Gotta get it before its too late
- Jan 23, 2015
If you are like me and have loads of shortcuts and stuff on your desktop, this is a god send.
- Install rainmeter
- Once it's installed, it should automatically load some skins (the stuff on your desktop)
- Right click any of the skins>Rainmeter>Manage and you'll open Rainmeter's "main menu"
- Here you'll see that rainmeter has automatically loaded 'illustro' onto your desktop
- You can locate your skins directory by right clicking the illustro folder>Open folder<Skins or by opening This PC>Documents>Rainmeter>Skins
- When a skin is installed in rainmeter, you can click the load/unload button to get it on/off your desktop
- There are many places to discover new skins, so here are a few to get you started Deviant Art, /r/rainmeter,Rainmeterhub
- Downloaded skins get saved as .mskin files, like this. Simply run the file and it will automatically get added to your rainmeter menu
- Open the folder in your menu and select the skin you'd like to load, then load it!
I don't know if this is true or not but I've found that having a cluttered desktop seriously reduces my productivity, so this is beatiful