seen undoing a past mistake. It's okay to step backwards and salvage something nice. Otherwise you're just patching patches on a sinking ship, applying them with a battle axe.

Degree
Shitshow or not, the joint promoted interaction without consequence.
What are the consequences of posting here? The only consequence I've seen people suffer from posting here is their income increases drastically. It's not like someone comes to your house and kidnaps your pets because you posted here more than once a month.

These days, any time I post it's 100% with the intention of being a dickhead when I see posts like yours, insinuating nonsense or misleading people. All I do is call people out while staying on topic. It's not against the rules. If I start name-calling and getting rowdy then yeah, I'm sure that would be a problem. I've yet to get a warning or PM or a visit to my house by the BIA.

Lol @ Frat house life has to end

So true. But, don't give it up without a Bang!
That's the difference between this place and others.

Wickedfire came together when making money on the internet was easy. It was the Frat Life. As soon as Penguin came around, I'd say 75% of the people there quit SEO and went into crypto currencies. The Frat Life ended there, and didn't go out with a bang. It whimpered and spattered out like the end of a balloon.

BlackHatForum is the least readable forum on the internet. It's nothing but non-english speaking people spamming to sell signature space and other 3rd world games. Every post is essentially "thanks for your post." That's what WarriorForum became too. They're free-for-all spammer & scammer hot spots with no moderation and a 99:1 noise ratio.

BuilderSociety could easily have as much traffic as them if they let Xrumer bots post nonstop too and let people make tiddy threads and send each other to websites that give you viruses. But then again, BuSo came about at a time when the Internet Marketing industry matured. The Frat Life was already over. This forum is for adults trying to earn a living, not score reputation points and post counts and lie about your successes.

That might not be as fun and entertaining as pure chaos. But we're not here for fun and chaos. We're here for order, for the purpose of being wealthy, having nice things, creating financial security and independence, putting our kids through college, earning a retirement, helping out our loved ones...

Or BuSo could also follow in the footsteps and walk the exact same path as every other forum that's committed suicide and see where that ends up.