my final weight loss journey?

This is weird AF for a thread on this forum, but since everyone here is anonymous, I get why you'd need an anonymous place to post your weight. God damn dude, I hope you lose weight. That's not healthy where you're at.

Back in 2018, I had a new year's resolution to get 6 pack abs and did it by August of that year. I read and followed the advice in the ebook The Truth About Six Pack Abs which can be found for free. You need to increase your resting metabolic rate so that you burn more calories throughout the day. You do this by compound exercises. The whole book will make you into a fat burning machine.

Good luck!

Last edited by a moderator:
This is weird AF for a thread on this forum
I thought so. I'll try to update this thread once per week. I don't want to weigh myself every day, since I know this takes a lot of time. I must stay patient. Do you still have the six-pack you worked hard for?

Thank you for your encouragement.

I thought so. I'll try to update this thread once per week. I don't want to weigh myself every day, since I know this takes a lot of time. I must stay patient. Do you still have the six-pack you worked hard for?

Thank you for your encouragement.
Here buddy, let me help you out.

Don't just weigh yourself every week. That's not a realistic way to lose weight. I'm going to state your "job" here in terms of OKRs since I'm really good at OKRs.

Your objective is to get into a healthy BMI while enjoying your lifestyle and exercising regularly. You can achieve that by these key results:
  1. Read the PDF I link to. That is a really good foundation for exercise and diet and weight loss.
  2. Commit to going to the gym four time a week and doing compound exercises targeting major muscle groups each day. It can be something like leg day, back day, arms day, and chest day. Do an ab exercise every day at the gym too as well as one cardio activity like 4x 100m sprints. Jocko Willink's workout program is good. Max OT is good too.
  3. Keep track of your diet and commit to eating clean, unprocessed foods every day while maintaining a calory deficit. Going paleo is easy for this KR.
As long as your calories burn is greater than your calories consumed, you lose weight. Repeat this for 1 year and you'll be at a healthy BMI. It's a lifestyle change.

As for me, no. I realized that keeping my bodyfat at 5% or whatever so that I have visible abs is not worth it. My diet was way too strict and I couldn't have any fun. I live an active lifestyle now and get 300 calories worth of walking most days eaily and go to the gym 2-4 days a week. Last few weeks Ive been slipping.

Week 1: 93.5 kg. I've been following the 'one meal a day' plan, which means I eat once approximately every 24 hours. So, what do I eat? Mainly veggies, meat, bread, and spinach soups. I haven't had any cravings for sweets or pizza.

Here buddy, let me help you out.
Thanks for the tips. Staying off the scale is definitely the way to go. I don't want instant gratification. Weighing myself only once a week will help me remember that this is a long-term goal.

I'm now quite confident that I can do this. The first week wasn’t difficult. My main concern now is the possibility of loose skin. I'm doing research about it because I don’t want to lose so much weight that I end up with a lot of saggy skin.

4 Kgs in 2 weeks is an above average accomplishment.

Make sure you don't go too fast.

I have gone to 6% body fat before.

Right now I'm at 20% BF.

I'm gonna start tomorrow.

Going to the gym and lifting some weights helps.

Although this time I'm short on time and gonna start with just cardio.

Exercise has many other benefits like good mood, focus and mental clarity other than fat loss.

Try to focus on fat loss instead of weight loss, thats what I'm trying to do too.

Our aim should be to maximise fat loss and minimise muscle loss. High protein intake and lifting some weights helps with that.

If eating once a day works for you in the beginning, then great.

I would encourage you to go twice a day(same amount) in some time to boost your metabolism.

Make sur you are getting enough protein and good fats and important micronutrients in your diet along with adequate sleep.

Make sure you are having at least 100 grams of carbs every day to avoid going into Ketosis.
Also at least 1500 calories a day.

Also remember to keep one cheat meal a week where you eat whatever you want. It helps with the mood for keeping the fat off long term.

Congratulations and keep going.

Keep us posted and thanks for the motivation.

Week 3: 90.1 kg.

I've been eating once or twice per day, depending on how hungry I feel.

Also, I've been eating a greater variety, so my plate has gotten larger.

Yesterday, I piled so much food on my plate that I couldn't finish everything.

Yet, I'm not worried about overeating because my plate is still mostly veggies.

I'm eating a few pieces of extra dark chocolate and blueberries with every meal.

I don’t think they contribute much, but I guess every little bit counts.

I'll try to adjust the size of my meals this week.

Let's see if eating less helps me get back to losing weight.

Also at least 1500 calories a day.
I try not to count calories and mostly eat unprocessed foods like veggies and meat.

I feel that it's difficult for me to eat too much if I stay away from refined foods.

Last week, I ate until I felt sick, and it seems that was just enough for me to maintain my weight.

My goal is simply to feel satiated after every meal and stick to the plan of eating one or two meals a day.

Well done, I always start my journet on 1 of april each year to cut down on some fast.
But this year I started at first of march at a weight around 105 kg, but I am also 186 cm long.
For me it is going great.

If you eat veggies and protein like you do now you can easily eat yourself full, no need to even check calories.

Keep us updated. =D

You might be the person making the most headways in this whole forum.
giphy.gif

In all seriousness, keep going @Prose - you got this!

Coming from someone in the struggle (6’1” and gone from 225 -> 205 in the past year or so), you might be able to lose weight now if you had a lot to lose, but your not going to go the distance without counting calories. It’s all calories in and calories out. That’s the metric that matters and if you aren’t measuring it then… that’ll be your answer when you stop making progress.

I wish you the best with it. Good job thus far. It sucks how fast we can pack it on and how long it takes to get it off.

I agree with not dipping below 1500 cals. I tanked my metabolism at one point and had to add a lot of calories to shake things loose again.

but your not going to go the distance without counting calories

Maybe, maybe not.

Will take longer for sure.

I agree that learning to count calories is an important skill to learn, but actually doing it everyday, that's not practically possible for life. It's great to do it for some weeks though, get to know how many calories are in pre-made sauces (just buy Sriracha) and how much is in all that processed junks (potato chips particularly bad). Learn how full you can get on rice and meat vs McDonalds and frieds.

I'd say it's equally important to learn how much actual calories are spent running, walking, lifting.

And weighing yourself daily. That's almost as good as counting calories, cause you learn to connect eating and working out with your weight.

Personally, I was 107 kg at my heaviest, around the time I started on this forum. I'm now around 98 kg and was down to around 96 kg. That's ok, I'd like to lose the last 5 kg, but I also have lifted and runned for 3 years now, so even if I am overweight, muscle and fitness is there. People comment on my physique positively, then do I really care enough to obsess over some goal weight?

That's my personal advice for long term in weight loss, eventually you'll need to stop looking at your target weight and like what you see in the mirror. If you like what you see, then ... that's all that matters.

And nothing is better than lifting and running (or some other cardio) for that. If you can run 10 miles and do 10 pullups then you won't look like a slob anyway.

Week 4: 90.4 kg.

I tried eating two meals a day, but it seems like I can't lose weight that way. I'll try eating only once a day this week because it worked for me before. The first two weeks were difficult, but my approach wasn’t optimal. Previously, I tried to push through the day and eat late in the evening. This time, I’m going to eat during the day.

you can consult a doctor and revert back to what was working.

"Evidence bros" will tell you that thermogenic effect is too small to matter, but "Broscience bros" will tell you that you feel more full with protein for longer, so a calorie is not a calorie.

If you ask me, fitness and nutritional science is overrated, broscience is based on 50 years of nerds taking their craft extremely serious.

Since everyone has their formula... I'll share mine, it's based on four principles:

1. What you see:
Go through your house and THROW OUT everything that is unhealthy. Then keep it the fuck out of your house.

2. What you eat:
Only eat healthy fats, lean protein, and just enough fiber to ensure it reaches the other end.

3. What you do:
Before you leave the house, always eat something (see principle two). Never buy food, snacks, or anything else outside of the house.

4. Measure how much you eat:
It's like anything, what matters gets measured. If you're putting yourself through this, figure out your ideal calorie intake per day based on your activity level. If you want to lose weight cut calories. If you want to gain weight, add calories.

I shared one of this guy's business videos in one of the other threads for his business content... BUT probably the MOST impactful video for me was this video on weight gain/loss... I used it for muscle gain BUT he also talks about weight loss. He's from the fitness industry and sold his gym company for $45mm. So he knows fitness. Maybe it can help you.

Back