Newbie Question(s) so dumb, you're afraid to even ask!

Hey quick question about link building, so I was wondering if is there a certain price range the links should be? Like how much would you pay for links on Certain level of DR and Traffic?

----- (merged) -----

Nvm I realized it all depends on links. Anyways I was wondering if I have this low-quality article and I know in your thread Ryuzaki mentioned how removing low quality posts will boost the site up. I 100% agree but, my question is should I still delete it if it internally links to an article I am trying to rank higher on Google? (So say there is 2 sites with 1 article trying to rank. If they have same backlinks, same content quality, wouldn't the one which has more internal links pointing which are low quality posts rank higher or nah?)

I have been improving a few already existing posts I have on my site for the past 1 or 2 weeks and already seeing 300-500$ increase in revenue this month. Also been internal linking a bit which I think should/probably improved my rankings.

Is indexing a new article through Google's Search Console right after posting frowned upon?
Yes, Instant Indexing is meant for News sites and Google has said they would punish for misusing it. Search Console, on the other hand, has had nothing of the sort said about it and the tool is freely available for use however you want, I suppose. I don't think it's good or bad to use it. I don't think it's a good use of your time, though.

You'll hear people sometimes say that it's better to let Google naturally find your content, to be "natural". I don't think it matters how they find it, but I do like to let it happen "naturally" in the sense that I want to see how fast they crawl my site in general, and when they see my sitemap has been updated.

Realistically, on any website that is remotely respectable, you shouldn't need to even consider helping Google find your content. It's what they do and how they make their billions. If they don't crawl and index you frequently, you need more links or possibly more age.

I think I am missing something about the importance of breadcrumbs.

On my website I'm using Yoast. Because I saw breadcrumbs in Google Search Console I assumed that was set-up correctly. Now that Im doing the kitchen sink method it seems that breadcrumbs in Yoast are turned off. However, as I mentioned I still have breadcrumbs in GSC somehow.

My question. How important are breadcrumbs for a blog-like website with a flat structure? I got domain.com/post-slug and each post belongs to one category (which is not visible in the URL).

I read that Google can display the breadcrumbs in the search results, but why would that be useful? Imagine something like this. The post is domain.com/how-to-wash-bmw which is part of the category cars. Why would you want to display domain.com/cars/how-to-wash-bmw in the search results?

When someone lands on a specific page I can imagine that it would be useful to see to which category that page belongs to learn more about the subject, but why do you need breadcrumbs for that? You could just add category next to the published date at the top.

What am I missing here?

How important are breadcrumbs for a blog-like website with a flat structure?
It's not "important" so much as it's useful to the user, even to some minor degree. Which is equivalent to saying that it's probably a measurable bonus, even if minor, to the algorithm.

Now that Im doing the kitchen sink method it seems that breadcrumbs in Yoast are turned off. However, as I mentioned I still have breadcrumbs in GSC somehow.
That's weird. It sounds like the breadcrumb structure is "on" in the sense that something is adding some schema to the page but you may not actually be displaying the breadcrumbs. With Yoast you need to add some actual PHP to your templates (do it in the child theme!)

Why would you want to display domain.com/cars/how-to-wash-bmw in the search results?
That's not what would be displayed. It'd be more like:
domain.com >> cars >> how to wash BMW

It's a nice visual difference that will help you stand out. Let's say it increases your CTR by a measely 0.1%. Across a million impressions that's an extra 1000 pageviews. If your RPM's are $50 that's an extra $50 bucks. That's without counting the extra SERP positions and thus traffic you'll gain by increasing your CTR over a competitor.

Someone built an exact replica of my site translated to a non-English language. The words are a translation of my content. All the images they use are those I own/created, lots of links to my site as well. Should I file a DMCA? Will google think that this is my site in another language?

It's not just a spam scraped site. I'm getting referral traffic from this site daily.

Someone built an exact replica of my site translated to a non-English language. The words are a translation of my content. All the images they use are those I own/created, lots of links to my site as well. Should I file a DMCA? Will google think that this is my site in another language?

It's not just a spam scraped site. I'm getting referral traffic from this site daily.
Is that even possible, usually keywords don't directly transfer between languages?

Should I file a DMCA? Will google think that this is my site in another language?
You are going to need to take care of that immediately. Send notices to their hosting, their domain registrar, everyone you can get in contact with. You need to get rid of that site.

Question about category pages.. I assume you guys have custom category pages.

Until now, I did not use my category pages. All post have categories, but I got custom pages with a grid which only displays posts from a specific category. Visually way more appealing than the standard category page.

However, I want to implement breadcrumbs now. These link to the original ugly category page (domain.com/category/cars/). How do I handle this best?

I though about redirecting domain.com/category/cars/ to domain.com/cars/ (the custom page). Is this a good way? Doesn't this mess with Google trying to understand the site's structure via breadcrumbs?

Google is starting to like me and are indexing my pages within a few hours without me manually doing it. But I have pages that is 5-6 weeks old not showing up on GSC yet for some reason, same thing for you guys?

And I have 7-8 week old articles not moving up or down on positition like GSC is not tracking it or showing where it sits atm. Is that also a comon thing because im not used to it lol.

Question about category pages.. I assume you guys have custom category pages.

Until now, I did not use my category pages. All post have categories, but I got custom pages with a grid which only displays posts from a specific category. Visually way more appealing than the standard category page.

However, I want to implement breadcrumbs now. These link to the original ugly category page (domain.com/category/cars/). How do I handle this best?

I though about redirecting domain.com/category/cars/ to domain.com/cars/ (the custom page). Is this a good way? Doesn't this mess with Google trying to understand the site's structure via breadcrumbs?
Figured it out myself. For others who have the same question; method 3 in the following post did the trick for me:
https://www.buildthatwebsite.com/wordpress-custom-category-archive

For writing articles on my site. Is it beneficial to put more keywords? Or should I stick to only top 3 keywords on semrush?

Hi, Buso

maybe it's just another question, but i need some explanation about redirect aged domain
i found out the 2 site that was build with redirecting aged domain, and when i take a look more:

1. the link from aged domain that pointing to the their new domain it pass the link to the new domain.

Lets say.

time.com > aged domain and when redirecting time.com > aged domain > time.com > new domain

ahrefs / semrush, reading time.com give backlink to new domain.

2. while i found another case, it just redirect Aged domain without sources of the redirect site.

ahrefs / semrush, not reading time.com give backlink to new domain

What is your opinion? and what's good to do about this redirect, do we have to create the website first and create a page that gets a link and then redirects, or what?

Hey guys a noob question:
"google.com/viewfound.php?" I get this url to one of my sites. It has like more things after but I don't wanna share my url.
When I go on it, it shows 404 page. Anyone know how I can find what is causing this 404 page?

When I'm looking to create linkable PR worthy content on new trending topics, I'm finding it difficult to estimate if the topic has any search volume. Tools like Ahrefs seem to lag a bit in estimating keyword volumes of new topics. They show very little to no volume, when clearly the topic is trending heavily in google search. I'm talking about topics like FTX collapse etc. Is there any way to identify keywords on new topics early?

Is there any way to identify keywords on new topics early?

Google Trends. Compare known old keywords with the new trending keywords and make your estimate.

If you know the old keyword is 100,000 monthly searches and one of your new keywords is 50% over that than it is safe to say the new keyword is at 150,000 monthly searches. Use 3+ win total when doing the comparison.

Is this an effective way to spread backlink to like many posts?

Say I create a category page with all these links like 100-200 links pointing to individual pages about 1 topic/cluster. And maybe write some more words so it's not seen as thin content. (But there's no significant keyword for this category page that I am tryna rank on google for.)

If I send backlinks to this page, it would spread link juice to all these pages, right? So would this be a more cost-effective way of just building links to this category page right or no? I am starting to get a few links now and I am buying a ton of content. But I am finding it very confusing as I don't have the budget to get like 1 backlink each month to each one of my articles.

So say I am pumping out 50 or 100 articles, I won't be able to have 1 backlink on all articles. And I understand most would tell me to build links on what makes money but, I am already building backlinks on those.

Do you guys build links on newer articles or no?

If a company provides a free product in exchange for a review, doesn't the link have to be no-follow or sponsored? Is rel=sponsored considered follow or not? I'm having trouble getting the answer. The company wants a follow link (of course).

If a company provides a free product in exchange for a review, doesn't the link have to be no-follow or sponsored? Is rel=sponsored considered follow or not? I'm having trouble getting the answer. The company wants a follow link (of course).
rel="sponsored" is a type of nofollow link. You do not need to also include "nofollow" in the link, though you can and it won't cause a problem.

Yes, you are "supposed" to make the link nofollow if you are being paid or incentivized to post it. However, Google isn't psychic. They don't know if money or products exchanged hands or not unless you're doing something like tagging the post as Sponsored / Guest Post, or saying outright that they gave you the product, etc. You don't need to worry otherwise.

If it's an affiliate link, though, you definitely need to make it nofollow, because it doesn't require any ESP powers to understand that money is being exchanged there.

rel="sponsored" is a type of nofollow link. You do not need to also include "nofollow" in the link, though you can and it won't cause a problem.

Yes, you are "supposed" to make the link nofollow if you are being paid or incentivized to post it. However, Google isn't psychic. They don't know if money or products exchanged hands or not unless you're doing something like tagging the post as Sponsored / Guest Post, or saying outright that they gave you the product, etc. You don't need to worry otherwise.

If it's an affiliate link, though, you definitely need to make it nofollow, because it doesn't require any ESP powers to understand that money is being exchanged there.
Thanks Ryuzaki.

Google isn't psychic, but I can imagine using Gmail as the primary email to negotiate such deals would be a bad idea?

I need to get some colleagues and myself up to date on SEO, what are some of the best SEO courses at a low cost or free that you guys recommend?

I'm currently having two ccTLD included in my hosting package. Now I want to reserve additional ccTLDs from other countries, in case I would like to expand in the future and to avoid that others are taking them.

However, reserving additional ccTLD with my current hosting provider is expensive. I thought about buying them on Namecheap, since it's only a fraction of the price.

Is it possible to transfer domains from Namecheap to my current hosting + domain provider, in case I want to use them?

@Lowrider, you can transfer domain names to different registrars, but most of the time immediately after purchasing or transferring there will be a "lock" where you can't transfer for some period of time. I want to say about 3 months.

What you do need to know is that once you transfer it to your current domain provider, the renewal price will be at their higher price, so you aren't really doing yourself a favor there.

Another thing to realize is you can have your domain at any registrar and point it at any server. You do not have to register the domain with the same company you intend on hosting with. In fact, in all my years I've never done this. Godaddy domains can point to WPX servers. Namecheap domains can point to Knownhost servers. Etc, etc.

Back