How To Use Rainmeter To De-Clutter Your Desktop

built

//
BuSo Pro
Boot Camp
Degree
If you are like me and have loads of shortcuts and stuff on your desktop, this is a god send.

Basics:
  • Install rainmeter
  • Once it's installed, it should automatically load some skins (the stuff on your desktop)
  • Right click any of the skins>Rainmeter>Manage and you'll open Rainmeter's "main menu"
  • Here you'll see that rainmeter has automatically loaded 'illustro' onto your desktop
  • You can locate your skins directory by right clicking the illustro folder>Open folder<Skins or by opening This PC>Documents>Rainmeter>Skins
  • When a skin is installed in rainmeter, you can click the load/unload button to get it on/off your desktop
Installing Skins

• There are many places to discover new skins, so here are a few to get you started Deviant Art, /r/rainmeter,Rainmeterhub
  • Downloaded skins get saved as .mskin files, like this. Simply run the file and it will automatically get added to your rainmeter menu
  • Open the folder in your menu and select the skin you'd like to load, then load it!
My result:

qtz4A9O.png

I don't know if this is true or not but I've found that having a cluttered desktop seriously reduces my productivity, so this is beatiful

Is this @CCarter's desktop? edit: I dont think this is taylor swift, oh well wood bang

OksUQqw.png

Nah, I'm subscribed to the live feed and he's changed his background 4 times since November.

Used to use this, decided to just delete everything from my desktop instead. Same result achieved!

.... so you installed a skin to "declutter" your desktop? haha comical. Most people would have just removed some icons and organized files/folders.

Watch out by the way. I haven't touched Rainmeter since '06 but, last I remember, it'll hog RAM. A lot of designers go overboard and don't optimize their themes well so all Rainmeter did was slow one's PC down.

.... so you installed a skin to "declutter" your desktop? haha comical. Most people would have just removed some icons and organized files/folders.

Watch out by the way. I haven't touched Rainmeter since '06 but, last I remember, it'll hog RAM. A lot of designers go overboard and don't optimize their themes well so all Rainmeter did was slow one's PC down.
Depends on what skin you install. I created my own skin and cleaned up my icons.

Back