Pivoting to social media, but how?

Degree
Hey. Anyone here switched platforms from Google to social? How is your project going? How does your switch happen?

For my industry people use Google for research and if they arrive at your site they’re bottom of purchase funnel. People use social because they’re bored and content there is more lifestyle content. So instead of having the theme be “brand vs brand comparison” it’ll be “hidden beach destinations”

Sounds like lower purchase intent to me. Which I’m not excited about.

The only guy I see on social that’s using it well as a selling platform is https://youtube.com/@TheJetBusiness his content is behind the scene at his business as well as entrepreneurship advice. Great lifestyle content but idk how I can do similar! All help is appreciated.

1st. If you go into anything with the wrong attitude then you'll always fail.

You have to look at it with the same potential energy you saw at the dawn of SEO. Unlimited money, upside, and eyeballs.

Youth is happy because it has the capacity to see beauty. Anyone who keeps the ability to see beauty never grows old. — Franz Kafka

Think about if, if you go in jaded, reluctant, simply looking for the first failure to give you an excuse to say, "See I knew it was a waste of time." - How can you possibly succeed?

Your mindset and attitude is everything for anything you do in life.

2nd. Predator go where the prey is. Watch predators in the wild, they NEVER go cowboy and attack something without stalking and watching the prey first. They study the prey for a long time. A crocodile waits underwater for an unsuspecting or naive prey to take a drink. And only then does he attack once he understood the nature of his prey.

If you are selling vacation getaway that might be hard than selling luggage to go on those vacations but going on TikTok is where Genz goes to research places to visit and travel. And they are getting videos from people actually there - so it's more authentic than some blogger talking about the capital and restaurants with very little images or proof they have been there.

You have to think about the reason why Genz prefers this method, thinking like the prey, then see the angle of opportunity.

This is an affiliate marketer having fun and selling: https://www.tiktok.com/t/ZTLhQVqj8/

13.7 million views, 398K+ likes, 7200+ comments, and most interestingly 474K saved bookmarks.

Now are you funny or can get a laugh?

Remember it all comes down to the core of content: Entertain, Info, Educate, Inspire (Polarizing Content: https://www.buildersociety.com/threads/polarizing-content.408/#post-59531)

10 years later the next generation is talking the same thing: https://www.tiktok.com/t/ZPRTAXLd7/

The goals should be branding because you're not gonna get TikTok people going to your website for traffic that just doesn't happen.

If you look at any referring traffic sources for social media, TikTok's not on there for a reason.

People don't go from TikTok and leave the platform to go to your website to buy a product.

On top of that, this is top of the funnel brand recognition and creating brand awareness scenarios. You gotta be in for the long-haul.

Since you were at the bottom of the funnel where the people already have the credit cards out that's a lot easier sell and I was a lot easier but you know Google has pulled the rug on that game.

So you should really be to look at what people in your industry are doing on these platforms and if they're not in on these platforms, you gotta ask yourself why or are they missing an opportunity? Just don't assume that they know what the fuck they're doing they may be just as reluctant as you are.

I going to the situation with my eyes wide-open, trying to figure out the angle that I can attack with, and at the very least trade brand recognition. So someday some IT Junior is in a meeting and someone saying we need a new dashboard to do this, and they saw a video of my make up board and say I know this company they could do it.

Right now I'm doing a test for one of my brands, posting 3 times a day. After a month I'll report back hopefully with great news. My goal isn't views, likes, or comments. It's sales. So I'm attacking it from that angle. We'll see.

I would take the girl's advice - for TikTok at least, measure what you can control - amounts of posts a day you can control. The TikTok algo - not so much.

Also, you should look at reply commenting on Twitter and IG, lots of actions there. Reply with something genuine for a hot topic in your niche and people will start following you. It might help brushing up on Social Media Supremacy - Day 10.

Out of all the major social media site (Facebook, Twitter, Instagram, ect). Which one would you say has done the best to gain you members?

Back