Newbie Question(s) so dumb, you're afraid to even ask!

I have 2 email lists:

2000 people who opted in after changing GDPR settings. They are now subscribed to a newsletter.
11000 people who opted in before GDPR, which was also mixed with the 2000 GDPR approved users.

Does anyone know of a simple (Google Sheets?) way to "subtract" the 2000 GDPR approved users from the 11000 person list?

I want to email the 9000 remaining people saying "if you want to opt back in, do x y and z", but don't want to fk up and confuse my 2000 good subscribers.

You can do a vlookup formula on the table of 11k emails to check if they are in the table of 2k emails

Sendy gurus: do you have a go-to newsletter template generator?

I'm on the fence between very basic text based newsletter and image heavy HTML newsletter. Whatever I go with needs to be quick/easy to produce. Ideally it will be semi-automated from my latest Wordpress content (multiple CPTs).

_

Answering my own question for others who might need a similar solution: I used BEE. It doesn't seem perfect but allowed me to create a new newsletter template and get it sent in about 2 hours. A good first step at least.

Real noob stuff: I want to get into rank and rent in a big way - mainly because I have a good process for creating and ranking microsites. I think it's a good fit with my personality... however I don't know about the best way to sell/"rent" them.

I want to avoid having 100 sites all bringing in $250 a month as that means a lot of people to keep happy and more sites to maintain. But surely there's also a happy medium for making an easy sale (massive value, low "rent") vs squeezing every last cent out of it.

If anyone is doing well with this model, how are you pricing it? Are you doing email sales, cold calls, something else?

I'm reaching out for you guys again.

Do you have any recommendations for a "latest post" plugin? Right now I am using Recent Posts Widget With Thumbnails, but it's not exactly what I need.

I am working on a very broad site. When people are in the tech-section of the site, I want the "latest posts" are only in that category. When the visitor is in the health-section of the site, I want the "latest posts" to only show from that section.

Any ideas of a plugin that can do the above?

Thanks!

WebSite Auditor is your best choice

iGomJ8Z.png

I'm a little lost on finding a good tool for tf-idf analysis. Any suggestions?

Question - Why do SEOs need "Indexer Tools"? Software that indexes pages their pages in Google (example - GSA link indexer, Speed Links, Backlink Indexer, etc)

Question - Why do SEOs need "Indexer Tools"? Software that indexes pages their pages in Google (example - GSA link indexer, Speed Links, Backlink Indexer, etc)

I think that's usually for spam, web 2.0's, and low grade PBNs, old posts on old sites with "niche edits," tier 2 and tier 3 links, etc. There's two reasons: 1) Get crap that would never get crawled indexed or re-indexed with the update, 2) Link sellers trying to get their clients results ASAP for good reviews and less complaints.

Most respectable stuff is going to get crawled by Google soon enough without extra prodding, especially if you've set up sitemaps in Search Console, your CMS is using ping services, etc.

@Olov does screamfrog do this?

Not from what I could find. A few days ago I was searching for that function for an hour with no success. With Link-assistant I found it after a minute.

Just saw this. Yes, Screaming Frog can do this. Not sure if it's in the free version though. After you've run the url, go to Visualizations (in the menu bar) then choose one of the "Forced-Directed" diagram options.

So, i've made $11k revenue from the site I discussed in my lab study (business #2):
https://www.buildersociety.com/threads/changed-strategy-team-work-time.4130/

howver, it's only about 4 months old. I KNOW there's a ton of potential but i want to sell to build my 'nest egg' and focus on another project I have brewing..... I always sell projects early if they aren't of ultimate interest to me.

I believe sometimes it's better to sell while the trend is swinging upward... when you dont have a ton of money to sit on yourself ($100k or less).. and in this case, i could knock out a major expense, have money left over, and focus on the new project.

Plus I have just been freshly acquired by 'DFY links' for my SEO company which gives me a new revenue stream as well

So I was wondering,

With $11k revenue but only in 4 months.. Would it be hard to get ~$48k in a sale? 5x the revenue?

The profits are probabl around $7k-$8k .. so it would be more like 7x(or less) x the profit.

With $11k revenue but only in 4 months.. Would it be hard to get ~$48k in a sale? 5x the revenue?

Sounds reasonable but the problem is that you haven't proven stability, but there's nearly always a buyer that won't care, especially since you're asking for a lower than usual price. $11k divided by 4 months is $2,750 a month. You can tend to fetch anywhere from 20x - 36x the monthly revenue. You're asking for 17.5x, which might make up for the lack of history for eager buyers.

Sounds reasonable but the problem is that you haven't proven stability, but there's nearly always a buyer that won't care, especially since you're asking for a lower than usual price. $11k divided by 4 months is $2,750 a month. You can tend to fetch anywhere from 20x - 36x the monthly revenue. You're asking for 17.5x, which might make up for the lack of history for eager buyers.

Usually people want 1 year history right?

Where do you think I could land a sale?

Does anyone have a great example of a large blog (100,000 sessions a day type of site) that has their schema set up perfectly?

I am specifically thinking about the home page.

Individual posts should be simple, but I don't know what schema should be used on the home page. I'm thinking Organization schema makes sense, but don't know if I should also be including BlogPosting (https://schema.org/BlogPosting) as well, as the home page shows snippets of about 10 latest posts.

If someone has a guide, great.. but if not an example will be really helpful.

Does anyone have a great example of a large blog (100,000 sessions a day type of site) that has their schema set up perfectly?

Perfectly, is subjective. I'd say you want to focus more on what info you want to include.

If someone has a guide, great.. but if not an example will be really helpful.

Let's take is straight from the horses mouth: https://developers.google.com/search/docs/data-types/article

On the left this gives you the ones that Google includes in their guide. So, just put as many of those as applicable on each page.

Be sure to use JSON-LD, but if you're in a pinch use Microdata.

Then, use their validator to make sure that you have no errors, no warnings: https://search.google.com/structured-data/testing-tool

Hi Guy's,I don't know if this is the place to post this,anyway, while searching for a term backpack, there's a site that is ranking first,and its robot.txt is blocked, any seo's what's your take?

Hey, have a question: I have a 2 websites ranking for a same keyword in page 1. Would you interlink them between each other? If yes, would you use the same keyword for both of them? Or it is too big footprint? Dont really know how to behave in this situation.
Thank you very much

Hi Guy's,I don't know if this is the place to post this,anyway, while searching for a term backpack, there's a site that is ranking first,and its robot.txt is blocked, any seo's what's your take?

Google claims that, though they'll index pages like this that they can't read, that they won't rank them. During updates, weird stuff happens though and the index not only becomes weird but the overall quality dips until the effects of the update propagate out. I think you'll find that page disappears soon. The only reason it would rank is if a lot of internal page rank is going to that page (they should be using a meta noindex, not robots.txt, and nofollowing those links) and it's a pretty powerful domain.

Hey, have a question: I have a 2 websites ranking for a same keyword in page 1. Would you interlink them between each other? If yes, would you use the same keyword for both of them? Or it is too big footprint? Dont really know how to behave in this situation.
Thank you very much

That in itself is not the big footprint, though I'd use two different longer-tail variations that include the main keyword. You're allowed to own more than one website and you're allowed to link your brands together. But there are signs that it's a manipulation ploy, like when they're on the same server and IP address, same topics going for the same keywords, etc.

I wouldn't risk it. Yes, it would fortify the rankings of those two pages, but you could also just get each page some more links from other sources instead and carry no risk in that regard.

Greetings.
Is anyone active on Wikipedia? I think that one of my sites could be used as reference for some Wiki pages but I'm reluctant to do the edits myself with a new account (already got a site banned in the past...). Do you know if somebody can help me do this for a fee?

@Luxalpha, reach out to @kingofthewiki about this.

Otherwise, I've had zero issues with Wikipedia and have a 100% stick rate so far. It works like anything else. You have to warm up the account and use it, then do your link drop, then use your account some more, link drop, repeat. I really just fix typos whenever I see them when I'm reading random posts.

I tend to dig down into rare topics so there's plenty of opportunity to fix really dumb stuff people put up there. Doing that has let me slide so far. Of course, it helps for the post you're linking to to be really professional on a legitimate site (not saying yours aren't, just stating it for the readers who think they might get away with something silly).

I've been reading a bit about network effects recently. If you don't know what a network effect is the definition is as follows: a phenomenon whereby a product or service gains additional value as more people use it.

The cost to the owner of the network rises linearly but the value generated (a lot of the time by the users themselves, if not always?) rises exponetionally.

An example would be the App Store on the iPhone or similar - more people available to download apps means more apps are created and in turn even more people download the apps. The cycle continues. People don't want to miss out on this, leading to more iPhones being purchased and Apple's revenue goes up without doing too much, relatively speaking.

The trouble is you need a critical mass of users in the first place to to initiate the network effect. If no one is uploading video clips to Youtube then there's no viewer base. Once enough videos are uploaded, however, the traffic comes and more videos are uploaded, etc.

Anyway, I was wondering if anyone had implemented something like this for their own sites, either intentionally or accidentally? My site hasn't reached critial mass yet but I'm wondering if it's something that should be thought about and pounced on once the opportunity arises. A forum on the site is an option but I'm not sure I'm feeling that. Any ideas?

Anyone remember the good old times when Google had that "keyword wheel" in the bottom of serps? You could basically see exactly how Google grouped keywords. Of course, this was before AI and content grouping. What would be the current equivalent?

Where should a complete newbie start when creating a sales funnel? I read the Ahrefs guide and have played with Hubspot before, but I still don't know where to begin.

I want to create a funnel that disqualifies bad leads and qualifies great leads and to do this using as much automation as possible. These leads could come via email, form, or phone.

I think I need some sort of CRM for lead tracking/scoring, but something that also tracks where they are in the funnel. I can also see this as something that can get out of control really fast - I want to keep it simple while I understand the process.

If anyone has a good guide or loves a particular tool I'm excited to check it out.

Is there any way to boost SERP rankings without contextual links?

I am really scared to buy HQ backlinks...

@Rrocks:
  1. Get those links through marketing instead of buying.
  2. Improve your on-page optimization.
  3. Publish content related to the page you want to increase and interlink to it with the right anchor text.
  4. Improve your site's page speed loading times.
  5. Improve your existing interlinking patterns to flow page rank where you want it to go.
  6. Improve your CTR in the SERPs by improving your title tag and meta description.
I'm sure there's more but I'm still drinking my first coffee. All of those except #1 are fairly simple things to do. #1 is simple too but takes more time.

Anyone have tips on partnering up with a salesperson for commission based deals?

We can agree on a % but, these are deals that will happen on the phone after multiple calls/emails. I can track the first call, but after that will lose visibility.

Is it simply a matter of trust? That is, I test working with someone for 3 months, see if they make sales and report them back to me? If it doesn't work out, test with someone else?

Back