Quora Traffic Leaking Tip

Degree
Hi folks,

Below is a little trick to find questions on Quora that get a lot of weekly views. Props goes to RealDaddy from BHW where I found it first. This might be common knowledge but anyway, here it is.

1. Log into Quora and go to www.quora.com/ads/account

2. Top right, click on “new campaign”

3. Give it a name, select any of the objective and set a daily maximum budget of $5 (don’t worry, it’ll never spend)

4. On the next page, leave the location targeting empty

5. Click on "Questions":

3EHwwp8.png

6. Then click on bulk add and enter in your target keywords.

7. You'll then get a list of the top questions asked on those topic(s). For example, below are the results for diet-related keywords:

jaqRTJK.png

Make your way down the list to find suitable targets.

Another way is to use ahrefs:

1. Do a search of quora.com

2. Select "top pages" from left-hand menu

3. Enter in your keyword

4. Sort by traffic (these are monthly estimates)

3VMTD3y.png

I'll be honest, if there are already a ton of answers, it'll be tricky to grab the #1 spot unless you can drive traffic to it / buy upvotes. However if you search long enough, you can find a few golden eggs with decent weekly views with only one or two answers. Good luck!

Do you think that answering questions with less weekly views would make it easier to standout from the crowd? Or, should focus be put on attempting to provide the best possible answer to questions with high weekly views?

What's so great is you can also use those questions to create videos then upload them to YouTube and get that traffic. It's perfect for topic research, since if it's is being asked on Quora it is most likely being asked on other platforms.

Do you think that answering questions with less weekly views would make it easier to standout from the crowd? Or, should focus be put on attempting to provide the best possible answer to questions with high weekly views?

I've been focusing on those with the least answers (typically 1, max 2) with weekly views of 50+ so far; took a bit of digging but ended up with a list of 11 so far that I'll give a shot.

I reckon best ones would be the high weekly views, putting in the time to make a great answer + then figure out how to drive traffic to it (bot traffic perhaps?) and upvotes. Doing a search for "buy quora views" and "buy qoura upvotes" do list services, but no idea how trustworthy those are..

Do you use an alias for Quora, or your real name and photo?

I know Quora doesn't like aliases, so if anyone uses one, how do you avoid account suspension?

Fake name + thispersondoesnotexist.com as the picture.

Beef up your profile as well, put in relevant credentials, work experience to make yourself look like an authority.

Have a look at some of the answers to questions in your niche to get ideas and check out their profiles.

Okay thanks! I assumed that's what people did. I almost signed up a few weeks ago but saw how strict Quora was about your profile being legit. Guess their bark is worse than their bite...

Great technique. Very helpful to me actually to dig up some content ideas. One thing I noticed - when I add keywords Quora doesn't show me the weekly views like it does in your screenshot. Know any reason why?

If you use an extension like link gopher you can extract all the URLs quickly too.

Finally started to explore this, finding some gold. Another thing I'm seeing is a lot of the same names show up because the niche isn't too populated with IM yet.
qJVOCE3.jpeg

57k views per month with only 46 answers in broken English and all in my niche? Yeah, I'm going to go through every single one of those answers and put my own in. And I want Quora to let me know every time you answer a new question so I can be right there. You do the research for me.

So far every question can be linked back to a piece of content I already created. If I come across one I can't link to, I'll create the content then link to it.

Good thing my account has some legacy to it. Answers from 2015 and all that.

EDIT: Quora was acting up earlier so I couldn't view the Most Viewed Writers tab on a topic, but there's that too. Totally forgot when I typed up this post.

Last edited:
Has anyone ran into the issue of getting their account locked from answering questions or leaving comments because of their profile name? I don't want to use my real name on Quora (for obvious reasons) but my account got locked after 1 response (that got 157 views in an hour- figures). If I change my profile name, then my profile URL changes, which I'd rather not have happen because it's my brand name.

Did they mention it was because of your name?

Could always create a fake personality to answer the questions.

Did they mention it was because of your name?

Could always create a fake personality to answer the questions.
Yes- they say my account has been locked because of their policy on names and identities. I looked at their "answer" to this issue and I'm seeing mentions of government IDs (drivers license, etc), Facebook accounts, and all kinds of nonsense that can be submitted to Quora to verify my identity. If it's going to be this much of a headache to use their platform I'll just stick to answering questions on Reddit, lol.

Has anyone found issue with many posts which are linking back to your main site, wherein all links are valid but simply getting tripped up by the quantity of links pointing back to your site.

Example, where links arent against quoras terms or spammy:
10 answers linking back to your site
50 answers linking back to your site
100 answers linking back to your site

Anyone had any issues as they approach this at scale?

Anyone try building actual backlinks to Quora questions/answers? Wondering if this helps with visibility outside of the regular on-site upvoting/commenting.

Anyone try building actual backlinks to Quora questions/answers? Wondering if this helps with visibility outside of the regular on-site upvoting/commenting.
I would be surprised if this boosted anything on Quora. That would involve them weighting Q&As via some backlink API.

However, like any web 2.0, the Quora page would get boosted for relevant keywords and by proxy get more views which should boost it within Quora itself.

Back