The Bragging Thread - Inspire A Newbie

Degree
Got some real inspiration here. I'm gonna kick my ass to go to the next level (02:19am in here, couldn't stop reading). I feel like I haven't even started yet.

I made a little over $2K last month ($1700 with Adsense and $400 with ClickBank, only one money site). I want to hit $10k/month up to the middle of the next year. If possible still this year. I guess I just have to work harder and smarter. Put in more hours and start to delegate a lot more.

I guess we all have to start from somewhere :smile:

Degree
If I could jump in a time machine today and visit to my younger self just starting out, these are the few nuggets of wisdom I would share:

• Take VIOLENT action. Stop trying to making things perfect. Things will start out looking ghetto and over time you polish things up and they EVOLVE. But they don't start out that way.

• You will FAIL. A LOT. Failures are the blueprint to success. You should embrace them and learn from them. They will teach you more than success ever will. Learn to LOVE to FAIL.

• Success makes most people fat and lazy. When you're broke and desperate, you take risks and stay focused. Success can be a siren song and distract you from what made you successful.

• Never QUIT. Success is on the other side of a brick wall. You hammer it 99 times and nothing seems to happen. But on the hundredth hit, the first brick falls and the wall crumbles fast.

Will ponder a few more and post later...

Mahjong

山外有山 人外有人
Degree
Some people here are hilariously rich!
Am I in wonderland or something?

I'm very hyped to at least reach 1K a month in the next 3 months max.
After that 5K a month.
10K a month, on and on.

My earning now is approximately $50 a day, doing IM in English just two weeks now.

Degree
A few more things that are worth mentioning that I think are also keys to success:
  • DON'T get afflicted with the addiction to material things. In the IM world, you see people measuring their success based on the things they can buy. This is a wage slave mentality. It's why you see "ballers" posting pictures of a flashy new car and then 2 years later they're posting about having to start over because of some unforeseen business failure. You can buy that flashy car eventually, but a good rule of thumb is, try to make sure it's less than 10% of your net worth. Which leads me to:

• SAVE what you earn. I remember the CEO (maybe ex-CEO now) of GoDaddy making an interesting comment on his rules to success. He said, "the business always gets what the business needs." That's wise advice and naturally you need to reinvest whatever money the business needs to succeed. But as for the rest, SAVE IT. As much as you possibly can. Pretend the bogeyman (in this case, being dirt poor) is constantly chasing you from behind and your mission is to put as much distance between you and the bogeyman as possible.

• It's better to stay HUNGRY and HUMBLE . No matter how successful you think you are, the bogeyman is NEVER far behind. N-E-V-E-R.

Degree
Mahjong, just concentrate on your goals and don't worry about others. People in IM forums talking about how much money they have is a lot like Facebook. You only see the life THEY want you to see. Online rarely = real life.

Degree
My little win is my affiliate site is up over 2,500 keyword positions on Google in 3 months. Traffic starting to roll pretty well and the first sales have started to roll in.

Degree
A few more things that are worth mentioning that I think are also keys to success:
  • DON'T get afflicted with the addiction to material things. In the IM world, you see people measuring their success based on the things they can buy. This is a wage slave mentality. It's why you see "ballers" posting pictures of a flashy new car and then 2 years later they're posting about having to start over because of some unforeseen business failure. You can buy that flashy car eventually, but a good rule of thumb is, try to make sure it's less than 10% of your net worth. Which leads me to:

• SAVE what you earn. I remember the CEO (maybe ex-CEO now) of GoDaddy making an interesting comment on his rules to success. He said, "the business always gets what the business needs." That's wise advice and naturally you need to reinvest whatever money the business needs to succeed. But as for the rest, SAVE IT. As much as you possibly can. Pretend the bogeyman (in this case, being dirt poor) is constantly chasing you from behind and your mission is to put as much distance between you and the bogeyman as possible.

• It's better to stay HUNGRY and HUMBLE . No matter how successful you think you are, the bogeyman is NEVER far behind. N-E-V-E-R.
Some good advice here. I have a family member that moved to work in tax free country for the a number of years. Whilst he was there he taxed himself according to what he would of been taxed back home. Put all that to one side in savings. Smart move.

Degree
Folks... Lets stop posting so much advice. This thread is for bragging.

If I wanted so much preaching I would be in a church. Let the folks have some fun showing some stacks of money ^.^ ... If you want to be frugal you don't need to get rich. Get a 9 to 5 and enjoy your frugal penny stretching lifestyle.

Degree
Soft-launched a new service (IM) yesterday
(sold out in 16h)

Time to scale that shit :D
Jesus christ. That's within 24 hours? How many months of prep and total man hours?

Degree
Here's my own little win.

Only just starting with affiliate stuff.

But here's my August Compared to July.

Clicks up, Orders up, Conversions up, and Earnings up. It's not big numbers but it's a start!

Degree
Nice! How old is this site?
Thank you very much :smile:

The site is almost 2 years old at this point. It's always hovered around 100 uniques a day (majority from Google), however, I've started to notice within the last month(s) that it's been gaining above 200. This past week has been consistently over 200.

Just been adding more content every day/week. Right now I'm in the middle of rebuilding the site and adding some more features to it.

stackcash

I Sell Words
BuSo Pro
Digital Strategist
Degree
I've always thought it to be in poor taste to reveal earnings, and I still won't reveal what I earn in a year. BUT, this summer has been great and I'm proud of myself and my team...so I'll share a little cross section of what's been going on.

I bought this:

WordAgents generated this much revenue over the past 90 days:

I got to talk about SEO Content on stage with marketing managers from WebMD and Gilt:

And... WordAgents got it's first mention in a big publication:

https://www.entrepreneur.com/article/297705#

On top of that.... all of the new authority sites that I started with the proceeds from my case study site are now earning and are seeing major traffic and revenue increases each month. I'm earning an additional $5,000 - $10,000 per month from all the sites combined. Two of the sites have $1mm / year earning potential; so my update next year should be pretty interesting!

And now....a bit of clarity:

When I started my digital marketing career in 2010, I had little to no professional skills at all. I played guitar in hardcore bands and drank a lot of beer.

The point being... ANYONE can reach their goals with enough elbow grease.

If you're not reaching your goals, I would argue that it's due to a lack of effort and NOT a lack of opportunity. Keep moving forward.

stackcash

I Sell Words
BuSo Pro
Digital Strategist
Degree
This is me right now. Did giving up the band come down to sacrifice or did interest fade as your business grew?
Eh. I did this from age 14 to 24ish. Life consisted of basically living in a dingy music studio daily and playing out a few times per week. It was "sustainable" as far as I had four walls and a roof around me, and I could eat fast food. Towards the end of my stint, I realized that I didn't want to be one of those "lifers" that maxes out at $35,000 a year as a roadie once their playing days were over.

Being from LI, I know a lot of people from the "big bands" from the alternative / emo craze in the 2000's. The smart ones opened up cash businesses on Long Island and used their fading fame to catapult their new ventures. The other guys that pushed forward are either stuck touring endlessly to pay the bills, or are living off ASCAP checks in house shares with 6+ other dudes.

So, to answer your question...interest in the lifestyle faded because other opportunities were tossed in my lap. These days, I'm the old dude that shows up at reunion shows by myself. :smile:

Degree
Dude that's just so much money. 90 days? If I made that much USD every 3 years I'd be retired.

Could you paint a picture of what your work week was like leading up to your business starting to roll, and how long it took until it did?

stackcash

I Sell Words
BuSo Pro
Digital Strategist
Degree
Dude that's just so much money. 90 days? If I made that much USD every 3 years I'd be retired.

Could you paint a picture of what your work week was like leading up to your business starting to roll, and how long it took until it did?
Thanks man. That's just revenue, I still had to pay my overhead out of that. In the scheme of things, $50k-$60k a month is pretty normal for a small business. Even if it is above average, I like to make myself think it's shitty so I push harder to grow.

I started digital marketing in 2010 and worked my old day job continuously all the way up to this past January. My days consisted of working the day job from 9-5 weekly, then coming home and working on marketing stuff from 6pm to 10pmish. Did that for a solid 4 years before I started making money that could by considered "more than a side project."