Using ChatGPT to Audit Your Content According to Google's Guidelines

Ryuzaki

お前はもう死んでいる
BuSo Pro
Digital Strategist
Degree
I just saw easily one of the smartest SEO moves I've ever encountered. Here's the video which is 6 minutes long (so 3 mins on 2x speed) that I'll also break down below:

So the backstory is people on 4chan realized they could get ChatGPT to not only get around it's inbuilt biases but even expose them by having it create a table ranking political figures between -10 and +10, and it goes exactly how you'd think.

Fast forward and I'm assuming Matt Diggity or some SEO saw this too and it got their brain churning.

Diggity uses the Product Reviews guidelines for his example but it would work for Helpful Content or anything else. He pastes in the guidelines into ChatGPT and asks it to distill it down to the 5 most important points.

From there, he then pastes in a product review and asks ChatGPT to evaluate the article based on those 5 criteria and rate them between 0 and 10. He suggests that anything at a 7 or below be improved.

So for example, the article he pastes in has plenty of "show the reviewer using the product" but it's all in a video which Google can't understand.

At this point he asks ChatGPT to write a piece of content that helps improve that score that you can rewrite or not and plop right under the video to improve this part of the score.

He then suggests creating a spreadsheet of all your posts, with columns for each of the 5 criteria, and drop the scores in. If the article is too long to paste in, he says break it into halves and get the scores and use the highest score for each criteria. Do this and collect all your data, and let the spreadsheet highlight anything at a 7 or below.

Then you set about going through the process of improving the low scores.

The fail point of this is assuming ChatGPT can understand the guidelines good enough to distill it down to the 5 most important points. Based on how much time you have you could do 3 points, 5 points, 7 points, etc. The 2nd fail point is assuming ChatGPT can understand your content well enough and spit out something valuable to add to the article. The issue being if you have 1,000 posts it'll take a long time to do this "right", so you'll have to trust the bot on it.

I have to hand it to whoever thought this up. This is genius-level thinking. I'm super impressed.

That is a pretty cool idea.

Looks like they have of course blocked it from ranking political figures as much as possible and a quick search does not pull up any articles on the topic. I'd be curious about what it was putting out before they put more manual blocks on it.

Looks like they have of course blocked it from ranking political figures as much as possible and a quick search does not pull up any articles on the topic. I'd be curious about what it was putting out before they put more manual blocks on it.
I don't want to derail this thread into this topic, but I did bring it up so it's only fair. I found an example for you. The parts you aren't seeing is them convincing "GPT" to be "DAN" which stood for something like "Does Anything Network" or whatever, a version of itself that doesn't have to abide by the extra rules placed on it. And it would do it.

keyHekY.jpg

I'm assuming anyone compelled to respond about this will all be saying the same thing, so let's get it out of the way. Yes, we can argue that it's getting this bias by reading mainstream media articles, which are undeniably biased, and that the bot itself isn't biased, or we don't know how it defines "impact" or "positive and negative". Doesn't matter, not the point of the thread!

I want to know if anyone goes through the trouble to use the tricks mentioned by Diggity and if it improves their rankings. I feel like combining this with a tool like CORA, Page Optimizer Pro, SurferSEO, Zora, etc... that feels like that's about all that can be done, and that's not really a reasonable amount of time to do that on every article for a sizable website. Smaller 50 page sites are looking so appealing these days, where each post is an absolute killer, like the early Backlinko site.

The only thing I would say is, stop crediting Diggity for something like this.. like it's genius of him.

If you follow any AI/ChatGPT stuff online, this has been happening for a quite some time.

All Diggity did was see what everyone else was doing, and then show you a video to apply it to someone doing SEO to rank, which lots of people were already doing on their own to improve and scale articles/written content... playing with ChatGPT and thinking on their own.

The messenger, isn't always the genius who deserves credit.

Other than that.. kudos to Diggity to showing the masses something. That isn't normally a good thing, though, especially when it comes to SEO.

Normally when the masses jump into something, it gets ruined and burned to the ground.

If you take something people have been doing for a while, rewrap it a bit into a different format, and present it to a couple thousand people that don't know about it... is it really "genuis level thinking" on the part of someone being a messenger with a new spin? Or is it more of.. "hey Im just a messanger showing you something you might not know, with my slight spin, because you aren't into this topic yet"?

Last edited:

Really Cool Script To Evaluate Your Site Content and EEAT​

So Daniel Foley should be credited here but the script works and is quite effective. You'll need Google Sheets and an API Key for ChatGPT

The Script:

const SECRET_KEY = "PUT-YOUR-API-KEY-HERE";
const MAX_TOKENS = 1000
const GPT_MODEL = "text-davinci-003"

function generateOpenAIRequest(prompt, temperature = 0.7, model = GPT_MODEL) {
const url = "https://api[.]openai[.]com/v1/completions";
const payload = {
model: model,
prompt: prompt,
temperature: temperature,
max_tokens: MAX_TOKENS,
};
const options = {
contentType: "application/json",
headers: { Authorization: "Bearer " + SECRET_KEY },
payload: JSON.stringify(payload),
};
const res = JSON.parse(UrlFetchApp.fetch(url, options).getContentText());
return res.choices[0].text.trim();
}

How To Use:

1. Open a new Google sheet, select EXTENSIONS > APP SCRIPTS - copy and paste the script above in and save it.

2. Get a free API key for chatGPT and replace PUT-YOUR-API-KEY-HERE in the script, from the script - remove brackets around the api[.]openai[.]com part of the script

3. Save

4. In Cell A1 paste the following text: - PLEASE NOTE you need to remove the brackets from the URL (linkedin URL shortening)

I would like you to audit content for me based on a URL I specify below. I would like you to audit content as if you were a Google Quality Rater following the rules set out by Google (which you can see here https://developers[.]google.[]com/search/blog/2022/12/google-raters-guidelines-e-e-a-t) in respect of E-E-A-T (experience, expertise, authority and trust) - I would also like you to consider YMYL (your money your life where applicable) and Google medic factors also depending on the content type and nature. I would like you to provide a content quality rating based on a scale of 1 to 10 where 10 is best and 0 is worst. You should take into consideration - how well the content is written, how well it aligns with Google's E-E-A-T guidelines for human quality raters, how well structured the content is, if it makes it clear what is on offer, is it gramatically correct and well written and does it fit the end users intent when comparing the main H1 tag to the body of the content. You should provide clear, actionable recommendations for any areas where the content has an issue as well as guidance to bolster expertise and trust where applicable. You should not self reference and should avoid making any assumptions, the content for you to audit can be found here:

5. In Cell B1 put your URL to audit

6. In Cell C1 put =CONCATENATE(A1,B1)

7. In Cell A3 call the function =generateOpenAIRequest(C1)

Really Cool Script To Evaluate Your Site Content and EEAT​

So Daniel Foley should be credited here but the script works and is quite effective. You'll need Google Sheets and an API Key for ChatGPT
Could you do this for a random article and show us which article it was done on so we can compare the scores vs our personal opinion of the article?

Also, I found some nice prompts that could help optimize content beforehand: https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1wLuXmaHLfXQq_VxJSVS5FpS73ftCqZm5oO682jdctQM/htmlview

Could you do this for a random article and show us which article it was done on so we can compare the scores vs our personal opinion of the article?
I'd love to see this too. There's so much prompt stuff you have to do to get something decent out of the current AI tools just letting it loose you often get something that I wouldn't be happy to publish. I'd be worried running 100-500+ articles through that that 50%+ would fail AI detection and about as many would fail 'human sniff test'.

Back