Knownhost Site Migration

The Kloser

BuSo Pro
Degree
Time to upgrade :D...Does Knownhost support help with site migration from HG shared hosting?

Don't know. But I migrated to Knownhost and it wasn't covered. Thought I was gonna have to pay my entire nutsack. But they did the job very quickly and think I only had to pay around $50 for the migration.

From their FAQ:
"Will you migrate my hosting account/websites from another provider?
Yes, as long as your are using the same control panel. Please follow the normal order procedure. Once you receive the welcome email please submit a support ticket through our support portal."

https://www.knownhost.com/frequently-asked-questions.html

So when you order your new server, make sure you're using the same type of control panel that your own one uses and you should be good to go.

Ok. I'll get in touch with them to find out what type of cpanel currently have before scheduling site migration.

@Trankuility What type of hosting did you end up getting?

Got dat SSD-2 mayne. Make sure to use your BuSo code for the discount.

Their service and prices are awesome. Definitely glad I went with them after hearing about the recommendations here.

Oh yeah, they handled a DMCA takedown request much better than my previous host. That might not matter to everyone, but that was big for me.

Heads up, to get the discount with the BuSo coupons, you have to click through the BuSo link and get cookied (yes BuSo gets a commission). But the coupon won't fire without the cookie: https://www.buildersociety.com/go/knownhost

I'm on the VPS-4 for $60 per month for my main project. It handled 4000 live visitors (had to upgrade from VPS-2 after I crashed around 2000 live visitors).

Very pleased. Happy to know that I can handle the front page of Reddit or other big exposures at any time it may happen, as well as have RAM room to toss more sites on the same VPS while I'm not having these traffic leak spikes.

The main benefit to me is fast loading times, time to first byte, etc. I can't stand shared hosting any more.

Got the ball rolling... I now have an opened support ticket to migrate the site over. I hope to get this done ASAP cause HG INODES usage are maxed out and now getting this alert when I log into HG CPanel :D

Over the last few hours, our monitoring systems have identified your account as requiring an inordinate amount of server resources. In order to ensure the continuing operation of both your server and your website, we have temporarily enabled an emergency caching solution to lessen the impact of your website's resource usage..​

I lean on them all the time for setting stuff up and transfering - as long as its cpanel to cpanel you're good. They are awesome all around and not only do they have great prices for hosting but what you get support wise rolled in there is well worth it.

Happy to report the site migration was completed with no issues to report.

You guys were not kidding about the technical support provided. It seams as though they are fighting over who's the fastest to respond to a support ticket...

Happy to report the site migration was completed with no issues to report.

You guys were not kidding about the technical support provided. It seams as though they are fighting over who's the fastest to respond to a support ticket...

Coming from Liquid Web who has live chat support, I was skeptical of Knownhost's email support, thinking it would be way too slow. But after seeing how fast the responses are, I can honestly say that it's essentially like live chat.

@finnegan yeah it really is with the added benefit of that when you're the one who is busy and don't reply for like 6 hours it hasn't closed down you and you have to start again lol. Someone is straight back on it in 30 seconds lol. Really awesome company. I hope they keep it up, I recommend them to everyone... I really should become an affiliate lol.

Back