Introductions Thread

@seogeek Yessiree, I'm a publisher and I'm an affiliate on Amazon as well as for a a few companies with in-house programs.

Welcome to BuSo Romac. There are a lot of talented people here already and things are just getting started, as BuSo is relatively new. Looking forward to hearing more about what you're doing, trials, tribulations etc.

Welcome to the Builder Society!

Are you working in a "dodgy" niche, or one about dogs? I've always considered a site about dogs, but there are so many. I'd want to focus on a specific breed.

What are you thinking about expanding into?

Welcome to the Builder Society!

Are you working in a "dodgy" niche, or one about dogs? I've always considered a site about dogs, but there are so many. I'd want to focus on a specific breed.

What are you thinking about expanding into?
Hey Andreint welcome to the forum!
thanks!

Sorry for not being clear enough :smile: I had a site built around a specific dog breed. "Had" it because just yesterday I sold it for some solid coin :tongue:

Indeed, the whole dog niche is really stuffed and I'd strongly recommend going after a subniche.

I managed to rank #1 for 15k, 6k, 5k and 1k MS terms rather easy with only a couple of solid PBN links and a few of Daniyal's SAPE links.

Was thinking about building couple of similar projects and grouping them under an umbrella authority site. I'll probably give it a go within a couple of weeks.

Hey welcome! That sounds like a cool project. Having it all under one umbrella as an authrotiy site sounds good, if it sticks then you'll have an easier time ranking everything since it will all play off of one another... but you also have a lot more to loose if you're chasing algos so it's a double edged sword. Keep us updated, I'm interested how it goes!!

Hey I'm Travis. I have an offline business and recently just started looking at ways to promote it online. Put up a website... kept waiting for visitors... ZzzZzzZzz nothing happened... "Oh yeah I guess I need to promote it." So much for build it and they will come!! I'm here to be a sponge and learn as much as I can. Hopefully give back eventually too.

Hey Trav welcome to the forum. I read your other threads... Keep digging and you will soon discover there's a lot more to marketing your business online than just SEO.

Hey guys,

I'm a full-time SEO but looking for resources & techniques I can't find in the typical places. I'm not a big time earner yet but I make my living at client seo and do ok. I'd like to really step it up though.

I got here in an indirect way. Have been part of Blackhat Community for a few weeks and got introduced by people there to "daniyal" / "bash" on another forum (BHU) - he's a SAPE reseller. I told him I was in BHC and gave and got a lot of good material there. He said, "BHC is nothing, there are groups with real seo's out there". I pushed for more info and he said to start by joining this forum and to sign up for waiting list at blackhatstacks which isn't open yet and that eventually I could get invited to some private Skype groups where the real earners hang out. So here I am. Looking for a place where I can get (and give) high quality, detailed answers - not generalities. Hopefully this is one of them. .... looking forward to it! Cheers.

If you've arrived this far, you're on the right path... Now the question is, how far down the rabbit hole do you want to go?

Sounds like some warrior forum nonsense to me... "Secret skype groups where all the big earners hang out... Just get on the waiting list..."

giphy.gif

(This isn't just directed to OP but to anyone who might be reading it in the future) Anyone who wants to charge you a membership fee or whatever = that's how they make their money, not through SEO. I'm almost positive a certain "blackhat" has even admitted to that publicly. A grain of sand is advice that's offered from anyone who wants your money....... But that's a given on a marketing forum.

By the way this isn't really an SEO forum. It's a forum for people who are marketing and building. PART of that is seo... but there's so much more to it than that. When you pigeon-hole yourself into seo you miss out on the real fun.

I could go on but I don't want to hurt anyone's feelings.

Last edited:
Hey man welcome to the forum, good to have you here :smile: What sort of client work do you do? What are you looking to learn that will improve that?

@Romac I'm sitting here lmfao because I saw the first version of that post before you edited it. Dude went HAM!!! (There was nothing against OP. I just want to make that clear.)

Hey I've been lurking the forum for a few weeks and finally decided to sign up and start posting. I'm a freelancer who is starting to build a team to help grow my business. I like jazz music, running, dining out and taking naps in the middle of the day.

Welcome to BuSo harris. I'm a freelance programmer/dev myself and am working on the best way to use what I know as a programmer to enhance what I know as a marketer. There is a lot of talent on this forum and I'm happy to be a part of it all. Glad to have you aboard :smile:

Welcome to BuSo Daniel. I'm a member of other forums as well and I'm finding BuSo to be about as good as it gets in terms of quality knowledge exchange. As @Romac said, there's a lot more going on here than SEO. It's all about building online/offline assets, which is really what we're all after anyway. Glad to have you aboard.

I'm Norm. Real name Ryan, but I'll be Norm here.

You might know me as LBOrbit from Wickedfire. I also lurked over at BHU.

As far as building and marketing goes, I have a varied background. Own a few blogs in various niches that do pretty well. Big advocate of the @CCarter traffic leaks method.

Came across this place. Looks to be a lot better of a community than BHU is these days so I decided to sign up.

BHU pretty much died when everyone jumped ship. BuSO is thriving and people are participating and sharing with each other methods that actually work. Welcome Norm.

I like that your first 3 posts have to be in the orientation room. Less guessing for a new user. :smile:

My name is Rob McNelis and I found your site on Reddit. I'm building a community for watch enthusiasts at WatchJudge

Happy to be a member of this community now too!

Hey Rob! I think WatchJudge is a great name. Obviously a niche where a lot of money gets passed around, too. Good stuff man, can't wait to see where this goes. (PS I'm the guy you spoke with on Reddit haha)

By the way... I strongly suggest that you toss your hat into the ring for this: https://www.buildersociety.com/threads/i-need-9.272/

I'm not sure what your experience level is, but even if you've been around the block it will be a great opportunity to learn some creative ways to generate traffic. Real nitty gritty roll up your sleeves marketing, which is important when you have a site where the focus isn't seo.

Last edited by a moderator:
Hey Everyone,

I joined to master traffic leaks. My income is 100% SEO right now (local clients). I don't want to wake up one day to find that Google has destroyed my business.

Since @CCarter is to posting content here, I've decided I should join so I don't miss any of that sweet OC.

His posts always have the pretty ladies which I enjoy very much.

Never bother reading the walls o'text he shoehorns around them though.

I wonder what he is always going on about?

Maybe you missed the memo, but the CCarter brand is family-friendly now...

I'm not saying he's gone soft, but the only booties he sees now are the ones he knits...
eMeztBQ.jpg

I'm not saying he's losing his edge, but the first C stands for cute puppies...
HDLbSEO.jpg

I'm not saying he's gone mainstream, but I heard he's dating a Kardashian...
8BOmEJj.jpg

I'm not saying he's ready to settle down, but his voice gets higher when he talks on the phone with her...
mkmRYO1.gif

Lol... welcome to the forum.

Good news! Great marketing is timeless, and a lot of what we talk about here will still be relevant when you return to the year 3000.

Nanananananananananananananananana RATMAN!

Good to have ya here, and it's very smart of you to start to diversity away from being completely reliant on SEO. You're in the right place, welcome!

Hello guys,
I'm freelancer too but I've had a few projects going on like Amazon sites, MFA sites etc. I even had my own ebook on ClickBank once (times when you could use adwords to sell CB ebooks). Right now I'm switching from providing services to clients and want to focus entirely on my own websites and projects. What else? I like sport (running, BW exercising, etc), eating good food, reading good book, good movies and usual boring stuff. Ahh also, I love to go out and spend some time in nature, like going to forest for a night. Anyway, great to be here with you and I hope we will have a good time here. Cheers

Hey there, welcome to BuSo!

The good old Clickbank days hahah... My experience with CB lately is vendors selling $100 products, then quietly changing the commission from 75% to the very minimum and stealing my commission. Good times.

It's a great feeling when you can fire your clients, or at least be very selective on the types of projects you take on. Glad you decided to share your journey with us here.

jELqBLp.gif

Here is post #1
I have been working in the health niche for the past couple of years. Currently working on launching my own product, a dietary supplement to be more specific.
Got introduced to this internet marketing game a couple of years ago and have ran with it ever since.
Looking forward to asking many questions to help guide my new found business and optimize my current assets. I have learned a lot over the past couple of years so I will help out where I can, however I consider myself a perpetual noob with LOTS to learn.

Thanks guys!
Well, unfortunately I haven't experienced much of good old Clickbank days. At the time when I started Adwords was slowly getting annoying (but I managed to promote my product... BTW product was a disaster). I feel sorry for you regarding CB experience, some people are just overly greedy bastards. But hey, as old Jewish saying states "greedy loses twice" so fuck'em.

I'm not Italian. "Hello I am a Guido" just came to my mind while introducing myself. It comes from "3 Days to Kill" movie. I like this scene. Anyway, thanks for warm welcome :wink: BTW, I'm Polish.

Back