SERPWoo Podcast Anyone?

@eliquid, dropped some more knowledge bombs the other day. This time, ruthlessly addressing the importance of establishing your core set of values as a guide to your future success.

Podcast 9 - Core Values And Your Sucess

Couldn't come at a better time for me too. I'm about to start back at square one, this time with the Core Value Alignment exercise, to plan my assault on 2018. I'd recommend you all do to.

Well, I just listened to the first one and thoroughly enjoyed it. I have to say, I listen to a lot of podcasts, some from really well known people that I should love to listen to.

I often unsubscribe after 1 episode. Their style just doesn’t work for me. I leave disappointed quite often, thinking I really should like this. But I don’t.

Then you find someone who you’ve never heard of and it just clicks. Humour, a handful of *fucks* thrown into the conversation, some banter and I’m subscribed for the long haul.

Not quite sure what half-assed means anyway. My half-assed is someone else’s top-notch.

I liked what you did in Ep1, will be listening to more tonight

@Jasper68

Thanks. The first one I put a lot of thought into so it prob. came out better than the others up to this latest one #9.

It's kinda like music. First album took the band years to record, so they have a lot of good hits since they worked on them maybe for years.

2nd and 3rd kinda suck since the record company pushed them to go on tour and pop up 2 more albums in 12 months which hurts their writing and playing.

Then once they get the groove ( if they make it that far ) they get perfection in.

I think I finally got that in #9 ( latest one ).

So if you don't like it going into #2-#8, hit #9 and let me know what you think if they got better.

No worries, will listen up and report back.\

I'm kinda lucky that my part time day job at a local gym allows me to listen to podcasts while I pretend to work. Can't wait to start making some dosh from my new site project, but until then, I can educate myself while I'm vacuuming the gym floor :-(

Cheers

That's true about licensing ideas. I forget about that, especially once you've protected your idea with a patent. Execution "realizes" ideas, but it's also akin to trying to protect your idea by staying ahead of the competition, instead of legally protecting yourself and not having to worry too much about it at all. Most of us can't compete on execution anyways, when others have tons of money and employees. If we want to play with the big boys, sometimes the best way is to rent them your ideas.

Podcast 10 made me rethink, or rather flesh out my perception on the subject of Idea vs execution. I've always been biased towards placing execution on a level of higher importance, since I often get too caught up in the idea at the expense of forward progress. Seems like a more optimal position to be in is finding a balance between the two.

That or, it might be more advantageous to be heavily biased towards one at a certain part of the entrepreneurship process, and eventually transitioning in to the other. For example, heavy focus early on with building a solid idea, then transitioning into ruthless execution. Just some ideas the podcast made me ponder about.

This one is important, so pay attention. @eliquid, unlike Batman, is not only the hero we want but the hero we NEED.

This is a fantastic philosophy for life and business. It's one I've felt in the past and leaned towards, but not been able to put into concise words even remotely like this. Better get you some of that #HYFNlife!

Podcast 14 - 3 Seconds To Better Negotiations

I just finished listening to all 3 of the "Striking While the Iron is Hot" series. It's a very serious topic and eliquid makes sure we understand that. Sometimes you get one and only one shot at that perfect moment for explosive growth or even maintaining dominance. We can't let it slip.

I'm about to give the new one a whirl:

Podcast 15 - Easiest Way To Break $10,000 A Month

Edit:
Podcast 14 made me crack up. "I don't want that fucking trinket, I have enough shit in my backpack already."

Sometimes you guys make the podcasts out better than they are so much, that I even re-listen to them myself when I get bored while writing/coding

Podcast 16 - I'm interviewed by Software Legends Podcast

While the show itself is still not public, I got the early release to use for SERPWoo and here. I get asked about SaaS, growing a business, what makes me tick, how I got started, etc.

Some good nuggets if you listen along enough. More for the software startup person than the marketing person, but good overall for anyone to listen to.

Podcast 17 - The Real Expectations When It Comes To SEO

Planning a change at episode 20 guys, so I wanted to get feedback.

Not the BS kind, but brutally honest feedback so I can improve the show. I need to you hurt me and tell me what you hate about it or dislike about it.

Could be things like:

• The show is too infrequent
  • The show sounds horrible ( audio )
  • I talk about the wrong topics
  • Show gets off-topic too much
  • Not enough value is given
  • The intro and outgoing music is annoying
  • You don't interview others
  • I hate Soundcloud or Apple iTunes feed, pick something else
  • Podcast are too short, or too long
  • I only wanna hear from CCarter, not you
  • WTF is a podcast?
  • You say "uhm" and "uh" a lot
  • Half your words sound like you are chewing on marbles when you talk.

Just be real and honest. You wont hurt my feelings. I need the input though to make it better and you guys are the ones I need to hear it from.

So tear me down, so I can build it up.

Thanks
Jason

The main thing I can think of is better frequency.

Your voice, the pacing of things, etc. all sound just fine to me. The value is great. I eat up all those golden nuggets!

The length seems like a good balance to me. Also, Soundcloud is what I normally use.

Interviewing other pros and SMEs would be a nice touch, at least from time to time. Could help appeal to a broader audience, if it's in realms outside of your bread and butter. Even if it's not, it could still help drill down into subjects, getting perspectives from many angles = depth of insight.

I hate to not have more feedback than that, but honestly your podcasts already seem very well put together as is, and I enjoy listening!

If anyone complains about the music, well they were never really serious about learning anyways. LOL

~48M people listen to a podcast at least once per week. So more podcasts = more better. :wink:

I don't think the world will ever be prepared to hear from CCarter directly, and I'm OK with that.
There he goes. One of God's own prototypes.
A high-powered mutant of some kind never even considered for mass production.
Too weird to live, and too rare to die.

― Hunter S. Thompson

I don't think the world will ever be prepared to hear from CCarter directly, and I'm OK with that.

--

@eliquid - I'll say a couple of things - I think the fact that the podcasts aren't scheduled means there is more time put in to each one's topic. It's not rushed in a scheduled format. I feel like if there was one once a week the topics would get generic over time and the answers would be watered down too.

There are very few people willing to talk about the deep trenches of being business owners, the ups and downs, and more importantly not give out generic advice that you hear everywhere else.

One idea I thought about was having a segment that analyzes different business ideas, or marketing tactics that businesses - small, or large, or even people who write in have questions on - cause your mind works radically different than most people. Seeing things from different angles is extremely hard and if you can lend your thought power towards some other people's current situations would take things to a new level IMO.

I did 6 podcasts today.

Once I do a few more, I think I could safely put one out every 2 weeks and have enough of a backlog to make it happen if I need to a little more time to record new ones, while still having material to meet the 2 week deadline.

If this works out, I might move it to 1 a week. Not sure.

Gonna gradually move into those timeframes and see.

Love the old school southern american accent...
So far you preach these paradigm shifts (& i love it)
*go direct, negotiate exclusive deals
*its easy, be creative,strategy matters
*stop going after the same damn thing everyone is doing...
*loved the 1 different uncontested niche ideas you share

• You don't interview others
  • LoL... stop fucking talking about higher education (& financial services lead generation ...how about logistics or some totally weird random shit) again you might have interview others for it
  • A lot more sneaky low level tactics (c'mmon give us those john greene level shit)

File size & audio clarity & duration is just about right

That Work/Life Balance episode was extremely mature and level headed. People need to be realistic with THEMSELVES and define this based on their own needs and lifestyles, not based on what some knucklehead guru claims (a balance they themselves don't or never followed).

Like you, I'm not a young buck any more. And I always emphasize, like you did, that TIME FLIES. Grinding hard is so you can get it all over with and have more free time. It's not about grinding forever and missing out on good stuff in life. We grind in order to have those things. It's easy to forget that, especially with video games teaching people to grind, gurus telling people to grind, Google demanding we grind, and us pushing back when people tell us to work less, because dang-it, we have goals to achieve!

With that being said, I'm guilty of grinding like a plow mule all day long. But the eye is on the prize. If you've been grinding for a decade or longer and aren't making headway, you probably need to change your methods or pivot your business or start outsourcing and automating.

Great episode once again!

My opinion is probably a little different to others because I listen to a LOT of podcasts, hours per day. Pretty much every chore I'm doing, going to the gym or winding down in bed, I really like podcasts and I'm not a big movie or TV fan.

I can't stand introductions. When you're listening to a lot of podcasts they get super annoying. On that last one you did on work/life balance, it took 25 seconds roughly for you to really start talking and almost 2 minutes until the intro is done and you get into the content. I'd rather you just get to it.

The audio is fine but it's not good, I'm fairly confident you're using something like a Snowball mic? Can hear room echo etc. Can get a few really good mics for a few hundred, run it through some software to remove background noise and it'll come out sexy and smooth. Joe Rogan Experience is always a great example of how a relatively simple setup can sound nice with little effort. They use Shure SM7B mics btw.

I like the topics and I LOVE how you bring in personal experiences and kind of get off topic a little, it's never scripted and makes it easier to listen to imo. I like that you mix it up with higher level topics and then actionable tips and details. For selfish reasons, I would absolutely love to hear you talk more about AdWords, especially for beginners. There's a lot of crap out there and I know that you a TRUE expert and there are plenty of us that would love to hear more of your advice. Thanks Jason, still listening to every episode!

Back