Niche Recruitment Site design idea

Degree
So I have a niche job site with very healthy traffic and pretty much runs on Auto, with two VAs.
But it was built out the lazy way to test out a niche and well, it went off.

Problem is it is updated lie a Blog, and pretty much looks like a blog. With daily Job updates which are pretty much rewritten descriptions. I am ranking for tons of long tail here and there but now I want to consolidate my rankings as "Company+Jobs" or Even "Company + Category + Job"

To make this possible, I want to have a page specific to each Company (Which I already do, and I plan to add refinement), and then have the job listings under the content of the company and SEO this dynamic page which has the static Company content and job listings below. Pretty much like Coupon sites.

One Idea I could use is use the company as a Category, and rank the category posts ( I have done it on another site), but that is not very efficient.

You guy suggest any other solution?

I will use wordpress, and will make use of the existing posts and pages.

Please suggest.
Thanks in advance

You could hack together the loop to do anything you want, such as pulling and displaying posts from several categories, all child pages of a parent page, and even draft posts. Using the built in category description feature could help with ranking it as a category page.

Whichever you do, I'd consider setting up rel=canonicals to the parent page/category. This is why I prefer using drafts in these scenarios, because it doesn't generate an actual individual URL for each post. You may want that though.

The Divi builder plug in by Elegant Themes also lets you put a blog on any page so you wouldn't even need to mess with code and categories if you're looking for a quick solution. It works with pretty much any existing theme [excl ones that have their own page builder probably].

You could just build standard pages for:

/ibm-cloud-jobs
/ibm-mainframe-jobs

Whatever.

Divi lets you style and lay those out as nicely as you like - full on landing page if you want.

Then you just put the blog module where you want, select the relevant categories you want to show, and the layout, number of posts etc you want and it's up and running.

I'm doing that for my local landing pages in my case study, then just including the 'local news' as some more stuff to have on there to make the pages look good.

Back