SEO Avalanche Technique - Ranking With No Resources

That's vague reply. Why? Simple visitors mean nothing!

This whole thread is talking about starting off from nothing. It’s the second sentence: “It's pretty much how to get started off when you have zero resources, no outreach, no backlink budget, no connections, no secret SEP (search engine pray) sauce, nada.”

If you want to contribute then add your process and/or start a thread to help people out. Because I haven’t seen you add any value so far.

That's vague reply. Why? Simple visitors mean nothing!

1) you can have 2000 visitors and far better RPMs , affiliate revenue ( because its 10x harder entry)
2) or you can have 10.000 and have same revenue / profit as 1)

It's not all about traffic. Stop jerking off on amount of traffic you have. It means nothing. Niche is also important!
What was vague about the reply? He even did the math for you and told you where he goofed.

I mean visitors/sessions/clicks are kind of a huge barrier to entry for most of the decent advertisers out there; Mediavine is now 50k sessions/month and I'm fairly certain they got rid of the 25k sessions for additional sites. Then there's Adthrive at 100k/month.

Also, niche matters? No shit Mufasa.

Is this guy suppose to help people pick their niche and do a full on clustering/siloing of their keywords too?

It's not all about traffic. Stop jerking off on amount of traffic you have. It means nothing. Niche is also important!

This is one of the worst comments I have seen on this forum.

Traffic means nothing, eh?

Option 1 - Let us see your niche with 1 visitor a month, and the amount of money it provides. It's gonna be nothing.

Option 2 - Now let us look at a site with huge traffic numbers from search and the revenue it gets per month.

I'd pick option 2 any day of the week.

Now, let's look at a site doing huge numbers, compared to a site doing low numbers but a good niche....

1. The bigger traffic site is more than likely going to get a HIGHER payout due to it's traffic numbers and the amount of referrals/ads processing it does

2. The bigger site has more leverage and weight when it comes to other negotiations.

3. The bigger site can more likely sell for higher multiples, especially if the traffic it gets is Search.

4. Simply put, most times a larger traffic site wins out over a smaller more niched site, if the owner is smart and uses all their resources. Sometimes a smaller site that is more niched can win out, sometimes.. but that's limited thinking.

More eyeballs = better opportunities. But only if the owner is smart.

I read that awesome post about Avalanche SEO. I have one major question, a big headache actually….

I have a site already planned out and half built. I have chosen main ‘money pages’ which are big articles on the various topics in the niche. Those will be 2-5k words long, and will obviously include a ton of keywords and related subjects.

I have also built a nice list of Avalanche style keywords, low SV, and gonna run them through low fruits analysis to start with the ones with the best chance of ranking.

But then comes the dilemma…

With every avalanche style keyword I look at, I worry about keyword cannibalisation and/or duplicate content issues. All these small KWs are on subjects which will be covered in the site’s main money pages, so aren’t I building a huge great duplicate content site?

I know the answer must be “no”, because this thread makes so much sense and I know it works as a friend told me it does and he’s doing very nicely in SEO. But I’d love if someone could explain where my thinking is wrong.

If my site is about hiking backpacks, and two of my pillar pages are :

- Best Hiking Backpacks
- Hiking Backpack Contents

Wouldn’t it be harmful to write a 0SV (avalanche) post targeting the term “what to put in a hiking backpack”, when I have a pillar page which will at least in part cover that?

TL;DR - Aren’t there risks of keyword cannibalization/dupe content with the Avalanche approach?

TL;DR - Aren’t there risks of keyword cannibalization/dupe content with the Avalanche approach?
Yes. The solution is pretty simple. Know what topics you've posted and don't post them twice (topics, not keywords). If a search query uses different words to deal with the same user intent, then it's the same query. You can manually confirm this by searching both and seeing if the same bundle of 10 sites appears in the top 10, maybe in a different order, maybe not. It's a good practice to check because Google may determine the intents are slightly different.

This was answered already in this post: post #6

If your pages were good and they would already be ranking for the terms you are going after correct? ARE they ranking for those terms? If not than what are you worried about?

If no page from your domain is being served for "Best Hiking Backpacks" nor "Hiking Backpack Contents" - let's get in the SERPs first. Then see how much traffic it brings in.

You need to worry about 2 keyword cannibalizing each other when you have 2 pages ranking going after the same keyword, even then I don't see the problem. Do you believe you are going to get "too much ranking"?

You're overthinking and worried about FUTURE problems when you have the immediate problem of getting in the SERPs.

As @Ryuzaki says, look in the SERPs, if #1 through #10 are the exact same pages for "Best Hiking Backpacks" and the #1 through #10 for "Hiking Backpack Contents", then you can worry about that. That instance would mean Google believes the intent of both terms are the same. But the likelihood is 0% with your example.

This type of thinking is a form of procrastination. It's like saying "IF I make a billion dollars where am I going to park my Ferarri...?", let's get the billion first. I have a feeling the problem will resolve itself.

This was answered already in this post: post #6

If your pages were good and they would already be ranking for the terms you are going after correct? ARE they ranking for those terms? If not than what are you worried about?

If no page from your domain is being served for "Best Hiking Backpacks" nor "Hiking Backpack Contents" - let's get in the SERPs first. Then see how much traffic it brings in.

You need to worry about 2 keyword cannibalizing each other when you have 2 pages ranking going after the same keyword, even then I don't see the problem. Do you believe you are going to get "too much ranking"?

You're overthinking and worried about FUTURE problems when you have the immediate problem of getting in the SERPs.

As @Ryuzaki says, look in the SERPs, if #1 through #10 are the exact same pages for "Best Hiking Backpacks" and the #1 through #10 for "Hiking Backpack Contents", then you can worry about that. That instance would mean Google believes the intent of both terms are the same. But the likelihood is 0% with your example.

This type of thinking is a form of procrastination. It's like saying "IF I make a billion dollars where am I going to park my Ferarri...?", let's get the billion first. I have a feeling the problem will resolve itself.
Ha. I'd have NO problem with parking MY Ferrari! I'd live in the mofo. :D
Thanks. So short version... I am worrying about a GOOD problem (if it ever occurs at all). That makes sense. I had a cannibalized site before and it was a huge nightmare to sort out, so I guess I am a little paranoid about it. I will just get publishing low SV content, and using Ryuzaki's approach of choosing ones I doubt will be covered in even the longest pillar pages, all should be good :smile:
Thanks again both of you.

Hi all, noob here.

Forgive me if this has been answered already, but when we're talking about 'visitors' (as per the original post) Are we referring to 'impressions' or 'clicks' per Google Search Console?

The way I understand it is impressions are every time Google serves up a page in a SERP, whether a human visits the page or not (that would be clicks, obviously).

So with the tier chart that CCarter provided, are we to calculate our daily and monthly traffic based on impressions or clicks and then figure out our level from that? (I'm pretty sure I'll be starting from Level 0 regardless)

Thanks, happy to be here.

Are we referring to 'impressions' or 'clicks' per Google Search Console?

People landing on your website, so clicks. NOT impressions. You should be looking at your analytics not search console.

Thanks for the quick answer, haven't used Google Analytics much compared to GSC. I assume that all the data in GA refers to clicks only? Real human clicks?

I read that awesome post about Avalanche SEO. I have one major question, a big headache actually….

I have a site already planned out and half built. I have chosen main ‘money pages’ which are big articles on the various topics in the niche. Those will be 2-5k words long, and will obviously include a ton of keywords and related subjects.

I have also built a nice list of Avalanche style keywords, low SV, and gonna run them through low fruits analysis to start with the ones with the best chance of ranking.

But then comes the dilemma…

With every avalanche style keyword I look at, I worry about keyword cannibalisation and/or duplicate content issues. All these small KWs are on subjects which will be covered in the site’s main money pages, so aren’t I building a huge great duplicate content site?

I know the answer must be “no”, because this thread makes so much sense and I know it works as a friend told me it does and he’s doing very nicely in SEO. But I’d love if someone could explain where my thinking is wrong.

If my site is about hiking backpacks, and two of my pillar pages are :

- Best Hiking Backpacks
- Hiking Backpack Contents

Wouldn’t it be harmful to write a 0SV (avalanche) post targeting the term “what to put in a hiking backpack”, when I have a pillar page which will at least in part cover that?

If you're using lowfruits anyway, check their excellent clustering report for guidance re. which kw's to include on which page.

I posted this video in the A.I. thread, but it's worth re-posting it here:

Julian added the ChatGPT element that takes this to the next level by having A.I. create the outline as well as evaluate the content you created to make sure it's inline with Google's Helpful content guideline.

To help you guy even more with the ChatGPT aspect, check out Matt Diggity's video on it. @eliquid showed it to me awhile back and I was blown away by his techniques:

If you can come up with your mashed up strategy with this, you can take over niches rather quickly. I've been working on a secret project and testing ranking A.I. content with some WickedFire Ancients - and what they got going on is nuts.

I'll be the first to say, A.I. content rankings. As long as, like the Ancients said, your site has a helpful/useful content classification.

How do you know whether your content is deemed helpful/useful? Well after every algorithm update your website is increasing or at least NOT declining in terms of traffic. If you started seeing declines every algorithm update - your content is not helpful - according to Google and logic.

These guys are showing me traffic volumes of up to 10,000 where they jump into the top 10 positions - ALL A.I. generated AND the content is FLAGGED as A.I. by detection software. I've seen example after example after example to the point - hands down A.I. content can and does rank.

irtgfU2.gif

Back