Newbie Question(s) so dumb, you're afraid to even ask!

I mean to work using apps daily, manage mail, send files, transfer money ... not gaming

Which Samsung, Xiaomi, Apple or Huawei do you prefer? Any other?

Hi Folks

As a new member here I do have a question that may get shouted down, I'm not too sure.

I've done a search on this site and so far haven't found an answer, but perhaps I'm not using the correct terms.

Here it is
Does anyone know where I can find a list of EMPVs.

I have two sites maturing at the moment. I don't want to start any more and the reason for asking is that I'll using it to weight any decisions I make.

I'll be favouring the site with the better rate, all things being equal, as the one to move forward on.

Any and all help would be welcome.

Thanks

Does anyone know where I can find a list of EMPVs.
Mediavine provides this image in relative terms, not exact figures:

JbbK5bM.png

That's plenty enough data to know which verticals perform better than othres.

Mediavine provides this image in relative terms, not exact figures:

JbbK5bM.png

That's plenty enough data to know which verticals perform better than othres.
Many thanks @Ryuzaki . It certainly helps with the big verticals. All I need to do now is figure out where my niches fit into the bigger picture.
Cheers

Any recommendations for high traffic web hosting?

Siteground wordpress hosting has up to 400k
Knownhost wordpress hosting has up to 500k

What if I anticipate to exceed all of those limits in the next like 2 months? Sorry, I'm doing research on CMS migration (still on wix) but want to move off of it to WP in the coming months. WIX pagespeed is like the balls... lol.

Well, might as well ask here... Anyone have experience on the least painful way to migrate entire site from WIX ~> WordPress?

What if I anticipate to exceed all of those limits in the next like 2 months? Sorry, I'm doing research on CMS migration (still on wix) but want to move off of it to WP in the coming months. WIX pagespeed is like the balls... lol.

Well, might as well ask here... Anyone have experience on the least painful way to migrate entire site from WIX ~> WordPress?
rocket.net has up to 5,000,000

I see alot of sites targeting my long tailed keywords but they end their adress with /app.
Lets say it rank for "how to make your dog look the best in a pyjamas"
They have that in their title but when I click the adress I get directed to a crypto site or what ever.
But this sites still rank in the top 10? Whats that about?

Have you considered a DigitalOcean VPS? Or any other VPS for that matter?

It's cheaper than both the "Wordpress Hosts" you listed and with the right caching functionality in place your site should be able to handle way more traffic than that for a cheap price.

Like @Nabillionaire was inferring, the reason you're running against these ceilings is because you're looking for "Wordpress Hosting", which is supposed to be tuned for Wordpress. Sure, but it costs an arm and a leg for something you can have elsewhere without the extra money. It's a marketing angle to charge more money to unsuspecting newbies who don't know better.

I don't use any hosting service that limits my bandwidth, traffic count, # of database i/o's and other nonsense. The limit should be the hardware in the package, like CPU and RAM essentially. And if I run into that, then I need to upgrade. Everything else is artificial nonsense meant to fleece you for extra money AND it's not any faster or special (usually less-so in my experience working with clients) than a managed VPS of the same price where you can get the same features like Litespeed Cache, Nginx Server, Varnish Caching (eh), etc., with the same level of support.

I see alot of sites targeting my long tailed keywords but they end their adress with /app.
Lets say it rank for "how to make your dog look the best in a pyjamas"
They have that in their title but when I click the adress I get directed to a crypto site or what ever.
But this sites still rank in the top 10? Whats that about?
Sites get hacked and bad guys set up cloaking for Googlebot where Google sees the page about your dog in pajamas, but the user gets redirected to the crypto site. It's called cloaking. Google eventually figures it out and the entire domain gets canned.

Hi,

Is it worth targeting keywords that have a result directly provided by google?

For example, with the broad keyword "park near me", google shows a complete map.

I don't know if the users click on the sites with this kind of result.

Is it worth targeting keywords that have a result directly provided by google?
There is probably some residual traffic to be had, but a fraction of the search volume reported.

If I want to know the weather and Google tells me, I might click into a site if I want more granular details. If I want to know what 4.78 grams is in ounces then I'm not going to click any further.

If I want to see all the parks near me, I'll probably take note of which ones are closest on the map and then see if I can find individual websites for them so I can look at images and events and things like that.

It really depends, but I would expect to not receive even 10% of the reported search volume, considering spot #1 gets about 40% of it.

For example, with the broad keyword "park near me", google shows a complete map.

I don't know if the users click on the sites with this kind of result.
In my experience, the 'near me' impressions and clicks come from other location-specific keyword queries which do not have a Google map or direct answer at the top of the results. (In other words, from pages which are not directly optimised for a 'near me' phrase.) They are also 70% impressions from mobile devices.

Browsing my feed and saw this girl had a sponsored image of just her standing there.

1.4 million views.

Her first post has 3,000 likes and 100+ comments: https://www.instagram.com/p/BkB8mX7ARYw/

Nothing special about these images, not famous, another college female. Even with sponsored posts, how are 3,000 people liking this shit? :neutral: I get it bots, but just seems so bizarre...

It's been up for years, and that's a big account. People will go back and like it. People will find newer posts from her, they'll go look at the older ones, the older ones will get pushed on people's feeds, etc. Her newer posts get 30k - 60k, it would be wild if the older ones didn't get a tenth of that in 4 years.

Is your question really "Why do people like photos of young, pretty, athletic women?"

She's also a college athlete, has done interviews on the news, 8m views on TikTok, etc. Not really just a random account.

Last edited:
Hi, Buso.

i have a question, i have blog that i own and publish an content regularly, since 2-3 month ago, i notice my site was getting no index on certain post after noproblem (indexed) for a while, i wonder why is that happen, now, i found that my new post that i published is not getting index instantly (while the content already posted for a week), usually, when i post new content, the next day is automatically getting index.

also, when i take a look at search console, it said that already index, but when i trying to use site:domain.com/post , it's not getting indexed.

anyone have an experiences related to this?

Last edited:
also, when i take a look at search console, it said that already index, but when i trying to use site:domain.com/post , it's not getting indexed.
Google has told us two things that seem to be true:

1) the site: search operator is not and has never been an accurate count of all of your indexed pages. It doesn't seem to always return a URL that is indexed either. Sometimes searching for the URL or the title in quotes will return the page while the site: search does not.

2) Search Console's Coverage Report is accurate. It is the authoritative word on which of your pages are indexed or not.

We've had this question dozens of times recently because something seems to have changed. I wouldn't say it changed so much as became more noticable. It would appear to me that Google has increased the number of URLs that they're willing to have indexed but not show up in the SERPs.

I don't mean they're indexing more URLs. I mean that they're willing to not show the URL in the SERPs while allowing it to remain in the index. This has always been possible, as seen in the supplemental results you could view at the bottom of the SERPs. "There's 15 pages that we've not shown because they're similar to the ones we are showing" and so forth.

A lot of people are complaining about this issue and the one thing that has seemed to hold true is that their sites are either new, very weak in terms of their backlink profile, or both. Does this describe your site?

We've had this question dozens of times recently because something seems to have changed. I wouldn't say it changed so much as became more noticable. It would appear to me that Google has increased the number of URLs that they're willing to have indexed but not show up in the SERPs.

I don't mean they're indexing more URLs. I mean that they're willing to not show the URL in the SERPs while allowing it to remain in the index. This has always been possible, as seen in the supplemental results you could view at the bottom of the SERPs. "There's 15 pages that we've not shown because they're similar to the ones we are showing" and so forth.

A lot of people are complaining about this issue and the one thing that has seemed to hold true is that their sites are either new, very weak in terms of their backlink profile, or both. Does this describe your site?

Based on what you're saying... the way that I'm interpreting your words is as such:

The content has potential but we'll put you as a reserve on the bench while the star players get to play on the court...

In other words, content probably needs more images... an extra H2 section... or some kind of unique helpful information to give it a little OOMPH to push it over the top.

or some kind of unique helpful information
This is a huge part of it. Most informational articles are literally just rewrites of each other. Dozens or even 100+ of the exact same article targeting any keywords worth targeting. Google doesn't want to have the top 100, let alone the top 10, of every SERP have the exact same set of information in them. That's not helpful to the user.

It doesn't necessarily take new information to break through. You can rearrange that information in new ways, enhance it in some fashion, or even just add on a slight amount of new info by combining info from several articles.

The conundrum is that as soon as you do this and rank, the copy cats will follow and begin rewriting your content. Just gotta keep moving.

Guys, I have a noobie question:

I have a old site, ~5 years old, i neglected it because of health issues, im trying to start it up again. But I dont know if I should invest into content or links as I have limited budget. I have some commercial pages sitting on #9, #15, #13 etc... my plan was 1) buy/build/outreach to get links to those pages, once theyre top three there will be some kind of cashflow with which I can outsource more content

2) invest into content , KGR type and just wait, buy links once those rank

Im tending towards option #1 at the moment. Of course, both content and links would be best I guess.

Question regarding interlinking and content hubs:

For a LOCAL BUSINESS that is attempting to accomplish two separate goals:
  1. Local service page that converts local customers to paying customers
  2. Monetize the blog with display ads in the blog section with informational content

I understand that it would be straight forward if it was JUST #2 where you monetize with display ads based on info content. The structure would be as such:

Clogged toilet = content hub or pillar post
  • Why do toilets clog?
  • How much does it cost to unclog toilets?
  • How do you unclog a toilet?
  • Tips for preventing future toilet clogs
  • DIY toilet unclogging
However since we're trying to accomplish #1 and #2... I was thinking maybe structure like this?

Clogged toilet in Chicago (hub with light content but a lot of links going out to subposts below)
  • Clogged toilet (pillar post super long content)
  • Why do toilets clog?
  • How much does it cost to unclog toilets?
  • How do you unclog a toilet?
  • Tips for preventing future toilet clogs
  • DIY toilet unclogging
I would also link all of the subposts to "clogged toilet" as well as "clogged toilet chicago"

Or should I just have Clogged toilet Chicago <~> Clogged toilet and have all the subposts linking just to "clogged toilet" and not "clogged toilet chicago"?

What is the best practice for this?

-----

I've been checking out local SEO services and got back some proposals and pricing and none of them seem worth it...

One of them was asking for $1,700 a month for a 6 month contract. Basically they'll do new content or optimize an old post at the pace of:
Month 1: 1 post
Month 2: 2 posts
Month 3: 2 posts
Month 4: 1 post + 2 links
Month 5: 0 post + 4 links
Month 6: 0 post + 4 links

That hardly seems worth it... I might as well try to figure it out myself? The content velocity is absymal... I pump out 35-40 articles a month all on my own while holding down a full time job.

What am I even paying these guys to do?

Last edited:
Back with the most epic question again!

Im starting to notice that my "crawled not indexed" are starting to increase but not from posts that I have published, its variations of my published posts ending with like www.xxxxx.com/xxx/feed or /tag.

Is that something to worry about?

Question regarding interlinking and content hubs:

For a LOCAL BUSINESS that is attempting to accomplish two separate goals:
  1. Local service page that converts local customers to paying customers
  2. Monetize the blog with display ads in the blog section with informational content
Either I am running a real life business or I am running a website and monetising it with ads.

If I am a potential client landing on your business site and I see ads, I immediately think a) they are not a serious business, just someone running a website for kicks and pocket money, and/or b) times are so rough for that business that they are having to rent out their website space for ads.

I have never seen a business I would trust running ads for other companies on their own site.

Seriously, if your business conversions from your information pages suck so badly that you are forced into running ads earning comparative pennies, then you need to think about how that business and website is operating.

Either I am running a real life business or I am running a website and monetising it with ads.

If I am a potential client landing on your business site and I see ads, I immediately think a) they are not a serious business, just someone running a website for kicks and pocket money, and/or b) times are so rough for that business that they are having to rent out their website space for ads.

I have never seen a business I would trust running ads for other companies on their own site.

Seriously, if your business conversions from your information pages suck so badly that you are forced into running ads earning comparative pennies, then you need to think about how that business and website is operating.
The static pages have no Ads, only the blog portion.

Back with the most epic question again!

Im starting to notice that my "crawled not indexed" are starting to increase but not from posts that I have published, its variations of my published posts ending with like www.xxxxx.com/xxx/feed or /tag.

Is that something to worry about?
No. Google crawls everything and anything, even implied URLs. They’re just telling you they found something, crawled it, and didn’t index it. RSS feeds are a prime example, as you’ve illustrated.

The static pages have no Ads, only the blog portion.
And how many visitors does the blog have per month?
How much does the blog make per month?
What is the business profit per customer/client?

Back