my final weight loss journey?

This is weird AF for a thread on this forum, but since everyone here is anonymous, I get why you'd need an anonymous place to post your weight. God damn dude, I hope you lose weight. That's not healthy where you're at.

Back in 2018, I had a new year's resolution to get 6 pack abs and did it by August of that year. I read and followed the advice in the ebook The Truth About Six Pack Abs which can be found for free. You need to increase your resting metabolic rate so that you burn more calories throughout the day. You do this by compound exercises. The whole book will make you into a fat burning machine.

Good luck!

Last edited by a moderator:
This is weird AF for a thread on this forum
I thought so. I'll try to update this thread once per week. I don't want to weigh myself every day, since I know this takes a lot of time. I must stay patient. Do you still have the six-pack you worked hard for?

Thank you for your encouragement.

I thought so. I'll try to update this thread once per week. I don't want to weigh myself every day, since I know this takes a lot of time. I must stay patient. Do you still have the six-pack you worked hard for?

Thank you for your encouragement.
Here buddy, let me help you out.

Don't just weigh yourself every week. That's not a realistic way to lose weight. I'm going to state your "job" here in terms of OKRs since I'm really good at OKRs.

Your objective is to get into a healthy BMI while enjoying your lifestyle and exercising regularly. You can achieve that by these key results:
  1. Read the PDF I link to. That is a really good foundation for exercise and diet and weight loss.
  2. Commit to going to the gym four time a week and doing compound exercises targeting major muscle groups each day. It can be something like leg day, back day, arms day, and chest day. Do an ab exercise every day at the gym too as well as one cardio activity like 4x 100m sprints. Jocko Willink's workout program is good. Max OT is good too.
  3. Keep track of your diet and commit to eating clean, unprocessed foods every day while maintaining a calory deficit. Going paleo is easy for this KR.
As long as your calories burn is greater than your calories consumed, you lose weight. Repeat this for 1 year and you'll be at a healthy BMI. It's a lifestyle change.

As for me, no. I realized that keeping my bodyfat at 5% or whatever so that I have visible abs is not worth it. My diet was way too strict and I couldn't have any fun. I live an active lifestyle now and get 300 calories worth of walking most days eaily and go to the gym 2-4 days a week. Last few weeks Ive been slipping.

Week 1: 93.5 kg. I've been following the 'one meal a day' plan, which means I eat once approximately every 24 hours. So, what do I eat? Mainly veggies, meat, bread, and spinach soups. I haven't had any cravings for sweets or pizza.

Here buddy, let me help you out.
Thanks for the tips. Staying off the scale is definitely the way to go. I don't want instant gratification. Weighing myself only once a week will help me remember that this is a long-term goal.

I'm now quite confident that I can do this. The first week wasn’t difficult. My main concern now is the possibility of loose skin. I'm doing research about it because I don’t want to lose so much weight that I end up with a lot of saggy skin.

4 Kgs in 2 weeks is an above average accomplishment.

Make sure you don't go too fast.

I have gone to 6% body fat before.

Right now I'm at 20% BF.

I'm gonna start tomorrow.

Going to the gym and lifting some weights helps.

Although this time I'm short on time and gonna start with just cardio.

Exercise has many other benefits like good mood, focus and mental clarity other than fat loss.

Try to focus on fat loss instead of weight loss, thats what I'm trying to do too.

Our aim should be to maximise fat loss and minimise muscle loss. High protein intake and lifting some weights helps with that.

If eating once a day works for you in the beginning, then great.

I would encourage you to go twice a day(same amount) in some time to boost your metabolism.

Make sur you are getting enough protein and good fats and important micronutrients in your diet along with adequate sleep.

Make sure you are having at least 100 grams of carbs every day to avoid going into Ketosis.
Also at least 1500 calories a day.

Also remember to keep one cheat meal a week where you eat whatever you want. It helps with the mood for keeping the fat off long term.

Congratulations and keep going.

Keep us posted and thanks for the motivation.

Back