STDDIOT - Stuff That Doesn't Deserve Its Own Thread

Kids, whatever you do, don't get into debt and don't fuck up your health.

That shit will haunt you for the rest of your life.

I can't believe how fucked my chance of a nice payday is because of this.

I live in a high tax country and if I get a payday here, I can expect to pay 50% in tax. Then after that, my creditors will feast, and probably leave me with like 25% of the sale value. Even if I wanted to say fuck you and do something creative, I'd go to jail and get a huge fine, because high tax countries punish tax dissidents way harsher than even people who kill others.

Of course, I could relocate abroad to a nice low country, say Malta, but because I have 4 diagnosis, 2 including nerves, 1 including the spine, and 1 including the brain, my chances of getting private health insurance is basically zero and low tax countries don't have good public health care.

So that's my life as warning and example friends. I dun fucked up.

I don't really see any other option than meddling in mediocricy for the rest of my life, because no one gets rich from hard work, when you can only work 20 hours a week. Doesn't work like that.

Hmmm...

bernard, quite a post. And I think very courageous to come out about the diagnoses and more...

I think, there are still avenues open to you.
A friend of mine has quite a few similar problems (brain tumor), so I can relate a bit (2nd degree).

As I see it, your health is priority number one.
If you can only work 20 hrs a week, that will be it. Take care of yourself.

The payday...
First, accept the "normal payday"l. It will be far from mediocre if you can wing a middle class "good life" with all this. If the income will come in from 20hrs per week, or even passively, even better.

The golden grail... or parts of it
Second, you will have to focus on the golden grail "passive income".
You can start by automating or outsourcing as much work as possible to low income countries.
Not only will you be able to do more than alone, you will also be able to leverage skills you do not have (coding, design, etc etc)

Here I have first end experience, as I outsource software development to Eastern Europe, also did India. Design went either to Europe (different aesthetic for Europeans) or to India.
Passive income... it is not, as I still do all the handholding with the clients.
But the software alone, I could not have done myself.

The approach
Next is thinking about your approach.
What are you going to do?
Will you produce content in niche? Create courses? ebooks?

I think @CCarter did something like an ebook in the past..?

Kids, whatever you do, don't get into debt and don't fuck up your health.

That shit will haunt you for the rest of your life.

I can't believe how fucked my chance of a nice payday is because of this.

I live in a high tax country and if I get a payday here, I can expect to pay 50% in tax. Then after that, my creditors will feast, and probably leave me with like 25% of the sale value. Even if I wanted to say fuck you and do something creative, I'd go to jail and get a huge fine, because high tax countries punish tax dissidents way harsher than even people who kill others.

Of course, I could relocate abroad to a nice low country, say Malta, but because I have 4 diagnosis, 2 including nerves, 1 including the spine, and 1 including the brain, my chances of getting private health insurance is basically zero and low tax countries don't have good public health care.

So that's my life as warning and example friends. I dun fucked up.

I don't really see any other option than meddling in mediocricy for the rest of my life, because no one gets rich from hard work, when you can only work 20 hours a week. Doesn't work like that.
Are there any high-tax countries with socialized healthcare where you could move to and still benefit from? Meaning, is there any countries with a tax rate 5%-10% lower? Not sure if this would be worth the move, but it would be a way to lower your taxes and maintain your access to socialized healthcare.

Hmmm...

bernard, quite a post. And I think very courageous to come out about the diagnoses and more...

I think, there are still avenues open to you.
A friend of mine has quite a few similar problems (brain tumor), so I can relate a bit (2nd degree).

As I see it, your health is priority number one.
If you can only work 20 hrs a week, that will be it. Take care of yourself.

The payday...
First, accept the "normal payday"l. It will be far from mediocre if you can wing a middle class "good life" with all this. If the income will come in from 20hrs per week, or even passively, even better.

The golden grail... or parts of it
Second, you will have to focus on the golden grail "passive income".
You can start by automating or outsourcing as much work as possible to low income countries.
Not only will you be able to do more than alone, you will also be able to leverage skills you do not have (coding, design, etc etc)

Here I have first end experience, as I outsource software development to Eastern Europe, also did India. Design went either to Europe (different aesthetic for Europeans) or to India.
Passive income... it is not, as I still do all the handholding with the clients.
But the software alone, I could not have done myself.

The approach
Next is thinking about your approach.
What are you going to do?
Will you produce content in niche? Create courses? ebooks?

I think @CCarter did something like an ebook in the past..?

Thanks for the concern. Fortunately I do not have a brain tumor, nor am I dying (as far as I'm told), so I'm very grateful for that. I actually very much enjoy life, everything. I do have a constant fear of economic ruin, because I was there and I never want to be there again.

I'm looking into outsourcing, slowly but surely. I work pretty slow with new stuff, but I tend to create good relationships with partners, which last years, so when it gets going, it's usually effective.

Oh, so you're self employed in California? Which part?

I love San Deigo.

Haha.. not even close. I wish the weather was as good and I'd feel a lot more comfortable with both the taxes and the life situation. Unfortunately, it rains most of the year, it's cold and windy. Winters make me feel much worse. I feel pretty good in the summer. I'm looking into wintering spots now. Thailand, Canaries, I hear Mexico is good, but long flight.

Are there any high-tax countries with socialized healthcare where you could move to and still benefit from? Meaning, is there any countries with a tax rate 5%-10% lower? Not sure if this would be worth the move, but it would be a way to lower your taxes and maintain your access to socialized healthcare.

There are several options, but it's not an easy sell, because I'm not 20 something anymore and I'd like to settle, maybe some day a family (or not would also be ok), but yeah there is Malta, which is probably the best or Cyprus, both EU, which makes it easier tax wise. Still you need to spend a lot of time there every year and I just dont feel like it.

How much debt is it? Unless it's 6 figures it shouldn't be too hard to get out of. If you get income up to 20k per month, pay 10k in debt and live off 10k (which is decent). Few years and it's gone.

Or get income to 10k, pay down as much debt as possible. Negotiate with creditors to write off some interest, refinance it (or throw it into the mortgage). If it's credit cards with 20% interest, refinance it into one loan with ie 6%.

If you don't pay it, in most EU countries, you'll go bankrupt, and they lose the money... So they have all to gain by negotiating.

It's nothing to worry about it. Just focus on making more money.

Also debt is necessarily bad. It gives you leverage. Most people can't buy a house without a mortgage, all though owning is cheaper than renting. I pay 800 eur per month in mortgage, VS 1500 eur when I rented.

Most businesses also have debt, it's normal. No company pays a ship,airplane or building cash.

Low-tax countries have a lot of other expenses, if you don't make drug cartel amounts of money. It depends if you want to pay for everything you take for granted where you live, and expensive lawyers to navigate bureaucracy, investment/bond to get visa... or pay tax.

Then health insurance, expensive school, bribes in many countries... Then there are only so many low tax countries, and only a fraction of those which may be pleasant places to live.

For most it's better to just pay your taxes, and focus on making more money. The latter is easier to control.

______

Well even if you have a billion in debt there's hope...

"Björgólfur was the first Icelander to join Forbes magazine's list of the world's richest people in 2005;[11] has been declared "Iceland's first billionaire"; and was ranked as the 249th-richest person in the world by Forbes magazine in 2007—up from 350th the previous year—with a net worth of $3.5 billion.[12]

However, due to the financial crisis of 2007–2010, Björgólfur lost close to his entire fortune and he faced personal bankruptcy with more than $1 billion in debt.[13][14] He then worked out a complex deal with his creditors to pay off his debts while holding on to his key investments. Björgólfur published an autobiography in 2014 about the ordeal and how he was able to work his way back to success. Subsequently, on March 20, 2017, Forbes estimated his net worth at $1.81 billion."
https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Björgólfur_Thor_Björgólfsson

Last edited by a moderator:
I just want to say, im liking seeing the marketplace get more active with quality providers. THAT'S what keeps me coming back shopping around (other than me only goofy drunk posting all the time - which is fun *grins*( i been in buso jail dog, come at me bro! haha). I have bought from several providers here (not with this drunk account/IP address obviously haha) and have been happy with the services provided. Ill keep coming back with my checkbook. thank you.

keep kicking ass guys, thanks again.

It's a really good sign. A lot of established players with good reps. I hope @The Engineer and other mods keep up the quality control.

^^^^ Id like your post if there was a like button bro. (it must be broken here or something)

Last edited:
Bring back the like button in the water cooler! I'm starting a petition. Comment here

I'm going to do a reread of the Crash Course, 3 years after I signed up. I bet there's a lot of stuff I didn't get that now makes sense.

^^^
tenor.gif

I've been slowly coming to this conclusion of this for many years...

99% of humans have it completely wrong. They've been taught a certain way of living that's completely the antithesis of winning.

Poor people equate success with education. Education doesn't mean shit. Elon Musk, who is not a rocket surgeon, is launching rockets into outer space. How does that make sense?

There are a ton of pHDs that are living paycheck to paycheck. How does that make sense?

People go into debt for university degree, walk out with $250K in debt with only an average of $67K a year salary. How does that make sense?

You know who I admire the most - single mothers. They HAVE an natural instinct to do whatever it takes to keep their kid(s) alive. They don't "THINK ABOUT IT" or "contemplate their passion", they do whatever it takes.

If you did whatever it took - how far would you be?

I have the luxury of sitting back and making decisions, I'll never be a single mother. But they, they single mothers, have to do whatever it takes to survive - Period. Whenever I was in that situation, needing to make payroll when you got little money in the bank - the beast comes out.

When the sword is dangling over your head and you have NO OPTION but to succeed or die, that caveman instinct comes out, that killer comes out, the beast comes out. You still have those caveman instincts to survive... This society is trying to docile us all... WAKE UP!

fJXz1rk.gif

Wake the fuck up before you take that permanent sleep motherfuckers!

"You have little time left, and none of it for crap. A fine state. I would say that the best of us always comes out when we are against the wall, when we feel the sword dangling overhead. Personally, I wouldn't have it any other way." - Carlos Castaneda, Tales of Power​

I'm 50,000 feet in the air folks, I don't even want to think about what's going on at the mud level, why would I? How can you have a project that's going for 6 months and hasn't made you a single dollar? Shut that shit down. Stop pretending. This shit isn't for everyone.

The cool thing to do now is be a Warrior of Light. The Warrior of Light's only end is death. If you aren't willing to sacrifice everything you have and everything you love for this path then don't bother.

"If we aren't going for gold than don't waste my time." - Dan Peña

A lot of you are living vicariously through others; through their Instagram feeds, Jocko Wacko (Jocko Willink), Dan Bilzerian... "Quiet lives of desperation"

"Jacko is a great war hero, but what does Jacko getting hunted down by 600 Taliban have anything to do with your life? Nothing. It's just procrastination to not making a cold call. You want to live vicariously through him, it fills up your day." - Dan Peña

I've examined a lot of businesses, successful ones and un-successful ones. There are 2 traits for the successful ones - they either have great marketing or great sales.

Now here is what is interesting, SEO by nature skips around marketing AND sales. Marketing = getting people aware of your brand, Sales = contacting potential buyers.

SEO alone will not work cause it can't get people aware of your brand nor contact potential buyers. SEO is purely reactive, not proactive.

So all the "SEO-only" focused projects fail. Yet you can't figure out why you have no money? Either align your SEO project with marketing or sales, otherwise stay dead in the water. But like, a ton of you people aren't serious. The single mother is serious. She will eat you alive if you were to go up against her.

How does that even make any sense?

You people are so scared to pick up the fucking phone - you miss out on billions of dollars daily.

Fuck.

How long do you think we have left? This is a game of musical chairs and the music is about to stop spinning... I'm 50,000 feet in the air - what the fuck are you doing to obtain greatness?

Wait, do you even want greatness? Are you going to settle for an "also ran"?

"While you two boys were content to sit back and become a couple of also-rans... I wanna take the future. I wanna win. And you don't get there by being some "aw shucks" guy sap. There's no place in business for people like that. Business is war. It's dog eat dog, rat eat rat. If my competitor were drowning, I'd walk over and put a hose right in his mouth. Can you say the same?" -Ray Kroc talking to Mac McDonald

For far too long I've been waiting for this moment... The time has come to ascend. The next rung of the ladder is here.​

^^^
giphy.gif

This:
PYhHjF6.jpg

when i seen this in ccarter's thread i almost died laughing my ass off BWHAHAHA! so funny! my face still hurts from laughing so hard....

SEO what a fucking waste of time.

Edit: Coincidentally I am experimenting with Bing Ads and I think I can make a profit with it, just using my normal blog pages, as long as the commissions are large enough.

Last edited:
I really hate that SEMRush has perfectly illustrated how to win on the interet:

Now, for anyone that can't figure out why their SEO only projects never get any traction... start filling out a job application at McDonalds, cause it's clear. Imagine working on a bad project for 12 months, that never had a chance. With the instant gratification that people are used to most SEO-only focused projects get abandoned anyways.

Now instead of wasting 12 months of your life, you took $500-1000 and spent it on PPC to see if there is potential traction for this project? You would have saved a ton of time and wasted resources to realize whether the idea was bad or not. What's really baffling is a lot of SEO-only projects are so scared to spend a single dollar yet some how have no problem wasting endless time (which you cannot get back) waiting around for Google, looking at Google Analytics, and reading another retarded blog post about SEO.

You know how crazy that is? Fuck....

Now, for anyone that can't figure out why their SEO only projects never get any traction... start filling out a job application at McDonalds, cause it's clear. Imagine working on a bad project for 12 months, that never had a chance. With the instant gratification that people are used to most SEO-only focused projects get abandoned anyways.

Now instead of wasting 12 months of your life, you took $500-1000 and spent it on PPC to see if there is potential traction for this project? You would have saved a ton of time and wasted resources to realize whether the idea was bad or not. What's really baffling is a lot of SEO-only projects are so scared to spend a single dollar yet some how have no problem wasting endless time (which you cannot get back) waiting around for Google, looking at Google Analytics, and reading another retarded blog post about SEO.

Am I an idiot or did the traffic leaking content get removed from the forum? Could've sworn you had a challenge a few years back that people took part in...

Am I an idiot or did the traffic leaking content get removed from the forum? Could've sworn you had a challenge a few years back that people took part in...

Do you know how to use this new technology called a “search function”? I mean, did you even try?

Do you know how to use this new technology called a “search function”? I mean, did you even try?
Indeed I did. I typed in "cc9" which I believe was part of the title of a thread in the traffic leaks challenge that was done in the past.

Indeed I did. I typed in "cc9" which I believe was part of the title of a thread in the traffic leaks challenge that was done in the past.
That's pretty low effort mate. You literally could have gone to Google and typed in "site:buildersociety.com CC9" if nothing came up in the site search. I mean, come on guys. You could have typed in "traffic leak" and selected "search only title".

There is a level of hand-holding that's like... fuck. That's fucking too much.

"If your life depended on it you would figure it out on your own." - Dan Peña​

You should probably think about where you are in life, and the correlation about the level of effort you put in within your life versus wanting everything handed to you. You asking a low-effort question and where you are in life are a DIRECT correlation - it's an underlying psychological problem. "Life on Easy Mode."

I don't agree with @Ryuzaki giving you tacit approval on this low effort. When employees asked me questions they should know first thing I asked them was "Did you Google it?" - and of course their answer was "No", they didn't last long afterwards.

Just your question alone should show you how off-basis you are. Right now you've got access to some of the top minds in marketing... and that is what you ask.

Fuck, when I was coming up I would have killed to be a part of a forum where people were willing to take their time to answer my questions and write "How to Win In Online Marketing" guides for free.

Guys if you put in just 10% more effort in your tasks, in your work, in your life - you would be astronomically further along than you are.

That's pretty low effort mate. You literally could have gone to Google and typed in "site:buildersociety.com CC9" if nothing came up in the site search. I mean, come on guys. You could have typed in "traffic leak" and selected "search only title".

There is a level of hand-holding that's like... fuck. That's fucking too much.

"If your life depended on it you would figure it out on your own." - Dan Peña​

You should probably think about where you are in life, and the correlation about the level of effort you put in within your life versus wanting everything handed to you. You asking a low-effort question and where you are in life are a DIRECT correlation - it's an underlying psychological problem. "Life on Easy Mode."

I don't agree with @Ryuzaki giving you tacit approval on this low effort. When employees asked me questions they should know first thing I asked them was "Did you Google it?" - and of course their answer was "No", they didn't last long afterwards.

Just your question alone should show you how off-basis you are. Right now you've got access to some of the top minds in marketing... and that is what you ask.

Fuck, when I was coming up I would have killed to be a part of a forum where people were willing to take their time to answer my questions and write "How to Win In Online Marketing" guides for free.

Guys if you put in just 10% more effort in your tasks, in your work, in your life - you would be astronomically further along than you are.
You're right- I could've looked harder before asking my question. I wasn't aware of the "site:buildersociety.com" search option, so I'm glad you brought this to my attention. I'll search for things harder in the future so the time that individuals like yourself spend on here is spent contributing more valuable information to those who need it (such as myself).

Until a couple of years, I didn't believe how true this could be when I was into PPC.
My ROI then was around 200%

Now, get this.

I recently sold a site in the same vertical, that generated me upwards of $100,000+ in a year that I ran it

And you know what the ROI on that was?

A WHOPPING 75,359% !!!

The cost included:
- Expired Domain Cost
- Hosting
- Payoneer Commission Fees

And that's all it took! Now, what's your excuse?

so..... my computer/laptop did an update against my will. Now when i go to my files/folders it only shows the icons but not the file names ect.... wtf is going on ? anyone know? Im kidna pissed, i had to go to MS word and control ALL and copy all to just get 2 hrs of sales copy i been working on. It was invisible prior... any help would be much appreciated on this. MS10.

And you've gone through all the different options on View in File Explorer and nothing changes? (Apologies if that is a stupid question for you...)

Back