How To Use Rainmeter To De-Clutter Your Desktop

built

Gotta get it before its too late
BuSo Pro
Boot Camp
Degree
If you are like me and have loads of shortcuts and stuff on your desktop, this is a god send.

Basics:
  • Install rainmeter
  • Once it's installed, it should automatically load some skins (the stuff on your desktop)
  • Right click any of the skins>Rainmeter>Manage and you'll open Rainmeter's "main menu"
  • Here you'll see that rainmeter has automatically loaded 'illustro' onto your desktop
  • You can locate your skins directory by right clicking the illustro folder>Open folder<Skins or by opening This PC>Documents>Rainmeter>Skins
  • When a skin is installed in rainmeter, you can click the load/unload button to get it on/off your desktop
Installing Skins

• There are many places to discover new skins, so here are a few to get you started Deviant Art, /r/rainmeter,Rainmeterhub
  • Downloaded skins get saved as .mskin files, like this. Simply run the file and it will automatically get added to your rainmeter menu
  • Open the folder in your menu and select the skin you'd like to load, then load it!
My result:

I don't know if this is true or not but I've found that having a cluttered desktop seriously reduces my productivity, so this is beatiful

Ryuzaki

女性以上のお金
Staff member
BuSo Pro
Digital Strategist
Degree

built

BuSo Pro
Boot Camp
Degree
Is this @CCarter's desktop? edit: I dont think this is taylor swift, oh well wood bang

Potatoe

BuSo Pro
Degree
Nah, I'm subscribed to the live feed and he's changed his background 4 times since November.

Degree
.... so you installed a skin to "declutter" your desktop? haha comical. Most people would have just removed some icons and organized files/folders.

Watch out by the way. I haven't touched Rainmeter since '06 but, last I remember, it'll hog RAM. A lot of designers go overboard and don't optimize their themes well so all Rainmeter did was slow one's PC down.

built

BuSo Pro
Boot Camp
Degree
.... so you installed a skin to "declutter" your desktop? haha comical. Most people would have just removed some icons and organized files/folders.

Watch out by the way. I haven't touched Rainmeter since '06 but, last I remember, it'll hog RAM. A lot of designers go overboard and don't optimize their themes well so all Rainmeter did was slow one's PC down.
Depends on what skin you install. I created my own skin and cleaned up my icons.

Stephen

Ecommerce SEO / SEM
BuSo Pro
Degree