Should i remove my web 2.0 links?

Degree
Hello i started my first site a year ago. And for links i ordered some blog comments and also ordered some web 2.0 links from an agency... I am planning on starting link building with white hat methods come january... (guest posting, skyscraper, etc..) my question is that once i get some good natural links, should i remove the old web 2.0 links and blog comments or should i just kepp them? And grow my link whtie hat? Tnx alot

Hi, actually i am a total newbie in building sites and at first i thought that this method was the right way in building links. As i gain more knowledge i understood that white hat is the way to go. At first i thought that it was helping but i can see now that this is just a short term fix and i am in it for the long run. So do you think that i should remove those links once i have new white hat links pointing to my site? Oh btw i am really interested in your service i just cant comment on your thread because i am just a new member here. :smile:

Even I got web 2.0 links for one of my articles a few months back, but it never improved the rankings. Rather I feel it has hurt its rankings in Google. But recently I saw a small jump in its rankings in Bing (it is on the first page there).

How exactly are you planning on removing blog comments?

...asking for a friend.

It's good to keep a clean Backlink Profile :smile:. Once you've started the new backlink strategy, try moving out the old links one by one. Keep a track on your SERP jumps as well, It's not going to do any big harm in the rankings but still, it is better to keep an eye out and multiply your white hat technique to compensate for the loss :smile:

How exactly are you planning on removing blog comments?

...asking for a friend.
Hello i need to figure out that one.. or i can just disavow the links

It's good to keep a clean Backlink Profile :smile:. Once you've started the new backlink strategy, try moving out the old links one by one. Keep a track on your SERP jumps as well, It's not going to do any big harm in the rankings but still, it is better to keep an eye out and multiply your white hat technique to compensate for the loss :smile:
Hi tnx alot sir.. you have given me a very clear answer on what i should do. Tnx alot!

I wouldn't remove any links. Just build new good links. Web 2.0 if done right can provide some nice ranking improvements - of course lots of people have different ideas when they use the term Web 2.0 and I don't know what kind of quality they are or sites you have them on from the small amount of detail you provided. But instead of removing them maybe try updating them with good optimized content, titles, more articles etc.

Removing or disavowing links can sometimes have some serious negative effects. So if you do feel it's absolutely necessary to remove things do it the way Prophet said above. And the point is there are very many factors that determine the quality/impact of a backlink - simply saying Web2.0, blog comments, guest posts, and classifying each in a good or bad category isn't the right type of thinking for successful SEO. They can all be very good, or very bad or anywhere in between based on many factors.

Rebuild the content and change anchors if you have to. We use Web 2.0 to basically just hold our brand names from someone else taking them.

Good luck.

I would not touch previous link built as they are also important for foundation diversity before going to such powerful links.
Having few Web 2.0s and blog comments isn't that bad in my opinion.

Dont waste your time with them unless you know for sure that they're hurting your site.

I would echo what others are saying - leave them alone and build your new links around/on top of the Web 2.0 links.

Back