Post Count to Page 1 Ratio?

Degree
Hey BuSo -

I wonder if there’s a part of Google’s algorithm which determines “no more than 50% of this sites posts will rank page 1 at once” ?

I think there may be a slim chance here, but I’m wondering..

How many of your posts (out of all posts) are on page 1?

CCarter

If they cease to believe in u, do u even exist?
Staff member
BuSo Pro
Boot Camp
Digital Strategist
Degree
Page 1 for what? Their brand name, their short-tails, longtails? Just the longtails alone can go into the hundreds of thousands of variations. Or is there a certain search volume you are using as a criteria? Like keywords with 100k searches monthly?

Is like asking “how many of you are making money?” What’s the qualification for “money” (what’s the settings: $1, $1 million, $1 billion?) or in your scenario for the keywords you want to know are page #1 as a percentage of the site.

And several pages rank for multiple big keywords, do they count for each multiple?

Ryuzaki

女性以上のお金
Staff member
BuSo Pro
Digital Strategist
Degree
You could find any term that each one of your pages ranks #1 for. I get what you're asking though, it's a legit question I've seen before. A better version of it is "Does Google have a traffic budget allotted for each website," where you're only allowed a certain amount of traffic each month. I'd say no. John Mueller actually said the same when the same question was posed to him last week on the Webmaster Hangout session.

Degree
@CCarter
I should have been more specific. I meant how many posts out of overall post count were on page 1 for the targeted query / set of queries. Not all of the long tails etc.

@Ryuzaki
Thanks! That is what I was looking for. Was curious if Google had a traffic throttle for each website but looks like no after your response.