Solopreneur vs Entrepreneur

I actually watched this video as I was running some cronjobs manually. Waste of 10 mins TBH - only thing dude said was "If you find yourself in a solopreneur change your mindset to "make the jump SOMEHOW" to the entrepreneur mindset. Then he gave a link to his coaching website and told people to contact him about coaching. I personally didn't get anything out of it, but MAYBE the people that didn't know the difference between solopreneur and real business are able to understand the distinctions now.

Realistically there was no meat on the bone on this one.

Overall grade F for eFFort.

Like what?

I don't thing any of us are about to spend 10 minutes of our lives on some random video in a no-context post. Practice some marketing on us at least.

My bad. I'm a little burned out but it's not an excuse for mediocrity.

BREAKDOWN OF VIDEO

The guy in the video talks about the distinctions between an entrepreneur, a solopreneur, and an employee.

The main takeaway for me at least was that a solopreneur and an employee are not that far apart. Solopreneurs, in most cases, pull in the same amount of cash as an employee BUT have wayyyyy more duties that they are responsible for.

These duties include, but are not limited to:

-Handling day to day tasks of your startup
-sales
-marketing
-lawsuits
-tax stuff
-IT

One thing that the guy mentioned that got me thinking was that there are a lot of people who call themselves "entrepreneurs" who are really solopreneurs and that's where they will be for the rest of their lives.

An entrepreneur uses multipliers. A solopreneur, while they might do extremely well, can only reach a certain threshold and that's it.

Most people will never go beyond being solopreneurs even though they want to. They have limited beliefs that stop them from implementing the necessary changes in their business to scale it up. A lot of times, these changes involve having to "give up" certain aspects of your business.

Only two ways to scale. Money and people.

Wish I could be more detailed, but i'm going to call it a night. Like I said, real burned out, going to rest for a few hours before getting back into the grind.

I actually watched this video as I was running some cronjobs manually. Waste of 10 mins TBH - only thing dude said was "If you find yourself in a solopreneur change your mindset to "make the jump SOMEHOW" to the entrepreneur mindset. Then he gave a link to his coaching website and told people to contact him about coaching. I personally didn't get anything out of it, but MAYBE the people that didn't know the difference between solopreneur and real business are able to understand the distinctions now.

Realistically there was no meat on the bone on this one.

Overall grade F for eFFort.

Well, no shit you wouldn't get value from it.

Someone of your caliber obviously has a better understanding of these things than someone of my caliber.

I posted it just as a way to get new people, myself included, thinking a little bit about how to make that jump from solopreneur to entrepreneur. And not only the mindset, but also tactics that you have to use to scale your business.

I didn't know where to post it though. Couldn't post it in water cooler because it states "non business" discussion. Wasn't sure if this qualified as non business or not.

Thanks for the rundown, @tufSosa

I agree entirely. A lot of people drive a nail through their foot when building their foundations and can't figure out why they can't move forward. The answer is always because what they chose is a hobby and not a business that scales. A runner-up answer is they have a kung-fu stranglehold of control-freakism over every aspect (guilty as charged).

This is along the same lines as Day 17 in the Crash Course for Outsourcing & Automation. He says the two ways to scale are Money & People, which is the same thing as saying Money & Time (and I'd add Effort in there too). Robots, scripts, bots, templating... there are a lot of non-people ways to offload your work onto another entity. Machines never run out of Effort either.

A great book that takes these concepts to the extreme is The Millionaire Fastlane by M.J. DeMarco.

+1 to the Millionaire Fastlane. It is also a great book to outline the different ways people associate with money and the resulting it affect it has on their life and wealth generation. It will definitely open your eyes to any bad habits and mindsets you have around wealth and the impact it is having on your life.

It also has a great way to approach business from having a long term goal and creating a business 'vehicle' to take you there.

Plus everything mentioned above my Ryuzaki.

It is one of three books I give people if they are looking for something different and possibly looking to start a business.

Does making the jump from solopreneur to entrepreneur include paying someone to write your homework for you?

https://www.buildersociety.com/thre...livered-in-under-7-days.721/page-4#post-28747
Hahahahahaha. Who knows? Maybe?

Jk, that's me being an idiot. I say a lot of stupid shit from time to time. That particular instance, I was deep into the content creation grind, and this (very stupid) idea came into my mind that "If I can get my schoolwork done for me, it would allow me to focus 100% on my online project." Again, it's stupid. For the most part, I try to provide decent content and value. Sometimes i'll throw in a pile of crap.

This is hilarious. Unfortunately, i'm never going to utilize any of those services.

I'm going to relate the idea of getting other people to do your schoolwork with paying other people to write content for your website.

Ok, the reason why I'd never get someone to ACTUALLY do my schoolwork for me is because I wouldn't be confident that they'd do a good job. Anything they produce, i'd produce a hundred times better.

This is ok with schoolwork because iv'e never had to get other's to do my work.

But it is definitely something that I am stressing about when it comes to content creation for my website. I feel that no matter how explicit I am in my instructions, a third party writer would STILL produce work that I am not satisfied with.

They'd produce 80% work while I produce 100% work.

But this goes back to what ryuzaki mentioned when he talks about how the business world moves fast and that online business world moves 10x faster. Sure you can produce 100% work one time that might net you $900. Your competitor can make 80% work 3 times that will net him $500 each time.

It is something that I have to be willing to be ok with.

The content creation for website that is. Not schoolwork. Hahaha.

@tufSosa I didn't really post that so you can go have someone write a paper for you, or even outsourcing content really.

Look at the search results again from a marketer's point of view. Look at the traffic generation strategies, monetization methods, design etc. Lots to learn in that SERP.

Back