Post Count to Page 1 Ratio?

Degree
Hey BuSo -

I wonder if there’s a part of Google’s algorithm which determines “no more than 50% of this sites posts will rank page 1 at once” ?

I think there may be a slim chance here, but I’m wondering..

How many of your posts (out of all posts) are on page 1?

Page 1 for what? Their brand name, their short-tails, longtails? Just the longtails alone can go into the hundreds of thousands of variations. Or is there a certain search volume you are using as a criteria? Like keywords with 100k searches monthly?

Is like asking “how many of you are making money?” What’s the qualification for “money” (what’s the settings: $1, $1 million, $1 billion?) or in your scenario for the keywords you want to know are page #1 as a percentage of the site.

And several pages rank for multiple big keywords, do they count for each multiple?

You could find any term that each one of your pages ranks #1 for. I get what you're asking though, it's a legit question I've seen before. A better version of it is "Does Google have a traffic budget allotted for each website," where you're only allowed a certain amount of traffic each month. I'd say no. John Mueller actually said the same when the same question was posed to him last week on the Webmaster Hangout session.

@CCarter
I should have been more specific. I meant how many posts out of overall post count were on page 1 for the targeted query / set of queries. Not all of the long tails etc.

@Ryuzaki
Thanks! That is what I was looking for. Was curious if Google had a traffic throttle for each website but looks like no after your response.

Back