Who's going in on CryptoCurrencies? XRP - Bitcoin

GNews

White Hat Genius
BuSo Pro
Degree
@eliquid Bitcoin jumped to $9790 and headed to $9800.... You taking us out on drinks or what?

lol . I'm just wondering.. Do you think we're going to see a serious LEAP on prices because of the pandemic. I can imagine a lot of dirty money will be hidden by corrupt people here in coming times. A LOT. And I read once, this always influences such types of markets as cryptos where there is some sort of privacy.

GNews

White Hat Genius
BuSo Pro
Degree
https://cointelegraph.com/news/tether-usdt-surpasses-xrp-as-the-3rd-largest-cryptocurrency

Tether just surpassed XRP as the 3rd largest cryptocurency.

Some "Whales" took swim to binance and plopped down $XX,XXX,XXX figures today , each whale (supposedly)

I honestly don't see what this move is about. Tether is at $1.00 right now. Its' extremely stable it appears over time, staying right at the .99cent to $1 mark....

Meanwhile, XRP is trying to replace "SWIFT" payments at the bank. I'd think this excites people more... I'm waiting for XRP to jump into a big deal.

Bitcon is still king.

eliquid

Digital Strategist
Degree
@eliquid Do you think we're going to see a serious LEAP on prices because of the pandemic.

No clue.

When I started trading back in 96, I was one of thoses that tried to predict the market. I thought it was awesome to think I could learn if a market was going up or down.

I watched TV/News about it, read magazines. Tried to be like Buffet and look at fundamentals, etc. I did a lot of trades and read a lot of books and spent a lot of money.

Then I realized, most of these people were 100% wrong. Well, unless you play the very long game like Buffet. But in a really long game you can always be right IF you wait long enough most times. If you own Pepsi for 50 years, it's bound to have gone up sometimes in that half centry, right?

That's when I switched to waiting for areas I feel are oversold or undersold. Looking at price action too. Making choices based on short time frames and events.

The pandemic is a unique event. One we don't have data on for Cryptos. I wish I could say I knew, but I don't. One thing I can say for sure 100% is, if a serioud LEAP does happen, there will also be a push back down, you need to buy on that push down.

If there is a serious PUSH DOWN instead of a LEAP, there will be a LEAP afterward. You need to buy on that LEAP.

This is what I watch for now. I could care less if there is a LEAP up or a PUSH DOWN as I am not in it to "own it", but to trade it. That was the problem with ICO's, too many people got wrapped up in owning than trading.

https://cointelegraph.com/news/tether-usdt-surpasses-xrp-as-the-3rd-largest-cryptocurrency

Tether just surpassed XRP as the 3rd largest cryptocurency.

Some "Whales" took swim to binance and plopped down $XX,XXX,XXX figures today , each whale (supposedly)

I honestly don't see what this move is about. Tether is at $1.00 right now. Its' extremely stable it appears over time, staying right at the .99cent to $1 mark....

Meanwhile, XRP is trying to replace "SWIFT" payments at the bank. I'd think this excites people more... I'm waiting for XRP to jump into a big deal.

Bitcon is still king.

It's because money goes where the action is now, not where it might be later.

If I am a whale and I want money now, I'm not going to dump it in XRP. It might take XRP years until they get the deal. I remember when XRP was suppose to take over bank transactions 2 years ago. Someone looking for money now might wait another 2 years before XRP gets the deal and jumps in price. Otherwise, right now XRP is just riding BTC's waves.

Tether though, just had the news announcement about them surpassing XRP.. which can sometimes be enough news to cause a spike in price, a spike a whale could cash out on. Basically they are buying the news hoping to get in and cash out on the news riding.

With it being stable too, it's the perfect place to park your money when not trading. If I am into pure trading and making money, I don't wanna park my money in BTC or XRP or ETH.. one day I could have $100,000... the next day $40,000. I wanna park my money where it will remain the same price day in and day out so I can trade when I have oppertunity and not lose money.

Thether provides that without me having to go back and forth between networks, wallets, and mutliple coins where I lose money on fees and lose time on exchanges.

GNews

White Hat Genius
BuSo Pro
Degree
Venture Capitalist Who Spearheaded Google’s Investment in Ripple Says XRP Can Power Settlements, But Is Unlikely to Become Viable Currency
https://dailyhodl.com/2020/05/18/ve...ts-but-is-unlikely-to-become-viable-currency/

“I never really saw the use case for Ripple [XRP] as a currency. I understood that it was going to be used as a way to handle settlement in some capacity.”

Here's a great message from a qualified individual. The venture capitalist who basically got Google to invest in Ripple says not to focus on XRP becoming something for Banks. He says the key for them is to become a new standard for global money transfers.

I remember when XRP tested as a less expensive option for MoneyGram and Western Union to send money around. That's what peaked my interests. I've not heard much about that however since I was last trading coins.

I feel like XRP has so much money behind it, they will force a transition into something and when that news hits, it's going to hit a value between $5-$10 . How long that will take however, i'm clueless.

Another report has a US Financial Consumer Bureau rep saying they think it can help with banking industry transparencies............ Now this is dumb news to me because most shifting money in Cryptos imo (globally) are not looking to be a part of anything transparent.

https://dailyhodl.com/2020/05/18/us...eliver-more-transparency-in-banking-industry/

eliquid said:
With it being stable too, it's the perfect place to park your money when not trading. If I am into pure trading and making money, I don't wanna park my money in BTC or XRP or ETH.. one day I could have $100,000... the next day $40,000. I wanna park my money where it will remain the same price day in and day out so I can trade when I have opportunity and not lose money.

Definitely can understand this POV @eliquid

I think XRP is a gamble that will pay of for like a savings account

GNews

White Hat Genius
BuSo Pro
Degree
Ripple, third most valuable cryptocurrency, gets approval from the U.S for money transfer

Ripple (XRP), the third most widely used crypto-asset behind bitcoin and Ethereum, has gotten the attention of the world’s biggest economy for money remittance

If this can happen across other major countries.. the only question to me.. how high will the price of XRP go?

CCarter

Final Boss ®
BuSo Pro
Boot Camp
Digital Strategist
Degree
Anyone got any info on this XRP escrow account? Got multiple data points telling me something is afoot? I don't even like Crypto.

GNews

White Hat Genius
BuSo Pro
Degree
XRP has a lot of news breaking lately

I think a big announcement will drop soon like a major money sender is officially opening for transfers commercially

Mexico & Australia seems to be banking on XRP as well:
https://www.crypto-news-flash.com/ripple-xrp-volume-for-mexico-and-australia-reaches-all-time-high/

Then add=-in the fact decentralized trading is coming
https://www.crypto-news-flash.com/ripple-funded-start-up-towo-labs-releases-xrp-toolkit-v2/

I think ripple's realizing the 'don't ask questions' money is where its at

CCarter

Final Boss ®
BuSo Pro
Boot Camp
Digital Strategist
Degree
This is going to sound crazy, but one source has told me that over 100 central banks are using Ripple tech at some level? WTF

GNews

White Hat Genius
BuSo Pro
Degree
@CCarter not at all. Chase / JPMorgan was behind them since some years back. Santander too has hands in. And also, MoneyGram's been working

Google also has a huge investment. XRP cannot lose. It will rise. Period.

Here's a wild ass theory I just really wrapped my head around today.

The last great Civil Rights battle like this was about the shifting economics of the Black economy that White Elite America could no longer stop. Places like Black Wall Street ahd to be stopped to keep their firm grip on things shifting. Martin Luther King realzed this during the desegregation marches and once he made it clear he was aware of the Civil Rights war fallings FAR away from this potential economic dominance, He was killed before he could push the issue mainstream. Thats why he was really killed. It had nothing to do with segregation, it was all about economics. Rich people don't give a fuck about race because they likely dont have a lifestyle that allows them to pay attention to such lame thoughts.

I've been thinking. WHY is all ths shit going on right now? Covid 19, locking people in the house.

INTERNET SALES SKYROCKETED.
Government was talking about using crypto to have people pay out of the blue.....

That didn't do it enough.... Then they started pushing this Cop Killings extra hard .

BINGO! Now everybody's paying attention to the 'madness' and anarachy.

I think your signals may be concluding this wild idea I have in my mind. The big shift of wealth is about to happen via cryptocurrencies. I think XRP will be the chosen token, not Bitcoin like many think.

I wrote news rticles about banks getting behind them and Google's exec was pushing hard to get the G to invest. No way the company will lose. TOO MANY BIG FIGURES BEHIND THEM.... A behemoth.. Evn if I'm wrong about the civil issues, the monster shall eat.

Bernie and them made a KILLNG off Bitcoin. I'm sure other Politicians want in now with their greedy little hands .

BTC is too expensive for the Average Joe.. XRP is not..... So if tons of people buy in after some whales shift........ lots of money to be had.

THEORY.

Last edited:

CCarter

Final Boss ®
BuSo Pro
Boot Camp
Digital Strategist
Degree
The IMF was making some statements about JPM Coin and XRP. That's when I was like WTF.

5KkA2DN.jpg

Source: Central Bank Digital Currency Policy‑Maker Toolkit

Why is the IMF talking about cryto-currency when discussion the aftermath of COVID-19...?

World leaders are pushing "The great reset" WTF (Watch LIVE at 14:30 (Central European Time) the announcement of the Great Reset made by HRH The Prince of Wales and Klaus Schwab.): The Great Reset

Then started reading and reached out to some Merrill Lynch contacts after another source told me about these central banks using the ripple code and tech at "SOME" level. Here is some of my research so far:

- How Bill Gates is Using Cryptocurrency Ripple to Fight Global Poverty

- Ripple’s connection with the IMF and central banks

- Ripple Escrows 55 Billion XRP for Supply Predictability

- Ripple Joins ISO Global Standards Body on Cross-Border Payments

^^ The fact that Ripple is now part of the ISO standard IS NOT SMALL! That is huge, since it means it can integrate into a ton of tech. For a while I sat on the board of a merchant bank. I've talked to a former VP of Chase, and now Merrill Lynch. This isn't a joke.

The powers that be are making a mega power grab by riding XRP to control the world money. If the succeed the central banks will use XRP as the go-between for transfers, that's insane

And now turns out the reason XRP is being artificially kept low is so it's stable and therefore people will be able to rely on it for transferring money. WOW. These are mega powerhouse silently putting their ducks in a row. The fact that multiple banking contacts are telling me "oh yeah Ripple, we already use that..." WTF. What the fuck are you talking about...

This thing is going to explode - unless the Illuminati have another card up their sleeves...

GNews

White Hat Genius
BuSo Pro
Degree
@CCarter So my logic isn't crazy?

I'm in already. I have 4 figs of coins. Goal is to make it to 6 figures of coins.

Last edited:

mikey3times

BuSo Pro
Degree
No way the company will lose.

I don’t know anything about crypto, but no real investor would ever say this. Good investors figure out how the company will lose and assign a probability to that happening. Then they figure out what would happen to their investment if the worst happened.

“They can’t lose” is a huge warning sign. (Says the guy who doesn’t know anything about crypto.)

GNews

White Hat Genius
BuSo Pro
Degree
I don’t know anything about crypto, but no real investor would ever say this. Good investors figure out how the company will lose and assign a probability to that happening. Then they figure out what would happen to their investment if the worst happened.

“They can’t lose” is a huge warning sign. (Says the guy who doesn’t know anything about crypto.)

Google can make anyone win.............. or lose. When they are on your side for hundreds of millions or billions.... Good luck losing. Wll be harder to lose than win.

Read this report about the end of a financial system with Covid19:
https://www.irishtimes.com/opinion/world-will-need-new-financial-system-after-covid-19-1.4211363

The excuse has been laid.

Last edited:

GNews

White Hat Genius
BuSo Pro
Degree
I'm going HailMary on this... goal is now to own XXX,XXX in XRP.

I used to live in Las Vegas........... Taking risks is what made that the greatest American city to me..

. i'm looking at this as a savings account that could tank OR 'm going to pay for a house off this.

Either this will tank OR news will be unveiled that all these companies already are invested and own so many coins. So many names are already around it, it wouldn't astound me. If google somehow unveils this as a new payment option, shits' going through the roof .. and with them being so invested, i can't imagine it failing.

The overproduction that people are talking about is under the eyes/guidane of VERY RESPECTED individuals. It's not done without reason. I think it's being done so some internet companies, banks, and money remittance services can hold major amounts of coin to use privately.

If that news breaks, coin value could be $10 and I'm happy. $100, i hope.

Long shot theories/thoughts but.. maybe My crazy isnt' a bad crazy.

CCarter

Final Boss ®
BuSo Pro
Boot Camp
Digital Strategist
Degree
Hmmm... I assume everyone understands inflation, pumping trillions of dollars (basically printing money) devalues the money since there is a huge supply of it.

So then we get a situation where COVID-19 has the government handing out checks and pumping trillions of dollars into the system - therefore devaluing the USD. At the same time there is the IMF here, back in January, talking about getting off the USD as the world's reserve currency. Then COVID-19 comes along and suddenly there is this acceleration in getting off the USD - cause guberment is print money out of air.

I'm no conspiracy theorist but... WTF?

And then you turn around and got XRP lying in wait.

I hate crypto cause I've successfully, over dozens of times, argued it will ever go mainstream. Bitcoin needs to be mainstream for it to work.

But then XRP comes along and doesn't want to go mainstream, but work with central banks to become a potential Supra National currency that central banks trade among themselves to exchange currency. That literally eliminates the need to go mainstream, cause the Average Joe will not be involved at any level.

And now we got a boiling over pot of potential national and international instability... This is the globalists' last ditch effort for the next 50-75 years to maintain power over the system by "becoming transparent".

It's almost setup perfectly with the timing. Shit even investing $100 in XRP and letting it sit there is a smart bet at the point, if you believe in all that good versus evil stuff.

How is the USA ever going to pay off the federal deficit? What's the plan there? No politician wants to talk about raising taxes to start that process, the are kicking the can down the road. There is only so much road, and it assume there isn't going to be a global pandemic that literally cripples the economy of the United States and the world... How likely is such an event to ever happen in our life time??

Now you start wondering for real if COVID-19 was released on purpose. We already know it was engineered in a Chinese lab. How can it get any crazier...

TTuH3k9.jpg

jstover77

King of Turd Mountain
Degree
The more I read about XRP, the more I get excited about it. I just bought 35K coins and I'm going to start putting half my BTC monthly buy into it.

eliquid

Digital Strategist
Degree
Asi read more news about XRP, i just keep waiting for the day:
https://www.forbes.com/sites/michae...y-declares-former-cftc-chairman/#3bec85eb539b

I can't picture this failing in the long run. 22 cents and under, i'm going for it

I'd say right now, at .19161 you are in good. It's below it's average and trading sideways recently.

It's either going to go massively low, or jump to at least .20282 ( as of today's figures ) when it breaks out of the sideways.

If it goes down, Im looking at a dip to .18537 and then possibly further to .17250, if it reaches that then I will buy in myself.

These are all short term marks for the next few days.

Degree
I'm not an expert, but from what I understand Ripple + Ripple founders own ~75% of XRP supply. You are essentially at their mercy when it comes to price. It may be the case that supply needs to be increased to improve liquidity. Since liquidity is literally the main selling point of Ripple I wouldn't be surprised if this is the case. Bitcoin was designed to be deflationary (with the mining reward halving system), this seems to make people think that all cryptocurrencies are deflationary. The price of XRP may go up, it may go down, but there is no technical reason why it should go up, even if Ripple is successful.

GNews

White Hat Genius
BuSo Pro
Degree
I'm not an expert, but from what I understand Ripple + Ripple founders own ~75% of XRP supply. You are essentially at their mercy when it comes to price. It may be the case that supply needs to be increased to improve liquidity. Since liquidity is literally the main selling point of Ripple I wouldn't be surprised if this is the case. Bitcoin was designed to be deflationary (with the mining reward halving system), this seems to make people think that all cryptocurrencies are deflationary. The price of XRP may go up, it may go down, but there is no technical reason why it should go up, even if Ripple is successful.

THe reason would be this:
1) The EXTREME supply of XRP was designed with banks & money transfers in mind
2) If approved, I think there's $5-trillion in SWIFT wires daily or monthly (either way, huge) that would be switched over which would immediately consume a huge portion of those coins the founds have
3) Once that switch happens, i expect it be at the value of whatever the average is of UK/US money
4) This will eradicate supply giving it commercial owners and the news will send in whales + common joes
5) Once the public demand comes in, the brand is established and a household name from news... price will hit a new high then fall to a new standard high
6) i want out, when i see a peak

in other news however. Apparently, Donald Trump's trying to go after it and the US government's got some department trying to investigate all the 'dirty money' in bitcoin, etc

I dont now how ugly this will get but i do know, dirty money is what made much of the crypto market exist to begin with

what I really think is going on, XRP/Ripple is backed by some powerful people and there way of changing the front runner may be to get in bed with politics.

XRP is going nowhere. They have spent millions with universities to carve this path out. It's got Google behind it and major banks. If you think they can't move a mountain, you're more optimstic than me on the power of the dollar

Last edited:

CCarter

Final Boss ®
BuSo Pro
Boot Camp
Digital Strategist
Degree
This thing is coming in hot...

Email is a popular technology in part because it doesn't matter which service you use. A Gmail user can send a message to someone with a Yahoo account and vice versa. Yet when it comes to sending cash on the Internet, services are fractured. A Venmo user can't send money to someone using Cash App or Zelle, and nor can you can use a bank's website to send money to those apps.

That's why a new service called PayID is intriguing. Launched by a coalition led by the cryptocurrency company Ripple, PayID offers consumers the equivalent of an email address—a distinct easy-to-read ID that works with any service provider.

Ripple announced the service on Thursday, touting that it has 40 partners and over 100 million potential users, and encouraging people to sign up at PayID.org.

In theory, this could be a game changer. It means I could create an ID such as Jeff$Roberts, and one day use it to receive transactions from banks, PayPal, Western Union, or even a Bitcoin wallet.

The reality, unsurprisingly, is a little more complicated.

Ripple has dozens of partners, including Bitcoin wallet provider BitPay and a privacy-focused browser called Brave, but none of them are everyday names like Venmo—meaning PayID is, for now, just one more payment silo, and an obscure one at that.

But the service has a chance to grow, given that its underlying code is open source, meaning anyone can build on it. In practice, this means the likes of PayPal or Square could integrate PayID onto their platforms, or even offer them to their customers.

According to Ripple executive Ethan Beard, PayID has a similar design to the Internet's domain name system, which takes the string of numbers that define a website's address and renders them as an everyday phrase like Fortune.com.

Even though the PayID system appears relatively simple for consumers and businesses to use, there are competitive reasons why payment companies may be loath to embrace it. Namely, a payment protocol that works across platforms could undercut their ability to make money from a captive user base.

Beard, though, believes payments providers like Square or Venmo may actually come to embrace PayID on the basis of a different competitive calculation—namely that doing so could be a hedge against Libra, Facebook's ambitious plan to create a new global currency platform.

"Facebook and [Chinese payment giant] AliPay want to create closed, proprietary networks. Even someone as big as PayPal should be wary," Beard said.

Sauce:
Ripple launches PayID allowing users to send digital payments across different platforms

GNews

White Hat Genius
BuSo Pro
Degree
like the stock market, prices just went down

I think its' time to buy heavy on XRP

last few days it's not even been following the trends of Bitcoin and that was right after news about it possibly decoupling from Bitcon

It could all go wrong but if you got extra, i'd treat XRP like an etxra savings account.. let it sit.... XXX,XXX coins

GNews

White Hat Genius
BuSo Pro
Degree
all the signs are raining................

Hehmeyer Trading + Investments, the commodities investment firm, is pivoting to crypto full-time.
https://www.coindesk.com/veteran-commodities-trader-chris-hehmeyer-goes-all-in-on-crypto

This group says with the way things are going, they can't even completely imagine all the useful options that will evolve from digital currency. They are dropping all investment avenues except crytpos and just going full-time to the digital money world.

GNews

White Hat Genius
BuSo Pro
Degree
Great time to buy more XRP.

Im' waiting for news to drop that Amazon endorses all this. It may be the next big key for a price jump but we'll see if someone can buy Bezos into promoting the idea. They have the BitPay cards but i want to see a mmore heavy tie in. Probably have to give him seomthing.

Either way China's going nuts and about to have everyone's hand forced to rely on technology. The movement of coins will assist the world's powers to lower the value of China in everything, who really was the big power behind Bitcoin Blowing up originaly.

They are about to pull a Makeveli with XRP i believe.