What thread brought you to BuSo?

Someone told me there are a lot of great insights being shared here. Took a quick glance and registered immediately. I'm excited with staying to engage great members here.

The Avalanche post brought me here was an awesome read completely changed my mindset.
Also could someone link the @MrMedia AMA I have not read that.

take care

Mr. Media's AMA for sure. Someone referred to it in a niche site discord, and told me the info here was less BS "I-wonder-if" and more actionable insights. Since then, this and FatStacks are my go-to forums.

No particular thread, but I came across an article written by someone named Tom Spicky who mentioned it and I dove in head first from there. Actually, he may have referenced avalanche technique.

Found it via a mention in a thread on a STM forum :-) Just registered and am impressed with the information that exists here, excited to learn more.

I was actually on the subreddit /juststart and someone showing some great traction on their blog mentioned learning so much from this forum. So far, I have to say he is living up to his name.
The posts here are just full of actionable advice which I am already implementing. Thanks BUSO community.

I found it on Reddit r/juststart channel. Someone pointed me here after asking about side business startup.

Joined up when Jon @ Wickedfire did too much blow and ran a great forum into the ground.

Someone from reddit recommended checking it out. I was on WF and BHW back in the day.

I was doing some web-surfing and researching for a potential new business idea and remembered stumbling across BHW forums many years ago. I googled it and found this reddit thread talking about if BHW is any good. The commenters all spoke highly of BuSo, so I decided to check out the crash course. And here I am :smile:

I made an account a few years ago after finding it via thefastlaneforum (I think). I'd actually forgotten about it and only started reading again recently after I started getting email with latest threads etc

Without wanting to sound like a brown nose I can't remember the thread exactly but I saw CCarter mention it somewhere and just followed it.

I was googling if a long tailed keyword could win against a high DA/DR site.

So I ended up on this forumpost.
https://www.buildersociety.com/thre...word-the-strong-site-isnt-optimized-for.5594/

Because somewhere in my head I was like "ok this site is named and ranks for (best x to earn money) but it also ranks for (the best way to make money online with affiliate marketing) (example)

So in my mind I was thinking if a site ranks for a longer tailed keyword that I googled but noone have that long tailed keywords as a title maybe I can rank for that with great content and win vs a high DA/DR site.

Well thats how I ended up in this forum. =D
And to be honest, it somehow feels like this forum is the information hub i've been looking for to succeed with my blog/homepage.

The avalanche post for me too - absolutely amazing post - makes total sense and I immediately started building the team (writers, links etc) to commit to it!

Used to be active on Wickedfire. Left the SEO scene for a while and scaled a brick-and-mortar business. That all went to shit in covid so we pivoted the brand to lead gen and referrals, which takes a lot less time to operate (and has a much better margin lol). Got back into SEO and went chasing down where CCarter hangs out these days, which led me here!

Back