I just don't know anymore...

You have a systems problem.

You are working IN your business, instead of ON your business.

When you are able to delegate or automate, you will have something that looks more like a business which will give you the freedom you are looking for.

You can do this as a "freelancer" or doing client work BTW.

1*BG-4rDGsMfv56XJXtZ3mWA.jpeg

Also, check out the e-myth book

I read Koyisaki's "Cashflow Quadrant" while 25 years old in Thailand, being an exchange student. I was playing poker at the time to be able to extend the time I could stay there.

It was a book that really stuck with me despite being so basic. I read a bunch of other books at the time, stuff like NLP and Tony Robbins. I can't remember them, but Koyisaki stuck.

Results may vary, it's better to be an employee in many ways, but if you can't do that, and you feel you have more to give, then Koyisaki is very inspiring.

What's your skillset when it comes to building out sites?

I'm looking to hire a couple of people in that (and grow/flip prep) department, so let me know if that's something that might interest you.

UPDATE: I drove my car alone today and didn't die (only took me 9 months).

UPDATE #2: Increased my hourly fee from $20 to $30 on UpWork on Friday- got 2 calls with prospects tomorrow.

UPDATE #3: Decided to give a serious go at building a website again. I don't like freelance work but if I'm going to get paid $30 an hour then I'll find the strength to do some in combination with working on a website.

UPDATE: I drove my car alone today and didn't die (only took me 9 months).
Haha something similar happened to me, I get the weirdest fears all the time, had to learn psychology to manage those. I drove alone the same day I got the license, the driving school is near home, but I took my parents big car and I don't even remember how I parked it, but when leaving I did a small burnout and scared some people near by.

UPDATE #3: Decided to give a serious go at building a website again. I don't like freelance work but if I'm going to get paid $30 an hour then I'll find the strength to do some in combination with working on a website.
Hmm I think I did read that you were getting like 2k from your freelance ventures.

So here is what I think about it (take my advice with a grain of salt since I don't know the entire situation): If you can raise a bit your hourly rate and reduce as much as you can your expenses and work a bit less on UpWork, even if you have to sell your car and move on bus, live in the cheapest possible house...you really have to commit to it.

You can probably invest enough money and time on an online business to make it profitable. I'm learning that It's really not that difficult, you just have to work hard and really want it.

I'm not the best example, but I'm personally preparing a big project, and I just joined UpWork, and my plan is to invest any earnings and time on the project, and only after making it properly profitable, I'll start spending money on motorbikes, a better house, and more expensive stuff.

Congrats, any advice for a lazy guy who's about to turn 20?
Don't be lazy (seriously though). I'd recommend setting goals, breaking them down into smaller goals, and turning off your brain- just get to work. And make sure you have a reason for working, too. Nothing worse than trying to motivate yourself to get out of bed in the morning when you technically have no reason to (that's the whole point of me moving across the country, among other things).

Back