Introductions Thread

Was talking to a friend on BHW who mentioned about BuSo (as you guys refer to it) and I was literally hooked to some of the posts made by @Ryuzaki

Looking forward to learning some interesting stuff here.
Welcome brah, I used to be on bhw before I was banned for owning 2 accounts. You should def check out this.

Hello All,

I'm a content writer from Asia. I have been working in financial sector doing the menial job to get by in my life. I never felt i belonged in a hierarchy based work culture. However, due to the comfort the job gave i dredged along like a rusty trawler.

Just getting by, untill i met a friend of mine who was in a similar path but suddenly things changed in him there was a fire a motivation in him that transformed him completely.

He would talk of things he wanted to do, achieve in his life but always fell short then move on to something else. It was a similar case with me too till he started doing things in one consistent field for a very long time.

I saw the progress first hand on how exponential progress is made by taking small steps and laser focus than broad steps then loosing the fire altogether.

Here's to everyone who has had a guiding light in form of a friend/family member/teacher/mentor who helped them go further than they thought they could ever go!!

Hello All,

I'm a content writer from Asia. I have been working in financial sector doing the menial job to get by in my life. I never felt i belonged in a hierarchy based work culture. However, due to the comfort the job gave i dredged along like a rusty trawler.

Just getting by, untill i met a friend of mine who was in a similar path but suddenly things changed in him there was a fire a motivation in him that transformed him completely.

He would talk of things he wanted to do, achieve in his life but always fell short then move on to something else. It was a similar case with me too till he started doing things in one consistent field for a very long time.

I saw the progress first hand on how exponential progress is made by taking small steps and laser focus than broad steps then loosing the fire altogether.

Here's to everyone who has had a guiding light in form of a friend/family member/teacher/mentor who helped them go further than they thought they could ever go!!
Welcome to BuSo!

I'm new around here just like you. So far I'm loving the new information I'm getting to read on the journey threads here. You should check them out.

Kind of been out the game for a minute - as far as per digital goes but its time to probably jump back in and I started at my old home on wickedfire, Im an old head there from back in the day. See some of the guys over here, just came across this place while trying to find why that place lost so much traffic, Im sure its tons of reasons but the info I have seen here already is on the up n up.

More about myself - couldnt edit the above post - heres a breakdown of how I got to where I am currently, started learning in about 06, started doing client work and small sites in 08 or so. Started getting pretty well known in my city for SEO work especially although I was heavy into SEM as well. Started doing some consulting for more advanced stuff when the big updates hit in early teens and I had had enough- too much work for something that is not at all in your control which is the issue I still have with SEO. Switched to PPC and help start a business for lead gen for real estate, it did very well and eventually got bought out by a F500. I took that money and then got into real estate buying and renting etc. That is what I do now, so basically semi retired its mostly on auto pilot. But the allure and subversiveness of SEO still pulls at me.

I am fascinated that ppl are still working so hard on it, because when I look at the SERPS now everything organic is so far down the fold, it just seems like it wouldnt be worth it. Maybe I am missing something here but I am looking to jump back in for sure.

If anyone has any property management or real estate investing questions etc feel free to hit me up !

How's it going everyone?
I'm still learning the basics of IM and Online Entrepreneurship.
I have an account with BHW, (please correct me if I cannot mention outside forum sites) and was learning a little bit on that site. Reddit recommended me Builder Society. So instantly, I made an account.
I don't have a goal or a project in mind but I do know that I want to take in all the information and wisdom that Builder Society has to offer. I want to do/create things that lead to my own ideal lifestyle. Reading some stories/journeys are inspiring.

Hello guys, new here. Found some useful thread on SEO and ended up signing up for the platform. My first website I also used similar avalanche method and was able to rank very soon for some search terms. Now trying to replicate it for my second website on product management Product5x

Hi everyone! I have been playing with the idea of building niche sites and getting in on the SEO game for quite a few months now. Stumbled across this forum, and I have to say - absolute bonkers!
I have been thinking about taking the plunge for quite some time now. But there is always that nagging feeling that you're not good enough to be making money on the internet like all the others. There's also the feeling that the people who had to make money are already in the game and it won't be possible for me to start in 2022 and make it. I know I'll never know unless I try but the self critic just doesn't stop, ya know.

But there is always that nagging feeling that you're not good enough to be making money on the internet like all the others.
This is nonsense! You have every right to join us in the current information revolution. Imagine being in any of the industrial revolutions starting in the 1700's and saying the same thing. Yet people to this day, 300+ years later are using the same principals to become wealthy. I guarantee you people thought they missed the boat then and didn't do the work and lost out.

There's also the feeling that the people who had to make money are already in the game and it won't be possible for me to start in 2022 and make it.
This is also nonsense! Every single one of us will start new projects in 2022, 2023, etc. Right there at ground zero with you, and many of us will succeed. You can to, you just have to get past all this fear stuff.

This is nonsense! You have every right to join us in the current information revolution. Imagine being in any of the industrial revolutions starting in the 1700's and saying the same thing. Yet people to this day, 300+ years later are using the same principals to become wealthy. I guarantee you people thought they missed the boat then and didn't do the work and lost out.

This is also nonsense! Every single one of us will start new projects in 2022, 2023, etc. Right there at ground zero with you, and many of us will succeed. You can to, you just have to get past all this fear stuff.
You might not realize this but these words really mean a lot to me! I am currently going through the Digital Strategy Crash Course thread in this forum and will get started right away building. (Fingers crossed!)
Would highly appreciate it if you have any suggestions about other handy resources or any advice in general. Thanks!

Hello fellow builders!

I'm a 35 year old student of knowledge from Virginia who is trying to learn, relearn and refine my skills in internet marketing.

I've done web design (and to some extent internet marketing) since 2014. During this time I've used my skills for other people's business (on multiple occasions), for my own business (till this day), and for fun/on a volunteer basis.

I'm here to continue to learn all I can about building businesses online both for myself and clients. I'm currently working on a few projects personally: 1 niche blog with my business partner, I'm testing out a few other things on some personal niche blogs (Programmatic content building, AI content, and headless CMS). I'm also doing some client work as needed to stay sharp, along with learning some more technical application building.

I do project management along with application ux/ui design (with a touch of application development) by day.

I'm excited to be here and know that I will learn a lot being here.

I'm getting back into things after being away for a few years.

I started in internet marketing back in 2005 when I got involved in promoting the adult niche. I did quite well with it, but life got in the way.

I've worked on a few projects here and there since then, and I'm now looking to get back into it full time. It's been a few years since I've taken this seriously, but my schedule is open and I'm excited to start again.

I'd love to refine my SEO skills, content creation and learn the current techniques. I'm excited to see what I can learn and contribute to the community. I've been away for far too long!

No, but I heard the BST is full of fake reviews and the links are not good.
Yeah, that's what I was sort of thinking. I couldn't find one meh or bad review out of hundreds. Red flag.

Cheers

Hi,
I'm Vance, a former web developer and now an online content publisher.

I have built a portfolio of several content websites for three years, which shift from the affiliate vertical to the display ads vertical.

My goal is to bring the portfolio to the next level which can cash six figures monthly.

The game plan in the nutshell is to produce high-quality content (helpful of course) en mass and see what will happen.

Looking forward to learning from everyone.

Hello

I am a small business owner trying to improve my site's ranking on Google. Did some random searches and found Builder Society.

Can you guys recommend some good posts to follow please? I learnt some SEO skills here and there, but don't have an idea where I should focus - and how to do so.

Looking forward to learning from everyone too.

Cheers

Hi guys,

my name is Kay and I'm an entrepreneur. Although my education and interests were in graphic design, digital marketing and various technologies, I have ended up owning and managing a restaurant for the past seven years. It's good money and I do it seasonally (working for six summer months, the rest of the year I'm free) so I have much time available to focus on myself and some side projects.

My goal is to find something that I can work with to keep myself occupied and make some money during the time my restaurant is closed. I also really like the idea of having a business I only need a laptop to run, from whatever location I want to. It's important that it is something that's not going to die while I have to be dedicated to my core business.

I've made a few websites (shops and blogs mostly) and games (two mobile games, we were even published in the papers) as side businesses in the past, but none of them took off. To be completely honest, I never really went all-in on any of those. I think my skillset is well-suited to make some money online, and I've been on the internet since I was a kid, working as a graphic designer and marketer, web designer and developer (from scratch, wordpress, shopify), a couple of UI/UX and SEO gigs, and even got involved in crypto around 2017. I really like writing and researching, and my personal interests are true-crime and watches.

Looking forward to finding the right questions and answers on this forum and taking my career in a new direction. I want to feel more useful during the winter and reach higher point of financial stability as I recently got a kid, meaning I got another future to secure.

I'd be grateful if anyone can point me in some directions or give recommendations on what I should focus on and where you think I could fit in. Considering everything, I think that SEO + affiliate deals might be the thing for me, but I don't know much about the latter. Feel free to PM me. Cheers!

Hi Everyone, Mike here. I am kinda an OG and have been in Internet Marketing for years, umm decades... I was at some forums that were popular but they kinda fizzled out. (Wickedfire and Abestweb) I worked in-house at some e-commerce companies but always wanted to have more free reign and not have to get everyone's approval to do things.

I work on some SEO and Google Ads for customers but a lot of my own projects.

------

@savat Hey Kay, I was reading your message in full and I had an idea. You say you never went all in on any online businesses. And you run a restaurant that is open half the year. Is it in a location that is slow half the year? Like really hot or cold? Tourist area that really does not make sense to be open year-round.

It sounds like you like food and serving people food. What about considering doing some food mail-order or delivery starting when you are closed down but giving it a strong try for 6 months? Something different but complimentary to what you do at your restaurant. Maybe using the connections and pricing you get now. Maybe your location or kitchen?
Chocolates? Coffee? Deserts? Meal-Kits? Look at what foods people sell on Etsy. You could use that as an avenue but also start an eCommerce site or make it a section on your restaurant's website.

Good Luck!

@savat Hey Kay, I was reading your message in full and I had an idea. You say you never went all in on any online businesses. And you run a restaurant that is open half the year. Is it in a location that is slow half the year? Like really hot or cold? Tourist area that really does not make sense to be open year-round.

It sounds like you like food and serving people food. What about considering doing some food mail-order or delivery starting when you are closed down but giving it a strong try for 6 months? Something different but complimentary to what you do at your restaurant. Maybe using the connections and pricing you get now. Maybe your location or kitchen?
Chocolates? Coffee? Deserts? Meal-Kits? Look at what foods people sell on Etsy. You could use that as an avenue but also start an eCommerce site or make it a section on your restaurant's website.

Good Luck!
Hey @mike213, I was just reading your introduction and then saw my name on it haha.

Yes, unfortunately it is a tourist area by the sea. Our city has actually been named 'the champion of the tourism' for the past 5+ years. During the summer, we're the most popular girl in the school, but when the season ends, the city just dies and there's less than 10000 local people living there (and I bet less than 30% are even going out after 4PM, anywhere). The city has many very old and young people, it can be cold and there's not much to do.

Your idea is a great one and complementary to my business, there's just one little problem I didn't mention before - when the season ends, I also move three hour drive away, to the capital of my country. The other problem is that one of the biggest companies in my country (owning bunch of hotels and restaurants) is like 30 minutes away and working on a concept like that for the past few years. They already have huge kitchens, thousands of workers, delivery trucks that deliver all over the country, and crazily low prices from their suppliers. You can order various unprepared and prepared foods, frozen and fresh meals, desserts, drinks, and everything arrives at your door the next day - they don't even charge for shipping over like $30. The thing is that it's actually pretty good and the prices are just so low that you can't prepare those meals cheaper yourself. We have used them when we don't want to cook at home, and even for some bigger parties at the restaurant (appetizers and desserts) and it was always a great experience, which makes me think there's not much room for a small player like me to get involved. What do you think?

An ex-employee of mine now owns a business (in the capital) where he and his mom prepare a bunch of freshly pressed detox juices and sell them all over the country. From what I see, they're doing good with people returning and ordering their stuff a lot, and their products are pretty expensive.

Also, thank you for your help and taking the time to read and answer :smile:

Hi, I'm new here. I started my site 3 years ago. I write about my area of expertise. I didn't know much about technical SEO until I got smacked by recent Google updates. This site has great information from what I've seen, so I hope to learn a lot and contribute.

Hi!

I’m Jan, part-time university student and part-time self-employed as a digital marketing consultant.
Right now, I have multiple projects up, two blogs/authority sites and one rank and rent business site (in German).
I’m hoping to learn a lot more about content creation at scale here, to get my projects to the next level, and to hopefully gain a bit more freedom in the future.

Thanks for welcoming me and all the best,
Jan

Hi all,

I'm a lurker for some time in this forum. Mainly looking for the search section to learn what others have to say about Google updates. I also used the Ryuzaki's Kitchen Sink Method and improved my site a little. (thank you for that awesome guide)

I've been doing websites for 3-4 years. Learned a lot during the years, sold some sites I've made in the beginning. They were not awful but If I look back I've made tons of small mistakes. I've used the money to finance a new site that I primarly work on for some time. It was nice and good but took a hit during the September updates. But I will keep working on it, improving and so on.

Anyway, thank you for this awesome community.

Cheers

Hey all.

Three years ago, I started my first affiliate website, grew it to a low five figure valuation and then had to sell it for personal reasons. Paid off my mortgage and took a break from websites for a year.

Now, I'm ready to go back. I've bought an aged domain a while ago and front loaded it with some content. Now it's seeing some traction and I'm ready to invest what's left of the money I got for the first website. Looking forward to do a case study here and super stoked to be a part of this community.

PS. Did anything change in this game over the course of 2022?

Hey everyone!

So I know absolutely nothing about SEO and building websites, which is strange considering I've been in the content business for almost two decades now (writing, editing, copywriting, design, video production, you name it).

My goal is a bit more long-term as opposed to many of the comments I'm seeing here. I want to, at a much later point, build a really large website about a topic I care about. I believe I should take baby steps, which means I must first build many smaller sites before I am ready to know what it takes to build a massive one.

I currently work as a freelance copywriter/content editor.

About me — I love running and lifting — but not trying to be the best at exercising, as Kenny Powers would put it. I like traveling (for non-Instagram reasons), and I'm also big on motorcycles and cars.

I've heard good things about this site, and look forward to learning and, someday, contributing. I am yet to fully explore the boards, but I will share knowledge on content whenever I get the chance.

That's about it!

Hi everyone! :smile:

My name is Jan and I am from Germany.
I have joined this forum because a quite successful friend has recommended a few threads here.
Turns out the information here is addicting and I have been devouring a lot of threads here the last week.

I have been working on a content website for the last 2 years, following the income school approach. It was going very well this year until the recent algorithm updates hit my site and left me with a 70% decline in traffic.

After reading a few threads here I have noticed how unprofessionally I have handled the whole "content business" thing, so I am trying to improve that.

I have now gotten a 30 day free SEMRush trial, have identified posts that are big in volume but small in traffic, will be building supporting content around these high traffic KWs with the KDR/Avalanche method.

I have 92 posts that I plan to publish until EOY, which will push my site to around 300 posts.
I hope that the traffic will come back next year and I will finally reach MediaVine levels.

Looking forward to the interactions in this forum! :smile:

Cheers,
Jan

Back