Who's going in on CryptoCurrencies? XRP - Bitcoin

GNews

White Hat Genius
BuSo Pro
Degree
Who's going in on CryptoCurrencies? XRP - Bitcoin - etc?

WARNING: Don't invest money you don't have to lose .... unless you're okay with having to find another way to balance yourself. With that said, lets make money!

I'm about to take another jump.

Not sure who keeps up but some prominent figures to the Blockchain world have disappeared or died in the last year. Signals of something.

XRP is shaking up headlines here lately and I remember when I first got in around .06 cents. cool stuff.

Anybody here eyeballing some moves on the Cryptos market currently ? Got any tips on something way undervalued?

XRP always had my interests since the Banks bought it. Western Union talks.. etc.. I feel like the people behind such brands will pretty much go to any extent to make sure they don't lose and they wheel a lot of power.

But i also see XRP getting slammed as they are being called a scam, etc.....

News I saw this morning however, got me pumped:
https://u.today/almost-300-mln-xrp-moved-in-lump-sums-as-xrp-price-hits-023

eliquid

Digital Strategist
Degree
IMHO, all of these other coins just follow BTC.

I use to follow all the other coins. Sometimes they made movements outside of BTC, but rarely. They are all mostly following BTC and spike only when unique news about those coins surfaces. So unless you know when these unique news events hits those specific coins, it's just simpler to follow BTC.

I've been in and out BTC the last 30 days. Been a great ride.

qJTUGAP.png

secretagentdad

"Big Brand Bro"
BuSo Pro
Degree
I'm making a shit coin backed by saas credits with 1% 90 day simple interest and a sharded trading history index.

I wasnt planning on making the coins redeemable for cash though cuz I don't want to fuck with sec compliance.

Politico

Boot Camp
Degree
Been into crypto since 2013-ish, been all in since mid 2017-ish. Made a lot, lost a lot - but a big believer in the idea that blockchain is the future. Blockchain today = Internet in 96. And I remember internet in 96 vs today.

It's gonna be an interesting decade.

My main picks are BTC (obv), LTC, ETH and ZEC. ZCash is basically ZCrash at this point, but could go either depending on the development team's moves, but I think the tech is solid.

Interested in Decentralized Finance plays, but not invested in any. Tezos looks really interesting too.

There's a ton that are very interesting concepts and ideas and could be super profitable. But... if its not BTC (and maybe ETH), it's basically a shitcoin.

I am not an expert and none of that shit is financial advice so don't listen to me.

GNews

White Hat Genius
BuSo Pro
Degree
Ripple is a scam

I see this news coming out left and right. But the coin survives. How's it possible if it were a scam?
That latest news report though.. that's some lunatic suing everybody

GNews

White Hat Genius
BuSo Pro
Degree
Bitcoin tumbled 10% in 30 minutes. The other coins followed.

https://www.coindesk.com/coinbase-suffers-brief-outage-as-bitcoin-tumbles-10-in-30-minutes

"How many times do we have to say take your bitcoin off of Coinbase if you want to have access to it," Rachel Siegel, a bitcoin and cryptocurrency content creator, warned via Twitter, adding, "this is not the first time Coinbase has gone down and it surely will not be the last."

https://www.forbes.com/sites/billyb...sparks-serious-coinbase-warning/#43bd057bf840

Brutal .. some got locked out of their coinbase account and could not trade. Is this an 'accident' ? being it's the 2nd time, some think Coinbase is up to something odd here.

After its first breakout above $10,500 in June 2019, which led to a swift run to $14,000, Bitcoin failed to move above that level five out of six times in the last two years.

https://cointelegraph.com/news/3-reasons-for-the-bitcoin-price-halving-dump-from-10k-to-81k

Some think this is about to be a big bounceback point.

GNews

White Hat Genius
BuSo Pro
Degree
Def loving this, bouncing right where it should be

2020-05-10_1330.png

~$500 + gain on $8300 essentially

XRP would have been +$441 gain on the same total purchase / $8300

not too shabby

Are you pulling it off the market at night?

eliquid

Digital Strategist
Degree
~$500 + gain on $8300 essentially

XRP would have been +$441 gain on the same total purchase / $8300

not too shabby

Are you pulling it off the market at night?

I bought and sold already. Not holding overnight tonight.

Waiting for another dip or "bottomed needle" formation before buying again.

Politico

Boot Camp
Degree

is a bottom needle the same as a tweezer formation?

GNews

White Hat Genius
BuSo Pro
Degree

what app are you using?

eliquid

Digital Strategist
Degree

No, this is actually something I made up myself and named myself. I will have to explain more later.. but it is not the same. It's actually more of an expectation instead of a formation. Sorry.

what app are you using?

Not sure what you mean.

For the chart, it's just tradingview.com. For crypto, I use binance.

If you mean the lines on my chart, several of them are custom coded by me. Others are from the standard lib in tradingview or chart tools I manually drew ( like the fib lines ).

GNews

White Hat Genius
BuSo Pro
Degree
No, this is actually something I made up myself and named myself. I will have to explain more later.. but it is not the same. It's actually more of an expectation instead of a formation. Sorry.

Not sure what you mean.

For the chart, it's just tradingview.com. For crypto, I use binance.

If you mean the lines on my chart, several of them are custom coded by me. Others are from the standard lib in tradingview or chart tools I manually drew ( like the fib lines ).

Have you come across one of the apps / programs that point out all the perfect times to trade?

Wild ride on BTC today too.. Hit past $9k .. another $500... wht's going on with BTC?

@eliquid
And do you play all day or go in and go out, meeting profit goals you have set for yourself?
Ie: Today, there was $400+ profit. So after 10k coins trade at peeak for $4k profit, you walk away for the day? ?

Last edited:

eliquid

Digital Strategist
Degree

Getting back to explaining this.

So I did some research and came up with something I noticed happening in BTC. With its volatility, it wasn't uncommon to find times with the price would spike down, huge movements.

While the push down was great, the price would not hold causing it to go back up and close higher than the tip of the needle (the lowest price ). Normally the open of the next day would stagnate or drop a little too. But it creates buys at a low price and a cash-out the same day at a higher price.

This is an example of that below:
2020-05-12_0021.png

Knowing that these pushbacks and volatility can be extreme, I decided to allocate some money that only purchases at an extremely low price.

It's not buying a dip, as a dip is generally known. This is buying at a random opportunity that could happen with no notice. Trying to buy the bottom of the needle and ride it back up the same day.

Some people might say this is buying a falling knife, but that's jumping in when the price is plunging and you think at that moment you're buying something "on-sale". In my strategy, I always have a buy at an absurdly low price relative to the current price. Each day.

So say the current price is $8,686. I might set my buy to $6,571 and have that set all day and walk away. A percent of my bankroll will go to that purchase. Other strategies are funded too for the day, but that would be one I have in play and change daily. If the price was $12,085, my purchase might be in for $8,343.

The price points I pick are based on some metrics and strategies I have, and I change the prices daily. Most days the buys do not trigger. I just change them the next day and run my other strategies too.

I generally set them and walk away, spending less than 15 minutes on everything daily. I do get alerts when buys and sells hit and check them too during the day, but anything strategy-wise has very little time put into it.

Degree
Lost a fortune on ICO scams. What a fool I was....

I invested in all the ICOs that had a good rating on icodrops and lost a fortune. Greed and stupidity.

GNews

White Hat Genius
BuSo Pro
Degree
Lost a fortune on ICO scams. What a fool I was....

I invested in all the ICOs that had a good rating on icodrops and lost a fortune. Greed and stupidity.

When? I assume you missed both the bitcoin and xrp? considering where they peaked

eliquid

Digital Strategist
Degree
Have you come across one of the apps / programs that point out all the perfect times to trade?

Wild ride on BTC today too.. Hit past $9k .. another $500... wht's going on with BTC?

@eliquid
And do you play all day or go in and go out, meeting profit goals you have set for yourself?
Ie: Today, there was $400+ profit. So after 10k coins trade at peeak for $4k profit, you walk away for the day? ?

I've came across apps/programs that say they can point out perfect times, but none of them can do that.

At best, they might layer a few indicators and make a guess and run some data in a ML/AI script to try to predict, but I've not seen perfect trades by my defintion of perfect.

I'll set goals per day and set up my trades and walk away. The trades run all dy until triggered, if triggered and then I reset them the next day with new goals/limits. Just depends on what's going on and when. I don't try to guage the market, I just set goals and when hit I jump out.

Politico

Boot Camp
Degree
Getting back to explaining this.

So I did some research and came up with something I noticed happening in BTC. With its volatility, it wasn't uncommon to find times with the price would spike down, huge movements.

While the push down was great, the price would not hold causing it to go back up and close higher than the tip of the needle (the lowest price ). Normally the open of the next day would stagnate or drop a little too. But it creates buys at a low price and a cash-out the same day at a higher price.

This is an example of that below:
2020-05-12_0021.png

Knowing that these pushbacks and volatility can be extreme, I decided to allocate some money that only purchases at an extremely low price.

It's not buying a dip, as a dip is generally known. This is buying at a random opportunity that could happen with no notice. Trying to buy the bottom of the needle and ride it back up the same day.

Some people might say this is buying a falling knife, but that's jumping in when the price is plunging and you think at that moment you're buying something "on-sale". In my strategy, I always have a buy at an absurdly low price relative to the current price. Each day.

So say the current price is $8,686. I might set my buy to $6,571 and have that set all day and walk away. A percent of my bankroll will go to that purchase. Other strategies are funded too for the day, but that would be one I have in play and change daily. If the price was $12,085, my purchase might be in for $8,343.

The price points I pick are based on some metrics and strategies I have, and I change the prices daily. Most days the buys do not trigger. I just change them the next day and run my other strategies too.

I generally set them and walk away, spending less than 15 minutes on everything daily. I do get alerts when buys and sells hit and check them too during the day, but anything strategy-wise has very little time put into it.

Dope thanks for the detailed explanation. I've been doing something similar with price targets usually based a little lower/higher of weekly (sometimes daily) support/resistance levels