So I bought a new office desk. (Post pics of yours or one you want)

Ryuzaki

女性以上のお金
Staff member
BuSo Pro
Digital Strategist
Degree
What keyboard is that? Looks awesome.
It's a custom Ergodox (I wrote a thread about it here). It has a key grid instead of staggered columns, and I type Dvorak on it instead of Qwerty now too, although with one button I can switch between the two. I set up all kinds of stuff like a Copy button and a Paste button, and I can control my mouse with the keyboard, etc. You can program every key to be any key or combination of them. I built some 15 degree tilt and elevator blocks too, you may be able to tell in the pic.

When I put it together you had to source all the parts from various places. I had to order some internationally. Now I think MassDrop or someone has a kit together.

Degree
Currently I work at my dinner table. Not ideal. My weekly planner is always far away, no space for pens, I have to stop working multiple times a day. My lesson from this: having a dedicated work area is very important.

Ideally I want an L shaped desk: one wing for manual writing, brainstorming, calendar/schedule planning, and another wing for my computer.

My temporary solution will probably be this Micke corner workstation by Ikea. It costs USD 139 in Freedom Land and EUR 149 here in Communist Europe:

It still gives me some storage space, space for the computer, space for my weekly planner, and I like the magnet in the back. The only change I'd make here would be some sort of stand to place my computer higher up and use a wireless keyboard + mouse.

That desk and that simple mod would place me at 95% of satisfaction at a very reasonable price.

darkzerothree

DunkelNullDrei
Degree
Here's my old home office. Just moved house so setting a new one up as we speak

IKEA for the win

Micke is actually pretty small (we have one for my son).
But I think you'd be able to expand it with a table to one side (making an L)

Alternatively, you can buy a desktop and legs at IKEA, too.