So I bought a new office desk. (Post pics of yours or one you want)

contract

We're all gunna mine it brah.
Degree
It wasn't cheap and it isn't small.

A standard executive desk is 30" x 60".

This one is 39" x 120". :D

Technically it's a "dining table", but it's a table at the end of the day and going to be used in my office. I've been looking for a larger desk and ultimately, there's nothing out there. For more money you just get a more decorative wood desk.

Why the massive size? I need room for a 32" widescreen monitor, photography gear, paperwork/books/magazines, keyboard, mouse/pad, etc. podcasting microphone, etc. If I want to do a podcast with another person or (up to 10 people lol), there's plenty of room. For videos I can clear off my desk, and review even the largest products on there without running out of room.

Post pics of yours or one you want.

prod2510501_E28283340_F

CO16FAL_S845_p172x173_2

+1 for huge desks. I'm using a big piece of kitchen counter that was mounted onto a sturdy metal frame, and a sit/stand desk behind me. I'll take a photo if I get around to tidying up today...

I would post mine, but I would be a bit embarrassed.

I basically took some fold up tables from a church + some I bought at Walmart and pushed them together to make this huge wrap around wall desk that takes up a lot of my office.

Nothing fancy.

I use to use milk crates and a spare door for my last desk.

I'm more into chairs then my desk though.

I basically took some fold up tables
That's what I've found to be the most practical desk. I'd post mine but right now it has anything from truss rod wrenches and other guitar stuff to breadboards, wires, etc and looks like the typical mad scientist setup. Working on the scientist part currently, the mad part comes naturally.

IKEA is good enough for me.
Got three desks setup one main with two monitors and Keyboard.
One side desk hold printer and office supply, second side desk seats a 3D printer.

I showed you guys mine... and you're not gonna show me yours? :mad:

As far as what I might want in the future, I like these:

SlBkueo.jpg

All you have to do is make the table top. The rest you just cut pipe and build whatever you want like lego blocks. You can create parts on top for speakers and a lot more. I want to customize one perfectly for whatever my next office looks like that's custom fit for all of my gear.

I've learned that the 30 degree turn or up to 90 degrees is real nice. I love kicking my feet up in the office at the end of the day and watching a movie on one screen and browsing the net on another.

^^ I had a setup like that once.

When we got into our new house, we had a "closet in a closet". Think a walk in closet that had it's own walk in closet. Yeah, crazy. It even had a window and power outlets.

So I used it as an office. Reminds me a lot of how your's looks now.

I ended up hating it because even with the window ( small octagon one ) there was no ventilation so in the summer I would melt in my chair.

I eventually moved down to the basement. Once my oldest moves out ( maybe in 6 months ) I am going to claim his room as my new office and be back on the main floor.

@Ryuzaki , if I can clean my desk.. I'll take a pic of mine.

With being in a larger basement, I get to have multiple workstations.

This is work station #1 where I record the SERPWoo podcast and write articles/blog posts. Sometimes I day trade on it.

yE36pMz.jpg

If I get tired and need a nap, I sleep on the futon.

Nothing fancy. I don't work here much. Maybe an hour a day at this area.

It's just a small kitchen table we had left over and basic chairs. I meant for it to be uncomfortable to sit at so I am not at it long and just get my work done ( podcasting, day trading, article writing ).

Before anyone asks... yes I am from the south and drink out of mason jars.

Will post work station #2 and #3 later

Section A of work station #2.

I mentioned before I have some fold up tables along a wall as a desk and this is 1 part of that.

It might look like a junk table, but for any of you that have ever sold physical products ( Amazon, own site, etc ) you will see what all this is easily.

Bubble wrap, wrap paper, labels for boxes and products, mylar bags, etc. I even make a lot of my own supplements here ( scales and powders ) and test them on myself before formulating in lab later on to be sold as supplements. I don't talk about this much, but I actually own 50% of a supplement company so before you think I make them in my basement.. I don't. I just make the alpha version first and then later if good, get it formulated in lab to be sold.

Just one section. I'll post section B later...

u8x2sPY.jpg

Section B of work station 2.

Nothing fancy. Just fold up desks. Several computers and monitors ( all doing something different ), etc.

jpFmwEx.jpg

And this is work station #3.

Not the best picture of it, but it's a small section of my back deck.

When it's spring/summer/fall and good weather, nothing beats working outside at that table with the umbrella or gazebo up... or laying with the laptop in your lap in the layouts. Sometimes I take a small break and putt the golf balls that land in my yard back on the greens behind the deck to see if I score a hole in one. The ranger hates it, but it's my land too...

Lots of brilliant ideas came from working here on this part of the deck outside.

dgh09sJ.jpg

I work in a library or in my bed.

When I get some money, I am going to get a thick, solid walnut desk like this:

il_680x540.1151874582_8omo.jpg

I like big desks and I particularly like big dark wood desks.

Mine's like this:
mtOa66T.jpg

Never get a particle board piece of crap. Not only is there not enough space under and between the sides of the desk, but the entire thing starts to wobble after enough time. I guess they aren't supposed to be permanent fixtures like a high quality desk. Good for a few years in college and then just trash it.

New desk arrives in roughly two hours! :D

Has taken over a month to get it delivered from RH. :wonder:

Standing desk with treadmill has been one of the best purchases I have made in the last couple of years.

Anything specific to look for/you'd buy differently for the treadmill portion? (been on the fence for a couple months, though I've had a standing desk for the last three years)

Anything specific to look for/you'd buy differently for the treadmill portion? (been on the fence for a couple months, though I've had a standing desk for the last three years)

You get what you pay for. Make sure you don't opt for one of the cheaper treadmill models. We had an issue with one of the cheaper ones and we were thankful we made the purchase through Amazon. We ended up returning the cheap model after it started to make a rattling noise and replaced it with the thermotread GT.

You get what you pay for. Make sure you don't opt for one of the cheaper treadmill models. We had an issue with one of the cheaper ones and we were thankful we made the purchase through Amazon. We ended up returning the cheap model after it started to make a rattling noise and replaced it with the thermotread GT.

Really? I was going to order the Titan, Lifespan, or Rebel from Amazon... Ranging from $500 - $1k'ish. You had a bad experience with one of those eh?

That was actually my biggest concern, the noise levels, and is REALLY hard to discern from the reviews. (can I record shit with it running, or is everything going to sound like a jet engine in the background is what I was thinking)

Feel free to private message me an affiliate link if you have one, I'm going to order one of these brands, and appreciate you taking the time to share your experience.

No need for an affiliate link I would rather you start just using smile.amazon.com with a worthy charity selected. The issue we had with one of the cheaper ones was it started to make a rattling sound from the motor and the three people they sent out could not figure out what the issue was. Those motors are self-contained so it's not like they could take it apart and diagnose it. The one we bought is around $1,500 I think and you can really feel the better build quality. The cheaper ones also max out at a lower speed, my GT goes up to 2.x and I remember the cheaper one only hitting 1.5.

Here's my current disaster:

ELRDwcF.jpg

I swear I clear it off weekly and it always ends up looking like this.

I'll probably only buy one more desk in my lifetime. I'm saving my pennies for this or something similar:

IndustriaLux-Sit-Stand-Desk-1200.gif

Last I checked, they start at like $14k. Every one is custom.

https://www.retro.net/shop/industrialux-sit-stand-desk/

^ Clean your desk bro

I was also thinking seeing some of your pictures. Have you considered moving your desk so it faces natural light?

Here's my old home office. Just moved house so setting a new one up as we speak

C9Ks6w4V0AAIvjv.jpg:large

A board with two drawers and then you have a minimalist desk :smile:

2sUI5x5.jpg

The photo is not mine, BTW.

Back